• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Стефанія мамо мамо Стефанія
Розквітає поле, а вона сивіє
Заспівай мені мамо колискову
Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово

Вона мене колисала дала мені ритм і напевне силу волі не забрати в мене, бо дала вона
Напевне знала може більше і від Соломона
Ламаними дорогами прийду я завжди до тебе
Вона не розбудить, не будить, мене в сильні бурі
Забере в бабулі дві дулі, ніби вони кулі
Дуже добре знала мене не була обманута, як була дуже втомлена, гойдала мене в такт
Люлі люлі люлі...

Я не в пеленах но ма но ма, хватить, як би я не виріс на виріст за речі платить
Я не мала дитина, вона далі нерви тратить, я гуляв, шляк би тебе трафив
Ти все молода о мамо на піку, якщо не ціню опіку на піку слави мені в тупику
Забивайте піку цю піку, я би попік спік, своєю любов'ю
Люлі люлі люлі...

Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово​

Last edited by a moderator:

PolarFoxxie.

Like I said non winning Eurovision song and winning Eurovision song have same amount of YouTube views. Talking about grand final ofc, not spots and other adjacent videos. When did that ever happen? I don't remember. It seems others don't remember it as well and those numbers will only go higher and higher for Spain not only because it's summer hit but because it has quality of long term evergreen and she didn't even needed to win to have it. It tells me a lot tbh.

I am sorry @Bmbriga you are maybe new to Eurovision world but euro fans make comparisons, statistics, top lists literally all the time, bookies, even when only 3 songs are known, there is already top 3, Eurovision encyclopedia.... So yeah, Im glad you now understand.

Last edited:

Bmbriga

Like I said non winning Eurovision song and winning Eurovision song have same amount of YouTube views.
Lol. That's not what you said at all.
Everybody can read. You used the word surpassed, not once, but twice. After that you insinuated that the number of views looks the same, because I can't see whole numbers.
Stop gaslighting. It's ridiculous.😂
I'm done talking to you, because this is the most ridiculous attempt at backpedaling I ever saw.

Last edited:

PolarFoxxie.

You used the word surpassed, not once, but twice. 😂
I'm done talking to you, because this is the most ridiculous attempt at backpedaling I ever saw.
I found new contradictions in your posts. This time 2 contradictions in your posts. Well if I said surpassed not once but twice and even said number's for esp song will only go higher because of the reasons I've explained in previous post then that's not called backpedaling. Quite the contrary from backpedaling, it's actually doubling down on what I've said.

Second contradiction is you said you don't wanna reply on my posts but yet you quote me every single time. I wish you would just ignore me, but I get every single time notifications that you quoted me. I watch Eurovision since gazillion years so I know a thing or two about ESC. Let's hope she won't quote me.

Lol. That's not what you said at all.
Everybody can read. You used the word surpassed, not once, but twice. After that you insinuated that the number of views looks the same, because I can't see whole numbers.
Stop gaslighting. It's ridiculous.😂

Can't win a discussion with a troll. Nobody can.

Because a troll doesn't discus facts. His intention is to curb reality into distorted view.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Alina Pash just released a music video for "Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors" and it´s quite different regarding the song´s lyrics.
The first verse is fully in English:

Trembitas are crying for my land That for centuries We needed to defend And our deepest roots called for our names And Mother Kyivan Rus' screamed for our faith We cannot forget those who been building our home We cannot forgive those who came here just to destroy They’re trying to delete our language and our culture code But in Ukraine live people with the bravest souls

hijirio

Veteran
Well, this one aged like milk outside the fridge 💀

I was expecting more commercial success from a song that broke the record for televote score
Nobody will remember this song existed in 10 years, it will share the fate of Running Scared.

shameless

I was expecting more commercial success from a song that broke the record for televote score
Nobody will remember this song existed in 10 years, it will share the fate of Running Scared.
Well lets say that was already clear before the final was held. However I think it will still be remembered and played because it became an anthem for the resistance in the Ukraine.

A-lister

Veteran

We get it, you don't like it...

The same can be said about most Eurovision winners, and the vast majority of all Eurovision entries period xshrug

A-lister

Veteran
Alina Pash just released a music video for "Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors" and it´s quite different regarding the song´s lyrics.
The first verse is fully in English:

I never liked the English in the first place, so to have even more of it doesn't help the song. It just doesn't fit here.

I much prefer the full-Ukrainian version she released recently as well, I was hoping she could have released a video for that too:

A-lister

Veteran
Well lets say that was already clear before the final was held. However I think it will still be remembered and played because it became an anthem for the resistance in the Ukraine.

Some are against that resistance and will trash the song in here for other reasons than not liking it musically... oh well.

I can get that the song is not for everybody's taste, but some of these politicized mockery comments are already old... ZZZ

Let's assume this entry only won due to "sympathy votes" (which is a quite funny statement considering how weak the competition was but oh well), I'd rather have that over some of the bought victories we got in the past...

ESC94

Let me say it this way: I think this would´ve done very well even in a "normal" year without this terrible invasion. But I don´t think it would´ve gotten more than 400+ points in the televote.

The song itself was ok, I gave :6: and still stand behind it, but I´ve never listened to it again after the final and don´t plan to do so because I liked other songs this year much more as well as other winning titles in the past. xshrug

A-lister

Veteran
Let me say it this way: I think this would´ve done very well even in a "normal" year without this terrible invasion. But I don´t think it would´ve gotten more than 400+ points in the televote.

The song itself was ok, I gave :6: and still stand behind it, but I´ve never listened to it again after the final and don´t plan to do so because I liked other songs this year much more as well as other winning titles in the past. xshrug

Fair statement, I do agree that it probably had an inflation in televotes, I still stand by that it was the best overall package however.

I can't really find another entry from 2022 that had a stronger overall package. Spain? I think they had the best staging, but the song wasn't really that good in its genre (definitely not near Fuego levels). UK? Ok song, overhyped by juries though. Serbia? A package that worked for the song, and the song has "something" but was more of a theatrical piece. Moldova? I enjoyed it, but for sure overhyped by televoters. Italy? Meh.

Point is, I can still see Ukraine winning without the war, but not with such massive points though.

In the end of the day however, Armenia, an entry that ended up in the bottom 10 in the final, became the biggest cross-over hit from the contest... so if we should only look at commercial success and streams, that one should have won the contest :lol:

ESC94

Fair statement, I do agree that it probably had an inflation in televotes, I still stand by that it was the best overall package however.

I can't really find another entry from 2022 that had a stronger package. Spain? I think they had the best staging, but the song wasn't really that good in its genre (definitely not near Fuego levels). UK? Ok song, overhyped by juries though. Serbia? A package that worked for the song, and the song has "something" but was more of a theatrical piece. Moldova? I enjoyed it, but for sure overhyped by televoters. Italy? Meh.

Point is, I can still see Ukraine winning, but not with such massive points though.

Well, tastes differ of course but I liked for example :ee:, :pl:, and :nl: more because they´re closer to the type of music I like. Of course you can argue that some performances weren´t completely on point, but when I just listen to the songs alone I ilke them more than "Stefania". xshrug

And finally someone who also thinks that :md: was terribly overrated this year. The long ballad streak before and the fact that :ru: was disqualified helped them a lot, but the song itself was just three minutes of repetitive nothing for me.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Well, tastes differ of course but I liked for example :ee:, :pl:, and :nl: more because they´re closer to the type of music I like. Of course you can argue that some perfromances weren´t completely on point, but when I just listen to the songs alone I ilke them more than "Stefania". xshrug
I liked all of these too, :pl: the least but still ok, :nl: was my overall #2 and :ee: was in my top. 10. I just meant that with Eurovision, it's about selling a full package in 3 minutes. Every year we see good songs with bad stagings or not very good songs with good stagings, it's about to somehow manage to combine the two. On top of that it is important to stand out as well. I personally like Stefania as a song, but that's of course just personal taste, I like the smart combination of modern and ethnic and full use of native language, and it was something unlike what we have heard in Eurovision before really.
And finally someone who also thinks that :md: was terribly overrated this year. The long ballad streak before and the fact that :ru: was disqualified helped them a lot, but the song itself was just three minutes of repetitive nothing for me.
:md: was fun, the only entry by this group I liked in Eurovision, but again it's the ethno part that gets me going, I can see why people were enjoyed by it but I do agree that it was overrated by the televoters, but in a final with mostly boring songs, it was one of the few that added some energy too it.

ESC94

I liked all of these too, :pl: the least but still ok, :nl: was my overall #2 and :ee: was in my top. 10. I just meant that with Eurovision, it's about selling a full package in 3 minutes. Every year we see good songs with bad stagings or not very good songs with good stagings, it's about to somehow manage to combine the two. On top of that it is important to stand out as well. I personally like Stefania as a song, but that's of course just personal taste, I like the smart combination of modern and ethnic and full use of native language, and it was something unlike what we have heard in Eurovision before really.

:md: was fun, the only entry by this group I liked in Eurovision, but again it's the ethno part that gets me going, I can see why people were enjoyed by it but I do agree that it was overrated by the televoters, but in a final with mostly boring songs, it was one of the few that added some energy too it.

I know what you mean and can understand why some of these songs have underperformed the expectations, but based on the SONGS ALONE I still enjoy these countries more than :ua:.

A-lister

Veteran
I know what you mean and can understand why some of these songs have underperformed the expectations, but based on the SONGS ALONE I still enjoy these countries more than :ua:.

I hear you, I am not trying to convince you to change your mind :lol: music taste is personal in the end of the day.

I was merely pointing out why I think it would have won even without the war, I talked about the overall package (not the song alone, which I know is not to everyone's liking and that's fair enough).

It's just a bit tiring with these comments over and over again dissing the song, not based on what they think about the song itself, but rather because of political reasons (you are NOT one of those people so understand me correct here). Like let's be honest, most Eurovision winners, or entries for that matter, never become hits outside of the contest. Some have truly becoming classics, but it's still difficult even in this day and age with streams and social media for Eurovision songs to truly cross-over.

Måneskin is probably the biggest success Eurovision managed to produce in, I would argue, decades. Kalush won't be, and it's completely fine too. But that doesn't mean that it didn't have what it took to win its edition.

hijirio

Veteran
We get it, you don't like it...

The same can be said about most Eurovision winners, and the vast majority of all Eurovision entries period xshrug
And we get it, you like it. It's your favorite, so neither of us can be unbiased I gas.

Looking at all recent winners, regardless of my liking for them, they all had some international recognition after the show: Toy, Zitti e Buoni, Arcade etc. However, Stefania will never have the same success despite the televoting record.

ESC94

I hear you, I am not trying to convince you to change your mind :lol: music taste is personal in the end of the day.

I was merely pointing out why I think it would have won even without the war, I talked about the overall package (not the song alone, which I know is not to everyone's liking and that's fair enough).

It's just a bit tiring with these comments over and over again dissing the song, not based on what they think about the song itself, but rather because of political reasons (you are NOT one of those people so understand me correct here). Like let's be honest, most Eurovision winners, or entries for that matter, never become hits outside of the contest. Some have truly becoming classics, but it's still difficult even in this day and age with streams and social media for Eurovision songs to truly cross-over.

Måneskin is probably the biggest success Eurovision managed to produce in, I would argue, decades. Kalush won't be, and it's completely fine too. But that doesn't mean that it didn't have what it took to win its edition.

For me the contest is also about discovering new artists which I might have never heard about otherwise, I really like for example Ochmans songs in Polish and think they´re even better than "River. xmusic

A-lister

Veteran
And we get it, you like it. It's your favorite, so neither of us can be unbiased I gas.
True, but you mostly focus on that you think the song won on politics.

Looking at all recent winners, regardless of my liking for them, they all had some international recognition after the show: Toy, Zitti e Buoni, Arcade etc. However, Stefania will never have the same success despite the televoting record.

Yes, the three recent winners, which in a bigger perspective is more an exception than a rule when it comes to Eurovision. But as I also pointed out, if commercial success is the only factor, then with what we know now in hindsight, Armenia should have won and they weren't even remotely considered a top candidate.

A-lister

Veteran
For me the contest is also about discovering new artists which I might have never heard about otherwise, I really like for example Ochmans songs in Polish and think they´re even better than "River. xmusic

Oh they're much better! (I am still disappointed they didn't choose one of them, oh well)...

Top Bottom