• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Стефанія мамо мамо Стефанія
Розквітає поле, а вона сивіє
Заспівай мені мамо колискову
Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово

Вона мене колисала дала мені ритм і напевне силу волі не забрати в мене, бо дала вона
Напевне знала може більше і від Соломона
Ламаними дорогами прийду я завжди до тебе
Вона не розбудить, не будить, мене в сильні бурі
Забере в бабулі дві дулі, ніби вони кулі
Дуже добре знала мене не була обманута, як була дуже втомлена, гойдала мене в такт
Люлі люлі люлі...

Я не в пеленах но ма но ма, хватить, як би я не виріс на виріст за речі платить
Я не мала дитина, вона далі нерви тратить, я гуляв, шляк би тебе трафив
Ти все молода о мамо на піку, якщо не ціню опіку на піку слави мені в тупику
Забивайте піку цю піку, я би попік спік, своєю любов'ю
Люлі люлі люлі...

Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово​

Last edited by a moderator:

AlekS

Veteran
Not a fan of the new outfits tbh, especially the vocalist/flute guy had the best outfit of them all at the Vidbir performance and they changed to these, ehm, trashed drapes? xshrug You can't even see his face any longer (and that's unfortunate considering he is a handsome dude). Bad choice!
They wore 2 outfits at the postcard filming, the new band member's outfit is the same with Vidbir.
Not sure what you mean about his face, you can still see him.

Chorizo

The new outfits look like this:

Marjorie_trash_heap_fraggle_rock_costume_Dragon_Con2010.jpg

That's Marjorie, the all-knowing, all-seeing Trash Heap from the Fraggles.

Unbenannt-1_marjorie_1441789275377970_v0_h.jpg

HarryUK

I was gutted when Alina was replaced. Her song made me cry, and was in my top 3 for the year. Kalush Orchestra however are really good, I love the live performance of the song so much. It's currently 11th in my ranking, but I can see it creeping into my top 10!

Slava Ukraini :ua: xheart

AlekS

Veteran
:nl: April 9 - Amsterdam, Eurovision in Concert.

They will give a few interviews to Dutch media before the concert.

theditz83

Veteran
Kalush Orchestra has just had a feature on BBC News in :uk: - quite a nice feature with soundbites from the group but of course it ended with a typical BBC line "and with politics always playing a part in Eurovision votes, Ukraine is already the favourite to win this year's contest" 😒

I hate our national broadcaster with a passion, I really do 🙈

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Kalush Orchestra has just had a feature on BBC News in :uk: - quite a nice feature with soundbites from the group but of course it ended with a typical BBC line "and with politics always playing a part in Eurovision votes, Ukraine is already the favourite to win this year's contest" 😒

Wow. What a low move and utterly disgraceful comment to make - given the current "circumstances".

IF people vote for Ukraine because of sympathy this year, it won´t be "because of politics", btw.
It´s just humanity, empathy and unity.

That said, we´ve discussed it several times in this thread and beyond:
Dear BBC, start submitting great entries instead of ridiculous, utterly horrendous crap or generic mess and you will get shitloads of points like any other country in Eurovision.
Dear press and bitter Eurovision fans, Ukraine has been one of the favourites in the betting odds before the war and "Stefania" has been a fan favourite in Vidbir as well.

Stop being idiots, thanks.

MopManMoss

Veteran

I hate the BBC and have Kalush in my top ten but its undeniable that the Russian invasion is obviously going to inflate their televote count

Dear press and bitter Eurovision fans, Ukraine has been one of the favourites in the betting odds before the war and "Stefania" has been a fan favourite in Vidbir as well.

Surely wouldnt have been the clear leader of the betting market without the war.
The money being placed on Ukraine was because of Alina Pash. When the drama about her papers started, people sold their positions on Ukraine and when it was clear she wont compete, Ukraine drifted to odds of 30+ on the markets.
You won't see this huge shift in bookies because they are only dynamic when it comes to shortening but rather static when odds lengthen (especially in this early stage).
So even after Kalush Orchestra was confirmed to be the new ukrainian representative, their odds stayed rather high (it was somewhere around 28 the evening before the invasion).

You can reread some of this in the following article which was published on February 24th.. the first day of the invasion:

Some quotes for anyone not wanting to read everything:
Ukraine was hammered down to 5.1 on the back of Alina Pash winning Vidbir. She has since had to withdraw and runner-up Kalush Orchestra have taken her place.
World politics as of now, and the Russian invasion of Ukraine, is generating renewed interest in Ukraine, matched earlier today at 8. While in the past it has tended to be the way that any political backdrop aiding or hindering a nation’s vote at ESC has been over-estimated, backers will be hopeful of huge pro-Ukraine sentiment feeding into this year’s Contest.

People wont like to hear it, but the war is the main reason Ukraine got matched down to 2.02 (which is absolutely bonkers by the way.. no idea which idiot burns his money at such low odds).
My guess is Ukraine would have stayed at 4th position without the war until probably the results of eurojury.

Kalush are in Israel today performing for Ukrainian Jewish refugees.

Michael Ben who represents Israel this year at the ESC joined them as well as his mother is actually from Kyiv and his relatives also took refuge from RUS invasion in Israel.

Last edited:

StephenMuckle

I hate the BBC and have Kalush in my top ten but its undeniable that the Russian invasion is obviously going to inflate their televote count
It's almost like the BBC are subliminally telling people to vote Ukraine because of politics. They are planting it in people's minds.

Israel Calling performance. They have been absolutely TOP NOTCH AMAZING, lead vocal lines on refrain are finally on point, but sound less traditional. I liked them more when they sounded "crooked", but I guess this would satisfy now the standards of the "professional reviewers" we have had here. 🤣

Have they replaced traditional carpet that the lead singer wore on Vidbir with MILITARY CAMOUFLAGE NETS??? 😪😪❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤💛💙💛💙💛💙💛💙 Big Love!

Deleted member 12761

The performance at IC was okay. I like that we have rap in this contest and I hope we see more genre diversity in the future. It doesn't scream winner to me, tho.

Simon

Oh, I didn´t know that there´s a break after the 6th performance.
That´s great - I take back what I said about the producers messing up - I strongly believe that a short break after Ukraine is necessary given the current "circumstances".

And I agree with you and also have said it: If Ukraine wins, they can host it in a city which hasn´t been heavily affected by this invasion or they can co-host with another country (TVP would step in, for sure, I assume).

I admire your optimism, but there are huge logistical challenges in getting people and equipment in and out of Ukraine at present; even the relatively unscathed western half. Ukraine is 100% committed to the war effort right now and for the foreseeable future. Many countries likely have warnings or advisories against travelling to Ukraine, which can make insurance very expensive if not impossible to get.

The EBU simply cannot take the risk of staging the contest in Ukraine unless there’s a dramatic deescalation, withdrawal and peace treaty very, very quickly. I think we know Russia won’t do that. Having been excluded from Eurovision who knows, they could even make it a target for attack. You can’t rule out any sick, depraved criminal act when it comes to Russia it seems.

Hosting in another country is really the only option should they win. In response to the comment about having 7 automatic qualifiers though: no I don’t think that other country would or should automatically qualify in addition to last year’s winner.

Last edited:

Måneskin's song for Ukraine:

How are you sleeping at night
How do you close both of your eyes
Living with all of those lifes on your hands
Standing alone in that hell
Using your fuel to kill
We're not gonna stand still
Watch us dance
We're gonna dance on yo' gasoline

The song apparently calls for gas embargo as well.

I have never been prouder of those 20 votes I gave them. Bravi Måneskin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom