• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Стефанія мамо мамо Стефанія
Розквітає поле, а вона сивіє
Заспівай мені мамо колискову
Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово

Вона мене колисала дала мені ритм і напевне силу волі не забрати в мене, бо дала вона
Напевне знала може більше і від Соломона
Ламаними дорогами прийду я завжди до тебе
Вона не розбудить, не будить, мене в сильні бурі
Забере в бабулі дві дулі, ніби вони кулі
Дуже добре знала мене не була обманута, як була дуже втомлена, гойдала мене в такт
Люлі люлі люлі...

Я не в пеленах но ма но ма, хватить, як би я не виріс на виріст за речі платить
Я не мала дитина, вона далі нерви тратить, я гуляв, шляк би тебе трафив
Ти все молода о мамо на піку, якщо не ціню опіку на піку слави мені в тупику
Забивайте піку цю піку, я би попік спік, своєю любов'ю
Люлі люлі люлі...

Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово​

Last edited by a moderator:

nick_idk

Shum received almost half of its views from Ukraine & Russia (I will do a breakdown by country again this year). We can count 1 million out in the current circumstances.
Great point. I see people online comparing Stefania views to Shum views saying that since Shum had more views last year that Stefania probably did worse in the semi and can't win. But in reality i don't think it's so simple...

Fierro

Let's start with the fact that this year has barely any winning song contender compared to the last one. So comparing Stefania to Shum is already not really correct in this situation.

I think that under normal circumstances we still would place very high by audience. Won't deny that war will add sympathy votes. As for the juries, some will actively support us, and some no matter what will try to screw us as it happened in past.

AlekS

Veteran
According to Spotify charts (May 11 - main chart, not viral one) we had such positions among Eurovision songs (excluding local entries and Cyprus for Greece):

1st place:
Austria, Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland

2nd:
Belgium, Iceland, Sweden (almost equal with Subwoolfer)

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
I wouldn't rely on odds, and even charts (Tho I'm happy :) Even in April I didn't expect them to chart so well).

JamieBrown

Now that I've seen every staging and heard every song I think that Ukraine is spot on to win it. Clearest staging to promote the song. It is surely a song that has enough parts to attract a viewer and the staging is the clearest from all participants.

The main focus is about Ihor and Oleh but the others get their moments and I think it's a good balance between standing straight and breaking this strictness.

WhoKnows

According to Spotify charts (May 11 - main chart, not viral one) we had such positions among Eurovision songs (excluding local entries):

1st place:
Austria, Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland

2nd:
Belgium, Iceland, Sweden (almost equal with Subwoolfer)

That can't be. I thought the only reason it's winning is because of "politics." Nobody actually likes the song.

AlekS

Veteran
1wJZwpg.jpg

When you post a bad guy (in a "C-nt" cap and a t-shirt) pics to your Russian followers on Insta and then live a double life as our secret delegation member :LOL:
j/k.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Now that I've seen every staging and heard every song I think that Ukraine is spot on to win it. Clearest staging to promote the song. It is surely a song that has enough parts to attract a viewer and the staging is the clearest from all participants.

The main focus is about Ihor and Oleh but the others get their moments and I think it's a good balance between standing straight and breaking this strictness.

Agree 100proc, I feel like Ukraine is the only country this year which brings a full package where song + staging + styling + performance all fit together and is delivered well, where's others are kind of all over the place.

This plus that the song still remains one of the few that actually brings something different to the table and lives up to the concept of Eurovision wheres many others are anonymous entries that could be sent by any country without much character or identity.

Haters and ruZZian trolls can continue scream their lungs out that "this will only win due to the war and politics", and while it might draw more attention to Ukraine, I think this is a winnable package with or without the war. This is a really weak year and this really stands out and it's actually that simple of equation.

Ianp16

It would have been interesting to see Ukraine placed in position 1-3, just to see if they can win from that spot. It's not been won from the first 3 songs for decades.

Courtzer

When I try to think of who would win if the invasion never happened I keep coming back to Ukraine because I don't think any other country has brought the full package this year. The best songs haven't had the best live performances and the best lives don't have the best songs.

HayashiM

Veteran
It would have been interesting to see Ukraine placed in position 1-3, just to see if they can win from that spot. It's not been won from the first 3 songs for decades.
It certainly would have. Not that the eventual victory could have changed anything about the haters still bitching "see? They won from a death slot! That could have never happened without the war!".

Deleted member 12761

I'm going to be honest, I don't want them to win. People here can say whatever they want, of course the political situation plays a role here. No, they're definitely not the best song or performance this year and in a normal year they wouldn't be this far ahead of the other countries. But it doesn't matter anymore. They're going to win tomorrow and that's it. The GP already thinks it's all about politics and tomorrow they will get the prove that it is indeed about politics and not always about the best song/performance. I just hope they don't make next year all about Ukraine and it's just a normal show.

Chorizo

I'm going to be honest, I don't want them to win. People here can say whatever they want, of course the political situation plays a role here. No, they're definitely not the best song or performance this year and in a normal year they wouldn't be this far ahead of the other countries. But it doesn't matter anymore. They're going to win tomorrow and that's it. The GP already thinks it's all about politics and tomorrow they will get the prove that it is indeed about politics and not always about the best song/performance. I just hope they don't make next year all about Ukraine and it's just a normal show.
They are the big favorite because of the war, but their performance is also among the most interesting ones this year, so Ukraine would be a fine winner. Even without the war, they would draw attention due to their musical style and staging.

midnightsun

Veteran
It's not been won from the first 3 songs for decades.

Self fulfilling prophecy. Since the year the producer is responsible for the running order they don’t put favourites to win in "unlucky spots" (though I don’t think there isn’t such but well…)

Dessi

They are the big favorite because of the war, but their performance is also among the most interesting ones this year, so Ukraine would be a fine winner. Even without the war, they would draw attention due to their musical style and staging.

I really like how you answered this... No hate, no accusation.... just a plain and simple explanation.
My hat off for you! Respect! xrose

theditz83

Veteran
They might and might not win. There is however no doubt that Alina Pash would have.
Not in my opinion. Stefania is a far better entry. Music is subjective remember - not everyone loves the same things so nothing is ever guaranteed xup

Ukraine will perform very well, but for the sake of an interesting voting phase I hope that it isn't a complete runaway from start to finish.

Last edited:
Top Bottom