7 4.1%

14 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Bmbriga

So apparently Ruslana was the only Ukrainian winner who wasn't invited to perform in this year's edition as she posted online. Sorry Ruslana you needed to win with a politic song to be seen by the Ukrainian broadcaster. I guess they invited her later after the social media reactions. And of course it is not a politic act at all, Ukraine is like the least politic country in the competition, folks. Let's keep defending all the politic acts Ukraine takes with the motto it is not politic at all. 🤡
I hope you stretched before that reach.

They probably didn't invite her because she was performing in Kyiv after her own win and after Jamala's and now they did the same thing for Jamala, especially since there's also a whole other country that's hosting.

Ruslana should probably get over herself a little bit and you should get some help.

MopManMoss

Veteran
So apparently Ruslana was the only Ukrainian winner who wasn't invited to perform in this year's edition as she posted online. Sorry Ruslana you needed to win with a politic song to be seen by the Ukrainian broadcaster. I guess they invited her later after the social media reactions. And of course it is not a politic act at all, Ukraine is like the least politic country in the competition, folks. Let's keep defending all the politic acts Ukraine takes with the motto it is not politic at all. 🤡
You really think Ruslana was invited to perform at eurovision only two and a half weeks before it starts because some people complained on twitter? It is so clear it is just one of the many things they hadn't announced so that there were still some surpises. Be serious for god sake and stop being so bitter about Ukraine all the time

Brandt

You really think Ruslana was invited to perform at eurovision only two and a half weeks before it starts because some people complained on twitter?
Ruslana herself posted online that she wasn't invited and this is how the news spread, so yes it was a last minute decision.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Ruslana herself posted online that she wasn't invited and this is how the news spread, so yes it was a last minute decision.
And people cant lie prior to events for suprises? That happens literally all the time. There is literally zero chance Ruslana was only performing at eurovillage ffs

Brandt

And people cant lie prior to events for suprises?
Isn't that a bit of stretch here? Trying to defend mistakes so blindly that it looks funny. She was lying for whatever reason. Yeah, why not I guess.

AlekS

Veteran
And people cant lie prior to events for suprises? That happens literally all the time. There is literally zero chance Ruslana was only performing at eurovillage ffs
What's even more hilarious is that the BBC decided they want her in pre-recorded footage rather than on stage. But it's all "cruel Ukraine" as always
zKnpn4q.gif

Trying to label our 2022 song political is even more hilarious xrofl

simori95

Isn't that a bit of stretch here?
Not really, no. There are two prominent examples of it in only this year‘s NF season. Ulrikke and Elsie Bay both tried to fool the rumor mill by saying they were not in the MGP line-up.

Wynnter

This one does end up being more in the "basic" category, but the instrumentation is just so slick and cool and neat that it really does elevate the song to a good status for me. I like the somber vibes at the beginning and the violins in the later part is just... mmm so good. The chorus might just be the weakest aspect. But yeah, it's one of those good in the moment songs.

Final score: :8: points

midnightsun

Veteran
Grab that top 5 again

I would be absolutely fine with them even winning again, this time because I truly love the song. (Last year I was ok with them winning although I didn’t like the song.)

I think Heart of Steel is one of the most contemporary entries this year and made for the international stage, more than Europe (the song is less European music market than rather US music market).

MopManMoss

Veteran
I was expecting they would make it worse, so I'm pleased with improved Vidbir staging :)

Didn't expect this 4sure (y):

ktyC4a0.jpg
Its fake there arent any press until monday, the twitter user that makes these is deliberately doing it for misinformation they do stuff like this all the time

AlekS

Veteran
Its fake there arent any press until monday, the twitter user that makes these is deliberately doing it for misinformation they do stuff like this all the time
Didn't take it from Twitter. I was confused about that too (thought it was based on the snippets), and by UK's position :lol:

Edit: Found the original hoe on Twitter. Not Armenian rusophile putting us 2nd :LOL:

Last edited:
Top Bottom