• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Стефанія мамо мамо Стефанія
Розквітає поле, а вона сивіє
Заспівай мені мамо колискову
Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово

Вона мене колисала дала мені ритм і напевне силу волі не забрати в мене, бо дала вона
Напевне знала може більше і від Соломона
Ламаними дорогами прийду я завжди до тебе
Вона не розбудить, не будить, мене в сильні бурі
Забере в бабулі дві дулі, ніби вони кулі
Дуже добре знала мене не була обманута, як була дуже втомлена, гойдала мене в такт
Люлі люлі люлі...

Я не в пеленах но ма но ма, хватить, як би я не виріс на виріст за речі платить
Я не мала дитина, вона далі нерви тратить, я гуляв, шляк би тебе трафив
Ти все молода о мамо на піку, якщо не ціню опіку на піку слави мені в тупику
Забивайте піку цю піку, я би попік спік, своєю любов'ю
Люлі люлі люлі...

Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово​

Last edited by a moderator:

AlekS

Veteran
I love Tayanna - she won't win also probably not top 5 but she would still get a very decent result for Ukraine - top 15 is certain without a doubt. I love plenty of her songs... her latest EP was very good.

Can any Ukranian please explain why do not people like her? I really don't get it.
Her performances don't click with me. "I Love You" was great tho (if you close your eyes on that gimmick stolen from Spain 2015), but she had a horrible sore throat and blew her chances. Imho, she should have been our representative in 2017.

I didn't like Lelya as a song. Showing her sexy legs was epic ... but everything else was meh. In the final her stylist killed her chances completely. 1 color, she merged with the background, the costume was few sizes bigger than needed, her backing vocalists looked awful too in those cheap curtains. Her team buried her alive with that scandal with Danylko. I was watching her burial live.
LMAO at listening to people who were saying that her costume was too slutty. She listened to them, wore atrocious outfit for the final, we chose Maruv next year. Brilliant understanding of what Ukrainians want [/sarcasm].

If you talk about non-ESC performances... her clothes, make-up, hairstyle, charisma, sometimes her songs just do not work.
DWTS performance - homophobic make-up, the hair was a hatecrime.
I dislike almost everything she does since she's got her current producer.

A-lister

Veteran
Her performances don't click with me. "I Love You" was great tho (if you close your eyes on that gimmick stolen from Spain 2015), but she had a horrible sore throat and blew her chances. Imho, she should have been our representative in 2017.

I didn't like Lelya as a song. Showing her sexy legs was epic ... but everything else was meh. In the final her stylist killed her chances completely. 1 color, she merged with the background, the costume was few sizes bigger than needed, her backing vocalists looked awful too in those cheap curtains. Her team buried her alive with that scandal with Danylko. I was watching her burial live.
LMAO at listening to people who were saying that her costume was too slutty. She listened to them, wore atrocious outfit for the final, we chose Maruv next year. Brilliant understanding of what Ukrainians want [/sarcasm].

If you talk about non-ESC performances... her clothes, make-up, hairstyle, charisma, sometimes her songs just do not work.
DWTS performance - homophobic make-up, the hair was a hatecrime.
I dislike almost everything she does since she's got her current producer.

What even is "homophobic make-up"? :lol:

Each to their own, but "Lelya" was catchy while "I Love You" was just your average standard Eurovision ballad...

I don't get the hate though, I'm with @rasmuslights here, since she crossed over to Ukrainian she has released two strong EP's and singles in between, material-wise her EP's have been much stronger than what Tina Karol, Zlata or Alyosha released (Tina's latest EP was really bad and she's still insisting on mostly Russian material)... as for performances and styling, well taste differ, but music-wise she's probably one of the more consistently good names in Ukrainian Pop imho. Styling and stage concepts is something you can always work on, but if the material is bad then what does it help? Also what does it help if your material is good like in the case of Kazka but juries would kill you because the lead singer can't sing live to save her life xshrug

Again, leaving personal taste aside, I'm pretty sure she'd done much better in ESC than what you sent those years and she really has those type of vocals the juries in ESC love and combined with a catchy song and good performance, she'd be good ESC material no matter if Ukrainians like her or not (I still don't get the hate tbh, really don't, maybe it's more a thing on this forum). Anyways she must be doing something right to have all these haters, it's better than go unnoticed...

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
While we're on the topic of Ukrainian Pop singers and potential names for Vidbir 2022, is Yulia Dumanska someone that would be up for it? She's had some sort of revival lately with two hits in a row (after being kinda quiet for some time). My only concern is, how is she live? I can't find her appearing live anywhere on any shows, is she only a producer's product? How is her live singing and generally performance skills? xshrug The woman is clearly great looking, seems to have good vocals (at least studio ones) and has some pretty good (Potap-penned) bops (she's basically releasing the songs Nastya Kamenskih should release if it wasn't for the fact they still want to push that silly pseudo-Latin nonsense on her and atypical Russian stuff).

In a year 2022 where I think Eurovision will be overflowed with rock-attempts and conservative and "artsy" ballads, I think contrary to 2021 a straight on female bop could actually be the right formula for victory.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Each to their own, but "Lelya" was catchy while "I Love You" was just your average standard Eurovision ballad...
So was "Voila" or "Proud". "I Love You" wasn't more standard or average than Lelya.

I don't get the hate though, I'm with @rasmuslights here, since she crossed over to Ukrainian she has released two strong EP's and singles in between, material-wise her EP's have been much stronger than what Tina Karol, Zlata or Alyosha released (Tina's latest EP was really bad and she's still insisting on mostly Russian material)...
Hate is a too strong word. Her performances didn't make me interested enough to hate her :) And everyone's recent music, you've mentioned above, is on the same level of meh-ness to me.

Again, leaving personal taste aside, I'm pretty sure she'd done much better in ESC than what you sent those years and she really has those type of vocals the juries in ESC love and combined with a catchy song and good performance, she'd be good ESC material no matter if Ukrainians like her or not.
Yeah, f those Ukrainians :lol:xfacepalm
2017 - she would received much more than O.Torvald from the juries. 2018 - slightly more than Melovin. With constant reminders about 2017 scandals, they would downgraded her even harder than Go_A, she would finished below #12-#14 in the televoting.
You can trashtalk me and our televoters, call us haters etc., but we selected the best entry from what we had in 2018, and it wasn't Tayanna. 4th try will be lucky lol.

A-lister

Veteran
So was "Voila" or "Proud". "I Love You" wasn't more standard or average than Lelya.
"I Love You" was certainly on the same cringe level as "Proud", here we can agree.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on "Lelya" though as I believe it's a competent and catchy bop that didn't sound like your average Eurovision bop.

Also I'm not personally a big fan of "Voila", but putting it next to the likes of "Proud" and "I Love You" borders on blasphemy :lol:.
Hate is a too strong word. Her performances didn't make me interested enough to hate her :) And everyone's recent music, you've mentioned above, is on the same level of meh-ness to me.
Well, "hate" might be a "strong" word, but in everyday language when someone is obsessively "trashing" someone it's the closest to hand.

Each to their own of course.
Yeah, f those Ukrainians :lol:xfacepalm
2017 - she would received much more than O.Torvald from the juries. 2018 - slightly more than Melovin. With constant reminders about 2017 scandals, they would downgraded her even harder than Go_A, she would finished below #12-#14 in the televoting.
You can trashtalk me and our televoters, call us haters etc., but we selected the best entry from what we had in 2018, and it wasn't Tayanna. 4th try will be lucky lol.
Huh? No one is "trashtalking" anyone, what are you on about? We're talking about an artist/entry here no need to take it personal xshrug

What scandals are you on about? I think your're overestimating local tabloid "scandals" that not even most locals know about :lol: Europeans surely don't know nor care about some local "scandals" :lol:

Well, it's hypothetical where she would end up, I think "Lelya" would fair much better and I stick to that but since it never happened we can just speculate.

AlekS

Veteran
Also I'm not personally a big fan of "Voila", but putting it next to the likes of "Proud" and "I Love You" borders on blasphemy :lol:.
I'm gonna put it beneath "I Love You" (Russian version) any time :cool:
I'd choose her personal domestic abuse & being abused by producer story xbow over those both songs.

Well, "hate" might be a "strong" word, but in everyday language when someone is obsessively "trashing" someone it's the closest to hand.
Noone is obsessively trashing her in this thread, what are you on? :unsure:

We're talking about an artist/entry here no need to take it personal xshrug
I wouldn't took it personal if you weren't talking about haters while quoting my message ... xshrug:unsure:

What scandals are you on about? I think your're overestimating local tabloid "scandals" that not even most locals know about :lol:
Well, it's hypothetical where she would end up...
I wasn't talking about Europeans, it's the juries. It's the broadcasters that still post discriminative articles and bring politics against us even in 2020 & 2021. British, German, Danish, Spanish, to name a few. Btw, only Germany gave us jury points out of this bunch this year.

Hypothetical? She couldn't win 2 weakest Vidbirs :lol: Our televoters usually vote in tune with ESC televoting with a very few exceptions. Our televoters chose Jamala, Melovin, Maruv and Go_A... 2nd, 7th, 2nd places of ESC televoting (Maruv would have been in the top 3 too) :cool: If we put Tayanna only 3rd, then she would received a worse televoting result at ESC too.

Btw, it's not her 4th try. It will be the 5th one, actually! She chickened out & withdrew in 2019, she would have been destroyed by Maruv, Freedom Jazz, KAZKA. She submitted such a weak song that even Jerry Heil would served her a NQ
YVJYVRq.gif

Last edited:

Kam2

Btw, it's not her 4th try. It will be the 5th one, actually
8th if we add her jesc flops in Kazakhstan NF 2018 and Vidbir jr 2019-2020 (with Darya Moskalenko) what a Tayanna Tina she is.

A-lister

Veteran
I'm gonna put it beneath "I Love You" (Russian version) any time :cool:
I'd choose her personal domestic abuse & being abused by producer story xbow over those both songs.
The Russian version is tolerable, I agree. The English one however is pretty cringe and unfortunately that is what she competed with.
Noone is obsessively trashing her in this thread, what are you on? :unsure:

I wouldn't took it personal if you weren't talking about haters while quoting my message ... xshrug:unsure:
Really, it's not personal.
I wasn't talking about Europeans, it's the juries. It's the broadcasters that still post discriminative articles and bring politics against us even in 2020 & 2021. British, German, Danish, Spanish, to name a few. Btw, only Germany gave us jury points out of this bunch this year.
I don't think the ESC juries care about some local tabloid stuff, I don't even see what's so "scandalous" to begin with. But yes, there is a bias against Ukraine with the juries, but that is something all Ukrainian acts face. Still though, I think she'd fair better for the simple fact that she's more the cup of tea of juries than O. Torvald or Melovin were.
Hypothetical? She couldn't win 2 weakest Vidbirs :lol: Our televoters usually vote in tune with ESC televoting with a very few exceptions. Our televoters chose Jamala, Melovin, Maruv and Go_A... 2nd, 7th, 2nd places of ESC televoting (Maruv would have been in the top 3 too) :cool: If we put Tayanna only 3rd, then she would received a worse televoting result on ESC too.
As I pointed out already local voting patterns don't necessarily translate to Europe. Europeans don't care about local fame or hype.

Btw, it's not her 4th try. It will be the 5th one, actually! She chickened out & withdrew in 2019, she would have been destroyed by Maruv, Freedom Jazz, KAZKA. She submitted such a weak song that even Jerry Heil would served her a NQ
YVJYVRq.gif
I think "Ochi" was better than what Freedom Jazz or Kazka served that edition, but each to their own. Maruv was in her own league though, but if we're talking "scandals" then she's really also worse with her pro-Russian stances.

Elina UA

Also what is this thing about no one liking her? Except for maybe alyona alyona, she's the most successful act out of the rumored ones (I don't count Max here as he basically made himself a Russian artist).
Can any Ukranian please explain why do not people like her? I really don't get it.
PR machine doesn't mean anything (hello Malta!) so I don't get the argument?
That's why so many people in the Ukrainian ESC bubble hated her. People wanted her to represent in 2016, but a year later her PR was considered agressive. "The entire selection was made for Reshetnyak, she has already bought everything, her bots, her PR campaign, her big papas behind her." Many people assumed Vidbir was rigged for her.
They really didn't like that she's producer's project.
Thus, her team didn't help her, but, on the contrary, fired back at her, especially in the iconic 2018 scandal.

As for ordinary Ukrainians, they either don't know about her or don't like her music.

I love Tayanna - she won't win also probably not top 5 but she would still get a very decent result for Ukraine - top 15 is certain without a doubt. I love plenty of her songs... her latest EP was very good.
The blendest lyrics on the Earth, boring, 0 honesty, 0 emotions, 0 groove, 0 charisma, it doesn't suit her, and arangement is just a boring copycat of Western music (e.x. Ейфорія - Blinding Lights).
The EP's title means Woman's power, but instead of feeling empowered or moved all i feel is a meh.
That's for you to understand how Ukrainians, who actually know what she sings and how she sings, perceive her music.
She needs to work on foreign markets, because she managed to fool all of you how she is a super magnificent talantel, but hated diva, tho she's not, nobody gives a heck about her and it's justified.
She's a sympathetic person, but her current team and repertoire aren't. And we have tons of singers that can sing, but can't get an audience for their poor art. She's one in a thousand, so your Tayanna bubble should burst.

Who cares about "Dancing with the stars"? It's a trash show for stupid people (no offense to anyone liking it, just telling how it is).
DWTS always reflects the popularity of an artist in Ukraine with high accuracy. Even if they dance badly, fans vote like simps. And they invited Il Volo with Grande Amore, so they bought me. xhmmm

I think the perception of ESC changed since and the fact that those tween/teen girls favs flopped, resulted in a change of voting patterns in the following Vidbirs.
No, it's not lol
Maruv had her fan base. And in 2020 it was the first time ever with no stars. KHAYAT? No, his teen fame had just begun back then, so his very little fan base doesn't count. If Melovin entered Vidbir again he would've won 3rd and 4th times xrofl

rasmuslights

Veteran
understand
That's why so many people in the Ukrainian ESC bubble hated her. People wanted her to represent in 2016, but a year later her PR was considered agressive. "The entire selection was made for Reshetnyak, she has already bought everything, her bots, her PR campaign, her big papas behind her." Many people assumed Vidbir was rigged for her.
Thus, her team didn't help her, but, on the contrary, fired back at her, especially in the iconic 2018 scandal.

As for ordinary Ukrainians, they either don't know about her or don't like her music.

The blendest lyrics on the Earth, boring, 0 honesty, 0 emotions, 0 groove, 0 charisma, it doesn't suit her, and arangement is just a boring copycat of Western music (e.x. Ейфорія - Blinding Lights).
The EP's title means Woman's power, but instead of feeling empowered or moved all i feel is a meh.
That's for you to understand how Ukrainians, who actually know what she sings and how she sings, perceive her music.
She needs to work on foreign markets, because she managed to fool all of you how she is a super magnificent talantel, but hated diva, tho she's not, nobody gives a heck about her and it's justified.
She's a sympathetic person, but her current team and repertoire aren't. And we have tons of singers that can sing, but can't get an audience for their poor art. She's one in a thousand, so your Tayanna bubble should burst.

DWTS always reflects the popularity of an artist in Ukraine with high accuracy. Even if they dance badly, fans vote like simps. And they invited Il Volo with Grande Amore, so they bought me. xhmmm

No, it's not lol
Maruv had her fan base. And in 2020 it was the first time ever with no stars. KHAYAT? No, his teen fame had just begun back then, so his very little fan base doesn't count. If Melovin entered Vidbir again he would've won 3rd and 4th times xrofl

well, I still love her no matter what other people say to me... Leyla would also be my fave Ukrainian entry since Jamala... I won't say that she is the best of the best that Ukraine can offer but she certainly isn't so bad as some people claim her to be.

Her EP was fire in my eyes... I love all 5 songs and listen to 1 on daily basis. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENUYpbaL77o) imo it's original, yeah it's 80's vibes... but we do have to realize that Dua and Weeknd did not invent reintroducing the 80's... they were just the ones who made it popular... Crimer from Switzerland for example was before them...

now if you don't like her that's fine... but imo if she were to enter for example in 2021 with Leyla she would maybe struggle because of the number of female bangers but out of them she would stand out with the Ukrainian language and it was just a different type of pop-song imo.

AlekS

Veteran
STB Eurovision site posted an article about Go_A being in Atlas fest line up.
I guess this cross-promo means they will definitely invite a few people from Atlas to Vidbir.
Vidbir producers usually start inviting people already in May/June.

Kvinta stayed as the music producer.

Katya said she wants to see The Unsleeping on Vidbir.

This is how you dress for Sziget preselection xheat

Drag diva Monroe said she will submit a song.

The guy at 2:44 is Art Demur. He was a stand-in for Salvador in 2017.

Last edited:

Elina UA

well, I still love her no matter what other people say to me... Leyla would also be my fave Ukrainian entry since Jamala... I won't say that she is the best of the best that Ukraine can offer but she certainly isn't so bad as some people claim her to be.
As you should. I listen to tons of foreign music that probably doesn't sound impressive for native speakers, but for me it's great. xmusic
Just wanted you to understand why she doesn't receive much recognition here.

now if you don't like her that's fine...
If she win Vidbir with the strongest song of the selection, i'll be happy. xleft

Kvinta stayed as the music producer.
Meh. Shitty organisation will prevail.

EscGeek

Veteran
Tayanna is great. I'm following her career ever since "I Love You". What a wonderful ballad that song is. xmusic
To this day, I'm still wondering what would've happened if she hadn't had a sore throat on the final night.xcry

A-lister

Veteran
Well, aggressive PR can be off-putting I agree, but if the material is good then it speaks for itself. Although I can't blame someone for doing PR really, it's part of the business. It's a tough market to break through and sometimes it's needed to be heard..

What scandal? Anyways, like I said before, any local scandal or if locals like or dislike an artist wouldn't matter in Eurovision.

She clearly has a team behind her, if she'd be completely "unknown" (as you claim) or unprofitable they would give up on her already, so I don't really buy that.

I'm obviously not fluent in Ukrainian, but I still think her material is better than most Pop acts in Ukraine so xshrug

Elina UA

What scandal? Anyways, like I said before, any local scandal or if locals like or dislike an artist wouldn't matter in Eurovision.
How can you forget infamous scandal when Danylko wanted to listen to Tayanna's phonogram, her manager shouted, "Shame on you!" and then Danylko answered, "Go to c*nt!"? :lol:
I doubt it affected her voting very much, but her haters were delighted and felt they were proven right. :lol: Since she's going nowhere it's the only thing that matters.

She clearly has a team behind her, if she'd be completely "unknown" (as you claim) or unprofitable they would give up on her already, so I don't really buy that.
I've heard The Unsleeping for the first time only today and they have the same amount of comments on YT as Tayanna with her PR mashine. She's not completely unknown, but she hasn't reached the level of alyona alyona, Alina Pash, KAZKA yet. Where's the hype? xcoffee

I'm obviously not fluent in Ukrainian, but I still think her material is better than most Pop acts in Ukraine so xshrug
The halo effect of exotic language and exotic culture: xbowxcrazy x12points

A-lister

Veteran
How can you forget infamous scandal when Danylko wanted to listen to Tayanna's phonogram, her manager shouted, "Shame on you!" and then Danylko answered, "Go to c*nt!"? :lol:
I doubt it affected her voting very much, but her haters were delighted and felt they were proven right. :lol: Since she's going nowhere it's the only thing that matters.
Danylko is pretty primitive, anyways again it's a local "scandal" that I think just a few that watched it even remember, hardly something that would mean anything in Eurovision.
I've heard The Unsleeping for the first time only today and they have the same amount of comments on YT as Tayanna with her PR mashine. She's not completely unknown, but she hasn't reached the level of alyona alyona, Alina Pash, KAZKA yet. Where's the hype? xcoffee
I didn't say she's as popular as alyona alyona or KAZKA, but to claim she's "unknown" is obviously not a fact either.
The halo effect of exotic language and exotic culture: xbowxcrazy x12points

Well, it's true I like listening to songs in different languages, and Ukrainian happen to be my favorite language ;)

Not 100% exotic though as I do understand some of it and have been to the country at times...

BorisBubbles

Veteran
It seems I'm late to the Tayanna love party but Lelja SLAPS. Epic soul anthem with integral and shameless coochie flashing
tumblr_inline_pd2x25fePX1uj0mew_400.gifv

The finale perf was weaker tho (for reasons mentioned in this thread), but still better than Melovin!!! As were these stoner-gods-turned-performance-kings:

WEEEEND
N FIYAH
GYDE
MEEEEEEH
tumblr_inline_pd2x5yv3EB1uj0mew_400.gifv

but do continue your discussion.

Elina UA

Danylko is pretty primitive, anyways again it's a local "scandal" that I think just a few that watched it even remember, hardly something that would mean anything in Eurovision.

I didn't say she's as popular as alyona alyona or KAZKA, but to claim she's "unknown" is obviously not a fact either.
So, we're right back where we started. Her fan base is tiny and if these popular artists don't fail with the vocals, she loses again. :lol:

Well, it's true I like listening to songs in different languages, and Ukrainian happen to be my favorite language ;)
Mine too. :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
So, we're right back where we started. Her fan base is tiny and if these popular artists don't fail with the vocals, she loses again. :lol:

She's a much stronger vocalist than these "popular" acts though, again Kazka would be killed in Eurovision even with a good song (I like them more than Tayanna but again the main singer isn't a good live singer and we can agree on that).

Alyona Alyona would probably be killed for the simple fact that she isn't a singer to begin with...

And we already saw what happened to local tween/teen girls' favs

So if nothing better comes her way, Tayanna all the way!

Top Bottom