• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Стефанія мамо мамо Стефанія
Розквітає поле, а вона сивіє
Заспівай мені мамо колискову
Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово

Вона мене колисала дала мені ритм і напевне силу волі не забрати в мене, бо дала вона
Напевне знала може більше і від Соломона
Ламаними дорогами прийду я завжди до тебе
Вона не розбудить, не будить, мене в сильні бурі
Забере в бабулі дві дулі, ніби вони кулі
Дуже добре знала мене не була обманута, як була дуже втомлена, гойдала мене в такт
Люлі люлі люлі...

Я не в пеленах но ма но ма, хватить, як би я не виріс на виріст за речі платить
Я не мала дитина, вона далі нерви тратить, я гуляв, шляк би тебе трафив
Ти все молода о мамо на піку, якщо не ціню опіку на піку слави мені в тупику
Забивайте піку цю піку, я би попік спік, своєю любов'ю
Люлі люлі люлі...

Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово​

Last edited by a moderator:

nudiecrudi

At this point I wish Ukraine withdraws. It's always a mess with this story of Crimea. I know that it's a very deep question and problem for the Ukrainians and I don't want to enter into it but imagine if Ukraine wins and all this laws about entering in Crimea would be applied. Maybe esc partecipants have visited Crimea as private citizens and could be banned entering in Ukraine. I have had a similar problem years ago when I went to Cyprus. The border police stopped me because in my passport I had a stamp of North Turkish Cyprus.

FilipFromSweden

Not exactly, my logic is that the best entry should win xshrug

With your logic it won't even be a point for lesser established names to enter, or for artists that can't rely of minions of teen girls voting en masse because "oh they're sooo cute"... xshrug

It's always the case with juries that a few people have the same (or even more power: see Spanish selection), than the people. Ukraine is hardly unique here... Now whether that's a good or bad system can be argued, but Kalush entered on those terms and then when they didn't win they acted all out...
You know damn well that your logic falls flat. Flo Rida flopped. Cascada flopped. Swedish NF has had TONS of teen girl idols lose. Established names don't win NF's by auto. It's not really a wild concept to believe that the song with the most televotes should be represented when the jury consists of 3 people (vs Eurovision which has ca 400 jury members each year)

Sabiondo

As appeared, PBC has disqualified her at today's meeting.
Even though it wasn't she who sent them that document.

The Head of PBC called her a cheater yesterday, without any proof. PBC is biased and they didn't want her to take part.
I'm gonna ignore PBC until adequate people will appear there.
In first place they are C**ksuckers! They accepted her and didn't check her background and now they realize it? Don't f*ck.

I have no words..

akoz

Now I hope Ukraine won't withdraw. Even though I don't know what is indeed worse for us in this situation - participating or non-participating...
I don't see us withdraw because of 2 reasons:

1)People could cry above politics but in this case there almost zero of it - there was accusation of breaking laws of your country, broadcaster asks for document that would rejected these accusations but get a fake document, so they refuse to work with her/her team. There is literally a crime but not some kind of political things. Not like in 2019, where all drama started from that deputy Goncharenko.

2) This time there is a band who will easily take place of Alina at ESC. In 2019 Maruv was a clear winner so nobody wanted to replace her, but this year there are millions accusations of vote (jury and public) rigging.

If we withdraw, I see it as totally broadcaster decision to somehow save their asses(faces) after all of this.

A-lister

Veteran
You know damn well that your logic falls flat. Flo Rida flopped. Cascada flopped. Swedish NF has had TONS of teen girl idols lose. Established names don't win NF's by auto. It's not really a wild concept to believe that the song with the most televotes should be represented when the jury consists of 3 people (vs Eurovision which has ca 400 jury members each year)
Ehm?

If you read my previous post where I tried to explain the difference between juries in ESC and national ones, I even admitted that the few "established" names that entered ESC didn't do so good... Although not sure how "established" an American rapper that had like a couple of hits a decade ago in Europe and a Eurodance act whose biggest hit was a cover, also like a decade ago, could really be considered big established names in Europe.

If an act has a big fandom, of course it will effect the televoting results, it's just naive to think elsewise. Sweden's MF has massive televoting though, so we might be slightly "saved" by that fact (although it still has effect), where's from my understanding Vidbir don't have a big televoting number thus a group of stans voting could have an even bigger impact on the end result.

I still don't understand what you're trying to prove here though, Kalush knew the rules like everyone else xshrug

FilipFromSweden

Ehm?

If you read my previous post where I tried to explain the difference between juries in ESC and national ones, I even admitted that the few "established" names that entered ESC didn't do so good... Although not sure how "established" an American rapper that had like a couple of hits a decade ago in Europe and a Eurodance act whose biggest hit was a cover, also like a decade ago, could really be considered big established names in Europe.

If an act has a big fandom, of course it will effect the televoting results, it's just naive to think elsewise. Sweden's MF has massive televoting though, so we might be slightly "saved" by that fact (although it still has effect), where's from my understanding Vidbir don't have a big televoting number thus a group of stans voting could have an even bigger impact on the end result.

I still don't understand what you're trying to prove here though, Kalush knew the rules like everyone else xshrug

Kalush won the popular vote and you're trying to discredit that, saying just because they have fans the meaning of them being #1 is invalid. About 150-200k vote in Vidbir and 3 people deserve to have the same impact on the voting? You can't call Jamala a professional jury either because she's proven to be an unprofessional individual in her field

WhoKnows

At this point I wish Ukraine withdraws. It's always a mess with this story of Crimea. I know that it's a very deep question and problem for the Ukrainians and I don't want to enter into it but imagine if Ukraine wins and all this laws about entering in Crimea would be applied. Maybe esc partecipants have visited Crimea as private citizens and could be banned entering in Ukraine. I have had a similar problem years ago when I went to Cyprus. The border police stopped me because in my passport I had a stamp of North Turkish Cyprus.

Breaking Ukraine's Crimea law is like breaking any law of any country. It has consequences.

A-lister

Veteran
Kalush won the popular vote and you're trying to discredit that, saying just because they have fans the meaning of them being #1 is invalid. About 150-200k vote in Vidbir and 3 people deserve to have the same impact on the voting? You can't call Jamala a professional jury either because she's proven to be an unprofessional individual in her field
Nope, I am just saying that they entered a competition on the same terms as everyone else and aren't willing to accept the results.

It's one thing to be a sore loser, but they've given the term "sore loser" a complete different dimension, like we're in I...Tonya territory here.

I am not saying that all their votes were undeserved, but what I point out shouldn't be surprising that an act with a bigger fandom will get more televotes, and yes a jury might help to balance out things like hype, fan volume etc. to give a fairer shot to other contestants. I am all for the voice of the people, but still won't ignore various factors.

FilipFromSweden

Nope, I am just saying that they entered a competition on the same terms as everyone else and aren't willing to accept the results.

It's one thing to be a sore loser, but they've given the term "sore loser" a complete different dimension, like we're in I...Tonya territory here.

I am not saying that all their votes were undeserved, but what I point out shouldn't be surprising that an act with a bigger fandom will get more televotes, and yes a jury might help to balance out things like hype, fan volume etc. to give a fairer shot to other contestants. I am all for the voice of the people, but still won't ignore various factors.
I don't really care about their inappropriate behaviour because I want a show with as many good songs as possible in Turin, not 40 role models. Just because the rules were one way doesn't mean they should be or that they're morally acceptable. I'm going to assume with the way you're arguing that the Romanian NF in which the televote winner (of 20 acts) didn't even make it to the final was alright because ''those are the rules''

nudiecrudi

Breaking Ukraine's Crimea law is like breaking any law of any country. It has consequences.
I exactly understand what that means. But at this point Ukraine should not organize competitions because that kind of law could forbid to the contestants to take part because they have privately or publicly visited Crimea

WhoKnows

I exactly understand what that means. But at this point Ukraine should not organize competitions because that kind of law could forbid to the contestants to take part because they have privately or publicly visited Crimea

I don't think you do understand.

Murdering someone might keep someone from taking part in ESC, should all murder be legal?

tomos2019

It seems a bit weird that they just can't seem to work out in advance by now if someone's been to Crimea or not! Can we not just have another year with at least 43 definite participants?!

A-lister

Veteran
I don't really care about their inappropriate behaviour because I want a show with as many good songs as possible in Turin, not 40 role models. Just because the rules were one way doesn't mean they should be or that they're morally acceptable. I'm going to assume with the way you're arguing that the Romanian NF in which the televote winner (of 20 acts) didn't even make it to the final was alright because ''those are the rules''
I am not sure what you're trying to prove here though (other than Kalush being your personal fav)? xshrug

This jury just picked an entry that jumped into being one of the few winner candidates in this ESC season so far according to the bookmakers, but somehow they are "unprofessional"? I'm generally not a huge advocate for juries, but they clearly knew what they were doing (leaving personal taste aside).

Watch Ukraine drop in the odds if Kalush will be chosen in the end, that's all I'm saying, the juries in ESC will slaughter them.

akoz

- Is that possible that Ukraine will be represented by Kalush Orchestra?
-Yes, if organizing committee will make such decision. If first place was a cheater and got DQ, then second place becomes a winner.
Quote of head of broadcaster.

Top Bottom