ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

AlekS

Veteran
Could it have been worse?
it's not
Moscow Masterskaya? Dorn, is that you? lol. The bot registered just to give us 0 xrofl

Didn't want to vote for our entry, but I'll have to give 12 to make it more fair then. I'd gave it 7 for now. The song needs a better chorus.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Jamala really liked Krutь's studio version, but the live performances changed her opinion.

Her personal points:
10 - TVORCHI
9 - Krutь
8 - Jerry Heil

Katya (Go_A) said that she liked the voice of 2Tones lead vocalist.
Her faves were Krut' and Jerry Heil. She also liked Angelina's vocals (though, she was listening via in-ear monitors).

lasse braun

little reprise - sorry for posting that timeless masterpiece twice but i'm so in love.xrose

...why,ukraine why?
what you have done?
winning ESC 2 times in a row is no goal?

@AlekS
if your favourite had won,no problem for me (good song but the opera element disturbs me a little bit) - i have thought before vidbir that she will win it with a landslide but something very strange has happen.
now we have a winner act without that typical ukraine flair.
good idea - bad idea?
in my opinium the ukraine music reputation has suffered in any case because that "stay as you are thing" - right?
not right?
lasse is momently a "drunken sailor" but learning something more about other countries is not the baddest thing.xpokerface

AlekS

Veteran
ESC is not the best nationality/ethno/diverse song/best flair contest and never will be.
Salvador & Maneskin (except the language), Netta, Duncan all won without national flair. People choose what they like at the current moment.
Our 3 winners and 3 consecutive songs (4 if you count Alina Pash) all had some strong ethno elements, imo that's enough.
This time tiktokers played the prominent role in the voting. Jerry Heil had 0 ads, she didn't promote her own song. The amount of voters became twice larger, just having a fanbase is not enough anymore. Krutь had too aggressive promotion (which helped a lot, but also scared many people off) and taking a kid to the stage was too much, I agree with Jamala, she looked older than she was in those clothes and makeup.
Tvorchi had the best promo campaign, they know their target audience too well, they mobilized it. Their streaming numbers became equal with Jerry Heil 2 days before Vidbir.

Last edited:

lasse braun

This time tiktokers played the prominent role in the voting.
oh yeah,the end is near.xstars

one thing:
if "fanbase" is the one and only factor,the end is "mega near"!
(good) true music is still the key for everything and this key has not worked for 2023.
and if (only) the best promotion leading to the win,ukraine is in my opinium a dead duck.
and please take my opinum not so hard - your dislike against krut is ok for me - you have written this opinium through the lines about her here around the clock.
p.s. maybe my post is in parts very arrogant for you but please do not forget,that music is the key,better should be in first the key and ethno music from my german country is not so cool,but from your country it is and that's the point!

xqueenbitch

Ravlyk

Well... ok.
Oy Sound System was my "different" entry.
I liked Krut's song for its "magic".
I like Gerry Heil very mush. Not her song, tho. Tbh I'm just ok with it.
Fiinka's song is a lot of fun.
And either of them could be my "I'm totally fine with it" winner.

Tvorchi is my "50/50" Neither good nor bad. It seems like they are adored by the same type of audience, that adored Kadnay at the time they were at Vidbir. Bc this kind of music isn't present on our internal market, so "this is cool". I'll let it settle down a bit and reevaluate them later, after the revamp (hopefully)

Sammy

Veteran
The classic Eurofans are so pathetic once again tbh. They hear a NF song with opera elements and they instantly wet their pants.
what do you mean by „opera elements“ ? in heart of steel?

Last edited:

hijirio

Veteran
Tvorchi was not my favorite, but I’m glad Ukraine is sending something different and it’s not a bad song at all, just not as competitive as the previous entries.

Still it’s too early for Krut and Jerry Heil fans to sob, it’s only a matter of time for the drama to unfold and we might even see tember blanche go to liverpool xrofl xrofl xrofl

Realest

They won the Televote, so their Victory shouldnt be controversal.

But still, not Vidbirs most successpromising Choice.

hijirio

Veteran
I actually like this genre a lot, and I am in love with the well-produced instrumentals here but it sounds like one of the worst examples of the genre it represents, mainly because of the lyrics and repetition of the last syllable e.g. say-ay-ay-ay which is lowkey cringe.

It will end up somewhere around 20ish in my ranking unless it turns out to be a strong year

Kam2

My Vidbir 2023 thoughts:
Best performances:
1.Tvorchi
2.OY Sound System (Oy, tuzhu works better live than in studio)
3.Tember Blanche (the only ones from my pre show top 3 who didn’t disappoint me performance wise and got my vote)
4..FIINKA (expected better vocals from her)
Biggest disappointments:
1.Krutь(I adore Kolyskova as a song, but Maryna’s patriotic valkyrie looks, blood red backdrop and boy playing bandura just didn’t work with it. Star filled sky with stars moving to create animals, simple white dress and intamate face shots during war related lines with sunrise coming at the end of the song would have worked way better IMHO)
2.Jerry Heil(Her backing vocalists were more convincing than Jerry herself)
Everyone else were just fillers.

Top Bottom