[chorus]:
3 poplar trees, 3 trumpets and echo to the sky
3 poplar trees, 3 trumpets - everything will be allright

Destiny can be harsh or kind but she gave us wings
Our life, our job - sabre, pipe and mace
There's a fascinating endless way in the clear field
Sadness doesn't suit cossack's face

[chorus]x2

Cossacks are Ukrainian soldiers defenders that existed long time ago. They lived in a special towns-fortresses. Cosasack is one of our symbols... he's patriotic, he has incredibly strong spirit and he has unbelievable physical power (they were famous for being very strong, emotionally and physically), he always defends his land (Turks used to occupy our lands and kill our men, sell our women and children to slavery, cossacks were our only hope sometimes).
The song is full of metaphoras...

The thing is ... it's sung by physically disabled kid. Andranik stopped growing when he was 4yo. It's quite rare disease. Also he has problems with bones because of that.
I mean I just can't force myself to stop crying when I hear this song, esp "Sadness doesn't suit cossack's face" line ... OMG ;(
It has few parallels - with the moden time, with his own life, with your own lives, guys, esp if you have some problems... I mean our problems seem so miserable when you have such moments. When I think that I'm exhausted and I have no hope, I just watch this video and it gives me strength for living. It's unspeakable.

Milos-BC

Re: Ukraine - Andranik Alexanyan - 3 Topoli 3 Soormy

Used to be my favorite for a very long time, now it kinda floped, but it's still in my top 5. It probably won't end that high like last year, but i can guess that it will be in top 5. He has a great voice :)

Top Bottom