7 4.1%

14 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

allenakaalan

I don't disagree, but somehow I think they might get lots of unnecessary sh*t (I can already see the Kirkorov-sponsored Wiwibloggers who like to spew some anti-Ukrainian propaganda every now and then have a go) for "having fun while people in the country are being massacred".
Apparently to some people, Ukrainians are never suffering enough unless they are in constant mourning. :cautious: I'd say all of Ukraine's entries since 2018 have been fun. I think people kind of painted Stefania in a somber light this year because of everything that's been going on, but it is a certified bop on its own!

A-lister

Veteran
Apparently to some people, Ukrainians are never suffering enough unless they are in constant mourning. :cautious: I'd say all of Ukraine's entries since 2018 have been fun. I think people kind of painted Stefania in a somber light this year because of everything that's been going on, but it is a certified bop on its own!
I agree, but I think it's a "different kind of fun" for western ears.

As someone with a Slavic background myself I get it, but one needs to be used to the ethnicity in songs like Shum and Stefania.

Simply put, I think some wants a babe with a uptempo party song, sure with ethnic motives, but maybe more "Eurovision-esque".

I personally can live with both, I love a good ethno song regardless of tempo :) Ukraine has been my #1 3 years in a row now (including 2020), I just say continue doing you!

AlekS

Veteran
The final is set on December 17.

Vidbir will take place at the Independence Square subway station, with live audience.
There was a concert in August & there were 3 stages:

SCM84mb.jpg

cMyOsOm.jpg

eR4hAqi.jpg

Hosts: Timur Miroshnychenko and another host suggested by the production company.
The production company will be selected by the end of October. The deadline for all companies is on Friday.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
^ Yep, the same one. She took my least fave stage tho.
I hope they will show bypassing trains (Verka's stage), it looks epic.

Yeah that one, or the tunnel looks pretty cool as well, although if they plan a live audience it's not the best option, would make interaction with the audience not really a thing.

Mimmon

Veteran
The final is set on December 17.

Vidbir will take place at the Independence Square subway station, with live audience.
There was a concert in August & there were 3 stages:

SCM84mb.jpg

cMyOsOm.jpg

eR4hAqi.jpg

Hosts: Timur Miroshnychenko and another host suggested by the production company.
The production company will be selected by the end of October. The deadline for all companies is on Friday.
would love the source (asking for friend)

HarryUK

I'm still incredibly hung up on MARUV not going to Tel Aviv in 2019, hence my previous comment about sending something like 2008

A-lister

Veteran
I'm still incredibly hung up on MARUV not going to Tel Aviv in 2019, hence my previous comment about sending something like 2008

Something like that would be cool, but it would feel odd in the current situation.

Maruv herself will probably never take part in any Vidbir again unless Ukraine will become a russian puppet state, as she has openly trashed Ukraine over and over again and I wouldn't be surprised if she's already in russia.

AlekS

Veteran
Something like that would be cool, but it would feel odd in the current situation.

Maruv herself will probably never take part in any Vidbir again unless Ukraine will become a russian puppet state, as she has openly trashed Ukraine over and over again and I wouldn't be surprised if she's already in russia.
She stayed here and gave birth to her baby in Kyiv. I was talking to her close people and they said she donated money on our armed forces.
ps. 2 years ago she said she doesn't want to take part in Russian selection or internal selection.

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
She stayed here and gave birth to her baby in Kyiv. I was talking to her close people and they said she donated money on our armed forces.
ps. 2 years ago she said she doesn't want to take part in Russian selection or internal selection.

not to mention the situation of the relationship between Russia and Ukraine in 2019 was much different than it is now.

many ukranian artists used to work in russia but don't anymore (max barskih, dorofeeva...)

A-lister

Veteran

Interesting, kinda opposite to her public behavior then which has been pretty pro-russian.

WhoKnows

Interesting, kinda opposite to her public behavior then which has been pretty pro-russian.

These people's entire careers can be described as "having your cake and eating it too." Despite the occupation and the war since 2014, they've continued to straddle both sides of the fence and play dumb. Since the full-scale invasion this year, that game plan no longer works, so most of them came crawling back. Some of them seem genuinely repentant, some seem totally fake and are probably just trying to hedge their bets given how bleak the future of Russia looks. Many of the ones in the latter category are still delusional and think things will go back to "normal" between Russia and Ukraine after this whole "political conflict" blows over (see Loboda's recent interview with some Russian youtuber). I suspect Maruv is in this category. Her career in Ukraine is unlikely to recover after her stunt in 2019 and years of performing in Russia, but things aren't looking too good in Russia for anyone these days. So she's probably just staying quiet for now so she can jump on whatever ship will be available to her down the road.

A-lister

Veteran
These people's entire careers can be described as "having your cake and eating it too." Despite the occupation and the war since 2014, they've continued to straddle both sides of the fence and play dumb. Since the full-scale invasion this year, that game plan no longer works, so most of them came crawling back. Some of them seem genuinely repentant, some seem totally fake and are probably just trying to hedge their bets given how bleak the future of Russia looks. Many of the ones in the latter category are still delusional and think things will go back to "normal" between Russia and Ukraine after this whole "political conflict" blows over (see Loboda's recent interview with some Russian youtuber). I suspect Maruv is in this category. Her career in Ukraine is unlikely to recover after her stunt in 2019 and years of performing in Russia, but things aren't looking too good in Russia for anyone these days. So she's probably just staying quiet for now so she can jump on whatever ship will be available to her down the road.

I dunno what Loboda said, but both she and Maks Barskih seem to at least make some sort of genuine attempt at amending.

Maruv, I have yet to see even one public statement or social media post by her even saying something negative about russia or the war, I think she fits really well in your description. Additionally, she's been publicly trashing Ukraine for years, as for the others I don't think they said much, they just made business in russia, not that there isn't hypocrisy in the latter too, but at least it's not the same as just publicly trashing your country every chance you got.

hijirio

Veteran
Send them 10 times in a row xheart

kalush could never looool

Top Bottom