03 DEMCHUK – Alive 6/10
04 Jerry Heil – When God Shut The Door 6/10
05 2TONE – Квітка 5/10
06 Moisei – I'm Not Alone 5/10
07 Angelina – Stronger 4/10
08 OY Sound System – Ой, тужу 3/10
09 FIINKA – Довбуш 3/10
10 Tember Blanche – Я вдома 3/10

TVORCHI for me the strongest song! Some songs could grow on me, but i'm not blowing away from this line-up.

akoz

Interesting songs this year - don't hear bad songs, but some are very generic. I gave 3 attempts to every song today - my only disappointment is Tember Blanche, not a fan of them but still expected more than this simple song with basic rhymes.

2 songs in my eyes will strongly rely on performance - Oy Sound System and Krutb. If Ой тужу staged well, it's definitely will be a moment and most likely my 1 place in Vidbir. With Krutb, I almost really fell asleep somewhere around 2 minute :sleep: so she should perform something eye-catching.

Imho, Jerry Heil is in pole position to win - she has a good song and a lot of fans, but my ranking is like this:

1. FIINKA 9.5/10
2. Oy Sound System 9/10
3. Jerry Heil (actually her song gets better with each new listening) 8.5/10
4. Tvorchi 7.5/10
5. Krutb 6.5/10
6. Demchuk 6/10
7. Angelina 6/10
8. Moisei 5.5/10
9. Tember Blanche 5.5/10
10. 2Tone 5/10

allenakaalan

Even though 99 didn't quite do it for me in 2020, Krutь absolutely delivered this year! Тато береже степи is probably the most beautiful line of lyrics and I got kind of choked up reading it. xcry
Jerry Heil was also very good, just that the song felt too short. Fiinka also has a really good song, albeit feeling a bit like diamond in the rough.
Liking Tvorchi and Angelina (honestly most of the rest as well) so far, and not too sure what to think about OY Sound System yet but we'll see.

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Довбуш performed by FIINKA
Колискова performed by KRUTЬ
Я вдома performed by Tember Blanche
Ой, тужу performed by OY sound System
WHEN GOD SHUT THE DOOR performed by Jerry Heil

Alive performed by DEMCHUK
Квітка performed by 2TONE
Heart of Steel performed by TVORCHI

Stronger performed by Angelina
I'm Not Alone performed by Moisei

WhoKnows

Speaking of, was Krut's video on the official channel re-uploaded or something? She only has 6.8K views, everyone else has over 20K, Jerry Heil has 48K.

Last edited:

allenakaalan

Speaking of, was Krut's video on the official channel re-upload or something? She only has 6.8K views, everyone else has over 20K, Jerry Heil has 48K.
It was re-uploaded due to some technical issues apparently. The old video's view count was pretty on par with Jerry's video.

nick_idk

I think Jerry is probably the runaway winner here, though Oy Sound System could be a moment.

I’m team FIINKA tho xheart

AlekS

Veteran
It was re-uploaded due to some technical issues apparently. The old video's view count was pretty on par with Jerry's video.
I was checking the views 10-20 minutes before it was taken down.

14k for KRUTЬ
26k for Jerry Heil

Also, Jerry's fanbase is obviously the largest.

allenakaalan

I was checking the views 10-20 minutes before it was taken down.

14k for KRUTЬ
26k for Jerry Heil

Also, Jerry's fanbase is obviously the largest.
True, I only checked when I first listened to all the songs, which was about 2 hours after they came out. At the time they were pretty similar in views, although Jerry was obviously already in the lead.

AlekS

Veteran
1. Jerry Heil - 10/10. Thought that nothing can touch me like 1944, but here we are. In a different way of course. I think of it as a sequel. More optimistic and rather about fighting for opportunities, getting your shit together in the darkest hour. The biggest revamp potential. As someone who has spent 7 months at the front line, I can say that this song 100% fits the moment and the mood. It makes me feel proud for what we all do here.

2. FIINKA - 9/10. I've been waiting for her to take part for years. Just like with all of her comedy & music, there are days when I adore her, there are days when I think it's total trash (and I secretly like it) :lol: I was expecting something more groovy, but I'm 100% sure that she will deliver vocally and her charisma will compensate modest production of the song.

3. Oy Sound System - 7/10. I have a soft spot for Dakha Brakha and co., as well as experimental world music / ethno. Imho, the song is too raw. It feels very unfinished, it needs the best staging to avert attention from being inaccessible to most listeners. The most not radio-friendly song of all, and I don't feel that they can break the commercial system, like Go_A did.

4. Moisei - 6.5/10. Thought it would be instrumental track, as usual. He's charismatic, he can touch your soul just by playing violin. But production is a lil' bit dated and dude... Christmas in May? I'll pretend that you didn't come here just to promote yourself. Though, we have had a Valentine's Day song representing us.

5. Krutь - 5/10. I appreciate the lyrics, but the dead person's heart monitor sounds more exciting than this. Her arrogant behaviour ruins it even more.

6. TVORCHI - 4/10. My 2nd biggest disappointment. The clip sounded promising, but when they revealed the full song... probably the most boring song in their entire discography.

7. Angelina - 4/10. Very predictable Swedish production, which traditionally flops hard on Vidbir. There's no room for revamp. She and Demchuk are very out of touch.

8. 2Tone - 3/10. The song does nothing for me. Very local sound from the 00's.

9. DEMCHUK - 3/10. Absolutely forgettable, which is a "death sentence" for tiktoker.

10. Tember Blanche - 2/10. The biggest disappointment. Thought they would be the main contenders, but it sounds as if they forced themselves to make a song.

Last edited:

Kam2

My top 3:
1)KRUTЬ: I understand why AlekS finds Kolyskova boring but I get massive shivers from it and believe that she can create a great moment with Santa Danelevycha Schedryk like staging.
2)FIINKA:cool original song great charismatic performer what not to like? (Potential Hey Mamma like result )
3)Tember Blanche: simple original indie song that will stand out like a sore thumb amid slay divas with pretentious ballads and generic pop songs(Frans and Salvador Sobral say hi).
Jerry tries to do all things at once and the end product sounds a bit messy to my ears, still a massive improvement over Vegan and my fourth place(might flop like Fulenn)

Last edited:
Top Bottom