flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

AlekS

Veteran
Since they've started working together, I hope they will submit a song as well:

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Obviously I’m extremely late in replying to this but I don’t think non Ukrainians actually comprehend just how important Razom nas bahato was for the nation at the time
It was, but still not a particular good track. Although it was very much of its time and context, Ukraine developed extremely much as a music country since then (also Eurovision changed).

O. Torvald was a worse hosting entry, although I am not afraid this time around that Ukraine will send a bad hosting entry, I have pretty high hopes. Sure, it might not be able to live up to the success scorewise as Kalush (that's hard to do), but at least the "we don't want to risk winning due to costs of hosting this year" won't really be the case since UK and EBU will probably stand for most of the costst.

Rocket man

Obviously I’m extremely late in replying to this but I don’t think non Ukrainians actually comprehend just how important Razom nas bahato was for the nation at the time
All I know is that it was linked to the Orange revolution and the song was pushed forward to represent Ukraine at the last minute. That was around the time I first started watching Eurovision and got me interested in the politics across Europe.

A-lister

Veteran
I really like this song (except for the verses that are a bit meh)
Khayat is someone that I like in theory but somehow not sold on his material.
Odyn v canoe
One of the most beautiful and sad ballads, I'd be very happy about them in Vidbir, generally strong material.
I would love to have her in Vidbir:
Masha Kondratenko
But her live is not it.
This song is super catchy and dumb at the same time, very guilty pleasure.

Mainshow

Veteran
He used to live there until 2018.
Moreover, he was working for openly Ukrophobic Russian label (but not for long). I assume, just like Prykhodko, he personally experienced the whole thing and came back to Ukraine.
So there's hope that he might be invited to take part?

I mean, look at Max Barskih who eventually came around and shock surprised us who switched from collaborating with Russian A-Listers, singing in Russian and giving tons of concerts in Russia to singing in Ukrainian as well as calling RuZZians and Putin what they really are.
Or Dorofeeva who actually skipped her Russian-Speaking album and even re-recorded her lead single in Ukrainian.

Personally, I think that Vidbir's rules regarding the artists should be changed accustomed to the current situation/circumstances.

Artem's new material is very "Ukrainian" - he would be a great ambassador for Ukrainian language and culture at Eurovision.

Bmbriga

Artem's new material is very "Ukrainian" - he would be a great ambassador for Ukrainian language and culture at Eurovision.
I noticed that for some time now, before the total war, he was putting all his singles out in both languages. I know he was probably doing it for more radio play, but I don't think every singer, who was singing exclusively in Russian before, did it.

He also had (and still has) a project called "Your verses, my notes" in which he collaborates with other artists and the songs are all in Ukrainan, because the lyrics are actually poems or are based on the poems of famous Ukrainian poets.

This is with Kalush from the beginning of February

rasmuslights

Veteran
idk I think it's stupid to judge Ukrainian artists based on whether they sang in Russian in the past.

artem is clearly against the russian actions, so why penalize him?

AlekS

Veteran
UA: PBC wants to introduce the voting on the state app Diia xbow
18 million users. The voting is for free.

The show will be broadcast by UA: PBC, Diia TV, as well as Youtube and Facebook.

The show can take place at Kyiv subway station, where basically all the recent concerts take place:

Or it can be another location. The Head of the delegation said it will be fully safe.

UA: PBC will announce the competition for production companies. The winner will produce Vidbir and our Eurovision entry.

Last edited:

HarryUK

I’d love for Ukraine to inject a bit of fun back into the contest - like their 2008 entry perhaps. Something we’d have expected from Ukraine, but not something we’ve seen in a while from them. It may also be nice to deter their entry from discussing conflict to perhaps help take their citizens minds off of the atrocities on their doorstep

A-lister

Veteran
I’d love for Ukraine to inject a bit of fun back into the contest - like their 2008 entry perhaps. Something we’d have expected from Ukraine, but not something we’ve seen in a while from them. It may also be nice to deter their entry from discussing conflict to perhaps help take their citizens minds off of the atrocities on their doorstep

I don't disagree, but somehow I think they might get lots of unnecessary sh*t (I can already see the Kirkorov-sponsored Wiwibloggers who like to spew some anti-Ukrainian propaganda every now and then have a go) for "having fun while people in the country are being massacred".

Top Bottom