• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Стефанія мамо мамо Стефанія
Розквітає поле, а вона сивіє
Заспівай мені мамо колискову
Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово

Вона мене колисала дала мені ритм і напевне силу волі не забрати в мене, бо дала вона
Напевне знала може більше і від Соломона
Ламаними дорогами прийду я завжди до тебе
Вона не розбудить, не будить, мене в сильні бурі
Забере в бабулі дві дулі, ніби вони кулі
Дуже добре знала мене не була обманута, як була дуже втомлена, гойдала мене в такт
Люлі люлі люлі...

Я не в пеленах но ма но ма, хватить, як би я не виріс на виріст за речі платить
Я не мала дитина, вона далі нерви тратить, я гуляв, шляк би тебе трафив
Ти все молода о мамо на піку, якщо не ціню опіку на піку слави мені в тупику
Забивайте піку цю піку, я би попік спік, своєю любов'ю
Люлі люлі люлі...

Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово​

Last edited by a moderator:

Bmbriga

People being salty, but in the end majority of countries, including big 5, all gave 12 points in televote to Ukraine, so cope harder.
More than anything Ukraine won by a HUGE televote result (almost the same as a runner-up points combined) and the people of UK, Spain, or whoever they think "the real winner" should be, all gave Ukraine 12 points, although they knew they are a favourite to win and that their countries rank high, too.
So, they weren't calculating and didn't give a fuck about their country coming second. They voted for Ukraine, because they wanted Ukraine to win.
They picked up their phone and called, which means the majority of people was more than happy with them winning, so haters are free to go complain to the water department...

Ausesken

Salty Spaniards fighting over 2nd place yes.
Brits are so happy for Ukraine. Not seen one bad comment.
This is not to justify any kind of insult, but if we're here to compare :es: and :uk:, let's make a full comparison:

The UK has won Eurovision 5 times (the last one in 1997) vs Spain has won 2 times (the last one in 1969)
The UK has had 16 second places in Eurovision with Sam Ryder vs Spain has had 4 second places (the last one in 1995)
The UK has had 3 third places (the last one, in 2002) vs Spain has had 2 third places with Chanel.

One year we send a song with winning vibes, the gold is given for extra-musical reasons. Can you understand we have to deal with a bigger frustration than you? I hope so.

MopManMoss

Veteran
This is not to justify any kind of insult, but if we're here to compare :es: and :uk:, let's make a full comparison:

The UK has won Eurovision 5 times (the last one in 1997) vs Spain has won 2 times (the last one in 1969)
The UK has had 16 second places in Eurovision with Sam Ryder vs Spain has had 4 second places (the last one in 1995)
The UK has had 3 third places (the last one, in 2002) vs Spain has had 2 third places with Chanel.

One year we send a song with winning vibes, the gold is given for extra-musical reasons. Can you understand we have to deal with a bigger frustration than you? I hope so.
Your second ever third and best placing in a quarter of a century and you're still moaning? Why

Bmbriga

Well, that doesn't mean anything. I voted for Ukraine, if Ukraine couldn't compete, my votes still wouldn't go to Spain. I'm sure I'm not the only one like that. So, there's no reason to be salty, because you can't know in which direction those 400+ points would go.

Ausesken

Well, that doesn't mean anything. I voted for Ukraine, if Ukraine couldn't compete, my votes still wouldn't go to Spain. I'm sure I'm not the only one like that. So, there's no reason to be salty, because you can't know in which direction those 400+ points would go.
I agree, I'm not saying Spain would have won. But I find it unfair to compare the reaction of the Spaniards with the reaction of the brits, as none of you know how much we've been longing for a win in Eurovision. More than 50 years. When it gets so close, it's really exciting but at the same time it's very frustrating.
Whoever hasn't felt this frustration when you're so close to your dream, you're not a human being.

HarryUK

Let's not compare our ESC trauma's here. Fact of the matter here is Ukraine won, UK came 2nd and Spain 3rd. For our 2 countries to finish in the top 3 is an absolutely amazing feat & shows that we can both excel when we send credible entries. It's something to build on.

Ausesken

Let's not compare our ESC trauma's here. Fact of the matter here is Ukraine won, UK came 2nd and Spain 3rd. For our 2 countries to finish in the top 3 is an absolutely amazing feat & shows that we can both excel when we send credible entries. It's something to build on.
Behind toxic behaviours there are traumas, and it is very clear in the case of many Spanish eurofans. I thought it was fair taking this into account when you're basically saying british eurofans are angels while spanish eurofans are evils. Apart from this, of course I agree this edition has been very special because both Spain and UK have seen we can do it well!

Edit: I'd like to make it clear that I despise those comments against Ukraine

HarryUK

Behind toxic behaviours there are traumas, and it is very clear in the case of many Spanish eurofans. I thought it was fair taking this into account when you're basically saying british eurofans are angels while spanish eurofans are evils. Apart from this, of course I agree this edition has been very special because both Spain and UK have seen we can do it well!
I never said British fans are angels and Spanish are evil - just seems that the Spanish ones aren't just upset, but also angry. It's OK to be upset, but why angry? You can't change the fact you didn't win... You can only build from that.

Ausesken

I never said British fans are angels and Spanish are evil - just seems that the Spanish ones aren't just upset, but also angry. It's OK to be upset, but why angry? You can't change the fact you didn't win... You can only build from that.
They are angry because they truly believe that without the intromission of politics, Spain would have finally won after 53 years (they have seen the voting figures without Ukraine and voilà! they think it's the proof that without the war we'd have won), and instead of focusing on this amazing 3rd place we've got, they focus on what could have happened and did not happen.

HarryUK

They are angry because they truly believe that without the intromission of politics, Spain would have finally won after 53 years (they have seen the voting figures without Ukraine and voilà! they think it's the proof that without the war we'd have won), and instead of focusing on this amazing 3rd place we've got, they focus on what could have happened and did not happen.
Idk but I prefer the idea of unity in Europe against the Nazi's in the Kremlin over my own country winning, who were the runner ups.

Ausesken

Idk but I prefer the idea of unity in Europe against the Nazi's in the Kremlin over my own country winning, who were the runner ups.
I disagree here, because once you let Eurovision be used to send political messages, perhaps there's no way to disassociate the contest from the political context of the year. Unity? Absolutely yes: let everybody take part, share their music, their values, let other people know your culture, your language, etc. Giving a victory in a music contest because you think this somehow hurts Putin? Apart from useless, it's very naive and distorts the purpose of the contest. It's been fair only because this was the will of the people, but this should NOT set a precedent, and this is what worries me the most.

HarryUK

I disagree here, because once you let Eurovision be used to send political messages, perhaps there's no way to disassociate the contest from the political context of the year. Unity? Absolutely yes: let everybody take part, share their music, their values, let other people know your culture, your language, etc. Giving a victory in a music contest because you think this somehow hurts Putin? Apart from useless, it's very naive and distorts the purpose of the contest. It's been fair only because this was the will of the people, but this should NOT set a precedent, and this is what worries me the most.
Some things are bigger than Eurovision. I love the idea of Ukraine winning, as it represents the whole concept of Eurovision at its creation - bringing together a war-torn Europe. If one of us faces threat, persecution or attack on our continent, we should all stand up and do what's right. Whilst it won't hurt Putin in the pocket or physically, it will certainly reinforce the message that Ukraine as a nation are very much loved and respected - more than Putin's puppet state will ever be.

I don't normally agree with 'political' voting, but this year I make an exception.

Ausesken

Some things are bigger than Eurovision. I love the idea of Ukraine winning, as it represents the whole concept of Eurovision at its creation - bringing together a war-torn Europe. If one of us faces threat, persecution or attack on our continent, we should all stand up and do what's right. Whilst it won't hurt Putin in the pocket or physically, it will certainly reinforce the message that Ukraine as a nation are very much loved and respected - more than Putin's puppet state will ever be.

I don't normally agree with 'political' voting, but this year I make an exception.
I get your point, but I prefer keeping Eurovision purely as a music contest while we let Ukraine in the EU immediately. I know symbolic gestures are also important, but symbolic gestures with limited real actions? To me it sounds like 'hey, we're leaving you alone, but know that I'm rooting for you'. Mmm... ok.

HarryUK

I get your point, but I prefer keeping Eurovision purely as a music contest while we let Ukraine in the EU immediately. I know symbolic gestures are also important, but symbolic gestures with limited real actions? To me it sounds like 'hey, we're leaving you alone, but know that I'm rooting for you'. Mmm... ok.
Whilst politicians (apart from a select few) seem to be doing nothing - we, the people, can and have done. I'd love Ukraine to be given faster then fast track EU membership, but we know there's bureaucracy there.

Top Bottom