ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
So sometimes she´s dead wrong as well?? :LOL:
I mean - like everyone else...

:am: was one of her huge favourites and thanks to her and my dad "Snap" ended up #4 in our "ESC 2022 - all songs ranked - list" [I somehow tried to heavily vote it down] - but "Snap" turned out to be the biggest hit... I guess - apart from a few excpetions - she can smell what the general public might end up liking in the end.

ESC94

I mean - like everyone else...

:am: was one of her huge favourites and thanks to her and my dad "Snap" ended up #4 in our "ESC 2022 - all songs ranked - list" [I somehow tried to heavily vote it down] - but "Snap" turned out to be the biggest hit... I guess - apart from a few excpetions - she can smell what the general public might end up liking in the end.

So basically she can "smell" what people might like but that doesn´t mean it will do well at the ESC itself like :am: 2022, right??

mauve

Veteran
Finally I managed to listen to all songs (couldn't see the show), and I have to say that I was rather disappointed. I was supporting mostly Jerry (as many others here), but her performance lacked some sort of connection. I wasn't touched emotionally.
And Tvorchi ... the performance is captivating, but the song is somehow too messy for me, not memorable enough. It is definitely not my kind of song, and it is not as innovative as Jerry's or Krut's, but who knows, maybe I am wrong and people will love it in May.
Anyway, my first points for the new ESC season: :4:

Mainshow

Veteran
I honestly don´t know what to say?

She immediately fell in love with Sam Ryder as well and I just thought it was "mediocre" - the song slowly and surely grew on me because my parents kept on searching for it on YouTube. - I never experienced it before (that my parents kept on listening to ESC songs without my "help" or "forcing them").

Back in 2014, she immediately said that Conchita is going to win - and I just waited for the CD to make my parents listen to the songs (I wasn´t able to let the previews play on TV back in the day).. thus, she didn´t see her or know how the artist looked like... I thought it was a mediocre wannabe Bond ballad and I was rooting for the Trackshittaz :D

I think she´s genereally more leaning towards what can finish very high in May (but she´s not some sort of oracle).

ESC94

She immediately fell in love with Sam Ryder as well and I just thought it was "mediocre" - the song slowly and surely grew on me because my parents kept on searching for it on YouTube. - I never experienced it before (that my parents kept on listening to ESC songs without my "help" or "forcing them").

Back in 2014, she immediately said that Conchita is going to win - and I just waited for the CD to make my parents listen to the songs (I wasn´t able to let the previews play on TV back in the day).. thus, she didn´t see her or know how the artist looked like... I thought it was a mediocre wannabe Bond ballad and I was rooting for the Trackshittaz :D

I think she´s genereally more leaning towards what can finish very high in May (but she´s not some sort of oracle).

So she didn´t pass her abilities on you?? ;)

She loved Sam because he reminded her of Sir Elton and Robbie. The Boomers again. 🤣

However Sam's song wasn't the most original pop song ever or even in 2021, it was nevertheless captivating from the very intro.

That's part of what is called smart composing and producing, that knows how to clinge onto listener's attention.

Wherever whenever, the first moment you hear that off pitched thin voiced opening line having strange lyrics : If i were an austronaut ... it catches your ear and you want to hear what's coming...

That, however, is not Tvorchi. 🤣

AlekS

Veteran
Jerry Heil cried behind the stage, awwww, sis, don't cry xlovexkiss *hugs*
And she congratulated Tvorchi too.
I'm happy to know that she cared about the results. Also, she will probably take part one more time. Zlata won from the 3rd attempt.

Krutь cried on stage. Jamala also said she will never come back, but she came back and won ;) I can live with your behind the stage attitude, just come up with a better song.

xhug

hunty73

Ukraine have an entry here that will be very hard to vote high for for juries and so ensure there is no chance of another win this year.I think that matters because Ukraine are an amazing ESC country,maybe the best of all and they wouldnt want default wins.You do feel though that Jerry Heil might of gone close at ESC.You feel her ESC story isnt over.

WhoKnows

This is so stupid. I refuse to believe tvorchi got the most televotes. I knew the jury would simp for them.

Rocket man

Interesting choice from Ukraine, I like that they went for something different from their previous Eurovision entries. I enjoyed Krutь's performance the most and thought that was going to win, but now in hindsight I like that the people in Ukraine chose Tvorchi.

Fluke

Oh boy.... interesting sounds, original image and expression, pretty weak chorus though..... i think the song feels very short and anticlimactic, they could have tried to fit in a quirky K-Pop-style bridge and the entire song would feel much more complete. Gonna be curious to see how they stage this, though.

Ezio

Veteran
This is a major trainwreck. Sounds like Vincent Bueno wrote it and The Weeknd rejected it, the maximum for Ukraine is a Sweden 2021 placement, just for being Ukraine. Generic pop song with no flavour.

Ezio

Veteran
I take them as consolation prize then for the robbing of "When God shut the door".

When one door shuts, two other doors can open very wide.

OK, Ima gonna stick around here, drooling...
cnhllrG.gif

nick_idk

Ultimately, Tvorchi has a MASSIVE appeal that everyone (especially locals) adore. Krut' had a nice performance, but if you're not into bandura lullaby type stuff, ur not gonna vote for it.

Sucks their song isn't their best, but if they do a solid revamp and strengthen it, this could be a top 10 or top 7 at esc. Locals love male pop duo's like this, and their stage presence (especially Jeffrey) is absolutely amazing. I'll cry about the song being in English on another day.

Top Bottom