Contact us

Unable to upload images properly

AdelAdel

So lately, I'm unable to upload image files - they always appear as this small colored box, like there was a file missing. I tried with many pictures, and the result is always the same. I also tried with different browsers, and different PCs, and it's all the same.

PS. Do you see properly the image I uploaded?

View attachment 1938

EdvinasLTU

is it hard to upload picture to imageshack.us, or other image uploading site, and then copy link, put it here with
?
by doing what I said, you won't fill any space(or fill it smaller than uploading straight to forum) in forum database.
don't use space, if you didn't paid for that, hehe ;)

AdelAdel

is it hard to upload picture to imageshack.us, or other image uploading site, and then copy link, put it here with
?
by doing what I said, you won't fill any space(or fill it smaller than uploading straight to forum) in forum database.
don't use space, if you didn't paid for that, hehe ;)

Tried that, still can't see the image.

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
Hmmm I'm not 100% sure now, will look into that

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
Nope :/ did you try the upload to some website as Imageshack, Tinypic, etc.?

AdelAdel

Nope :/ did you try the upload to some website as Imageshack, Tinypic, etc.?

I tried Imageshack. Also, tried uploading directly from my hard drive - nothing works.
But it's strange, because in the past (like, 3 months ago) I could upload and view all images properly. Doesn't this mean that's something wrong the settings of my account? Because, like I said, I tried uploading and viewing them from 2 different PCs, and in different browsers, and the result was the same.

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
I tried Imageshack. Also, tried uploading directly from my hard drive - nothing works.
But it's strange, because in the past (like, 3 months ago) I could upload and view all images properly. Doesn't this mean that's something wrong the settings of my account? Because, like I said, I tried uploading and viewing them from 2 different PCs, and in different browsers, and the result was the same.

Did you check the image? Imageshack/Photobucket/Tinypic/etc. should work :/

AdelAdel

adellandflag.jpg

Do you see it? I don't.

BTW, I did what Edvinas told me, and put
at the end and inserted the imageshack link between. If I do the "insert image" thing, I receive a message "Error: invalid file". I can assure you, that the file on imageshack is perfectly fine and viewable.

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
scaled.php

You have to take the direct link :D not the link to the page where is the picture + some other information

I right-clicked on the image > view image and that's how I got the direct link :D then I just copied it here

2nsoqjk.png

(Pogledaj sliku = View Image)

And about attachments, they're available for only Premium Users (but I think that everyone prefers uploading to some website as Imageshack or anything similar):
28tfaiq.jpg

(check this: http://www.escforums.com/t7128/)

AdelAdel

@Juki - I don't get this xstars
I never was a premium user, but I could upload attachments no problem in the past. UNLESS, attachments were added to the premium access around 3 months ago.

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
^ Hmmm, I'm not sure for that :/ I think that Premium was added a few months ago, not sure for attachments

AdelAdel

^ Hmmm, I'm not sure for that :/ I think that Premium was added a few months ago, not sure for attachments

If the attachment option moved from basic to premium, then it makes sense. But I think that non-premium members should be informed of these changes.

And thanks for the tutorial on uploading images directly, it worked xcheer

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
If the attachment option moved from basic to premium, then it makes sense. But I think that non-premium members should be informed of these changes.

And thanks for the tutorial on uploading images directly, it worked xcheer

I think that attachments were included into premium membership since the beginning (March), but I'm not 100% sure :/

AdelAdel

I think that attachments were included into premium membership since the beginning (March), but I'm not 100% sure :/

But I told you... I've been uploading attachments directly from my hard drive in July and they worked no problem. Only from mid-August, they weren't visible anymore.

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
But I told you... I've been uploading attachments directly from my hard drive in July and they worked no problem. Only from mid-August, they weren't visible anymore.

I'm not sure for the problem rn, will look into that :D

Farahim

So lately, I'm unable to upload image files - they always appear as this small colored box, like there was a file missing. I tried with many pictures, and the result is always the same. I also tried with different browsers, and different PCs, and it's all the same.

PS. Do you see properly the image I uploaded?

View attachment 1938

just do like this

Postimage.org - free image hosting / image upload go this site to upload your picture and copy the link, then put it on your comment with code.

[img] link

PHP:
[img]http://www.escforums.com/avatars/users/4374.gif?dateline=1343836474[/img]

4374.gif

Top Bottom