7 4.1%

14 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

allenakaalan

Even though my favourite is KRUTb, I think Jerry is probably the best choice to go to Eurovision. As long as her fanbase doesn't betray her a la Vegan, and the jury doesn't mark her down too much, it seems that she should have it in the bag.

Mainshow

Veteran
Jerry Heil would be a great entry, for sure - I personally think that she could be a contender for victory (which is still a stupid thing to say because we haven´t heard any entries yet... but the song got potential to attract the masses).

I still hope for KRUTb, though - since I think that Ukraine hasn´t got a simple and classy entry yet (they usually go all in - either quite catchy and Eurovision-esque or well-crafted mordern sounds with ethno elements pushing the boundaries... KRTUb would be something minimalist yet compelling... something new for Ukraine, for sure - and I would love to see a "quite uncommon" instrument on stage again).

Ezio

Veteran
OMG I can't believe my taste is in line with the bookies and the general acknowledgement. I love this song more than 2021 and 2022, and both are in my Alltime Top 10.

AlekS

Veteran
TVORCHI and Demchuk performed their songs live:

TVORCHI sound almost like the studio version. Demchuk sounds fine too.

Ezio

Veteran
Heart of Steel is derivative of lots of modern and cool style fragments of years past, but it doesn't go anywhere and is kinda hard to listen to. It reminds me of something Vincent Bueno would have come up with, 10 seconds interesting and then it loses my attention.

On a side note:

cnhllrG.gif

Yum! Yum! And Yum!

AlekS

Veteran
Jerry Heil released the lyric video:

Wondering if she will use national ornaments on the screens.

We have the 1st song in hutsul dialect ever (FIINKA) and the 1st song with a bits of Latin in our NF (Jerry Heil).

ps. She performed all the backing vocals in the song. All the opera parts and ethno "choir" is her.

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
So many sidenotes here:

Heil is the German word for salvation.

2023 is the year many born-again Christians believe that God will shut the door for the wicked and start to unleash His wrath over the next 7 years.

First, I thought, I hope Ukraine doesn't win by default next year, but with this song, it already has a legitimate claim to the throne once again.

Kam2

Vidbir 2023 production company tender results:
1.Starlight production (Vidbir 2016-2020) 144 points.
2.1+1 production (The Voice, DWTS) 130 points.
3.Friends production (Vidbir 2022) 112 points.
4.Palats Ukraina (JESC 2013) 101 Point.
1+1 purposed Lesya Nikitiuk and Katya Osadcha as potential co-host.
Last time Friends production was the sole participant.
source: Prozorro

Last edited:

Sammy

Veteran
2023 is the year many born-again Christians believe that God will shut the door for the wicked and start to unleash His wrath over the next 7 years.

Born-again christians believe that every other year. it‘s nothing special.
there is even a rapture index (https://www.raptureready.com/rapture-ready-index/) that pretends to predict when the rapture (which will take place in the midst if gods wrath) will most likely happen. If you look at the ranking of its factors, God must be a republican 😂

Last edited:

Kam2

As much as I like Jerry's song and think it would probably bring a better result, I'm rooting for Krut. This is a perfect year for this kind of entry. Very little risk.
Absolutely no risk, especially remembering KRUTЬ’s version of Time(2017):

StephenMuckle

I prefer Angelina Tvorchi and Demchuk. I'm not big at all on Jerry or Krutb. I do think the whole traditional direction Ukraine are going in is becoming repetitive and stale, and it's almost like they are just doing it to appease the fandom who like "ethnic" songs (depending on the country of course).

Ukraine are very good when it comes to more radio friendly Swedish produced songs, and the think they do need to send one like that every so often. Demchuk and Tvorchi wouldn't look out of place in current charts with their songs.

Biscuit02

This is a weak selection overall(just being honest)

Kvitka is probably my favorite

I don't get the hype for either Jerry or Krutь.
Dovbush is something that I should like but it's too much of a mess.
Tvorch disappointed me after their last entry which was great

So yeah goo Kvitka xmetal

Top Bottom