• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Стефанія мамо мамо Стефанія
Розквітає поле, а вона сивіє
Заспівай мені мамо колискову
Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово

Вона мене колисала дала мені ритм і напевне силу волі не забрати в мене, бо дала вона
Напевне знала може більше і від Соломона
Ламаними дорогами прийду я завжди до тебе
Вона не розбудить, не будить, мене в сильні бурі
Забере в бабулі дві дулі, ніби вони кулі
Дуже добре знала мене не була обманута, як була дуже втомлена, гойдала мене в такт
Люлі люлі люлі...

Я не в пеленах но ма но ма, хватить, як би я не виріс на виріст за речі платить
Я не мала дитина, вона далі нерви тратить, я гуляв, шляк би тебе трафив
Ти все молода о мамо на піку, якщо не ціню опіку на піку слави мені в тупику
Забивайте піку цю піку, я би попік спік, своєю любов'ю
Люлі люлі люлі...

Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово​

Last edited by a moderator:

FilipFromSweden

omg Kalush was so much better

WhoKnows

These anti-Alina activists really need to learn to pick their battles. While I agreed with the Maruv (and Anna Maria) dragging, they both refused to accept the reality in the country and brazenly expressed their support for Russia. There is no question Alina is a pro-Ukraine patriot, even if with some possibly questionable actions in her past. But the situations are completely different. And trying to bring her down is just not a good look.

AlekS

Veteran
PBC has published the ratings:

2.5 million people watched Vidbir, including:
Youtube: 560k
Facebook: 100k
Site: 90k

A-lister

Veteran
Unpopular opinion but I actually prefer Wellboy's entry to Kalush's when all is said and done. In fact the songs are quite similar sonically, like two side's of the same coin where Wellboy is the more fun relaxed cousin from the country and Kalush is the more serious hipster from the city, so I actually agree with the juries top.3 here.

Also congrats to Alina Pash xcheer

Iker

Veteran
Oh how nice, I nominate Kalush Orchestra for the 'Nina Kraljić Sportmanship Of The Year Award' xup
Did I miss something? Lol. It surely wasn't THAT bad?

I remember Aly Ryan drama from Germany though but I can understand her, who would not be salty losing to fake-sisters singing a sucky song that was thrown into the NF in the last moment possible?

Last edited:

hpp0

It always upsets me when the decision of thousands of people who pay for their votes is overridden by few overpowered people. At least this particular jury was more qualified than others we've seen recently.

I've heard all sorts of rumours about the voting and imo if the channel wants to put an end and protect the artist the best thing they can do is have the detailed results verified and then release them to the public. IF (and I mean a big if cause I don't know how much base some accusations have) it turns out that the winner should be different then I honestly don't know what they should do. They shouldn't have messed up the results in first place, but I highly doubt that the second placer will accept participating it would be very awkward so maybe they should keep the winner regardless, but transparency is very important.

WhoKnows

Alina has recorded a live-on-tape video for Eurovision yesterday, right after Vidbir has ended (it's gonna be Vidbir performance) :)

Any info on whether they're planning the same/similar staging for Turin or something completely new?

mira_lumen

Also, did you already notice this?:
Dumas = France
Dante = Italy
Picasso = Spain
Grimm's Brothers = Germany
Shakespeare = UK

The Big Five :oops:

I may be overinterpreting it but here are some of my thoughts:
- the title of the song is also the title of a work by Ukrainian writer Mykhailo Kotsiubinsky. The novel (1911) is about two young people from the village in the Carpathian mountains of Ukraine, who fell in love despite their families sharing a bitter enmity (something like the Ukrainian version of Romeo and Juliet).
- It is also the title of the most important film in Ukrainian cinematography Shadows of the Forgotten Ancestors by Sergei Parazhanov. It was a rare example of a Ukrainian-language film. This film is one of the many examples of Ukrainians trying to show their culture and getting punished for it. (Parazhanov became a persona non grata and was even served some time in jail).
- the bird voices at the end and the begging may represent the Dove of Peace by Picasso. The image became a symbol of peace and hope during the Cold War.

aef

Leaving all the Alina-Kalush fuss beside, I still can't get over the fact that we don't get Kalush. This is so good for :ua: Eurovision standards (I mean this in a positive way). I had this more ore less on repeat today and I really hope that they will come back to Vidbir very soon!

Jonkonfui

I dont like this song at all. I suppose the message is "magnificent' but I had enough about messages at BeFest for a lifetime. However it is kind of intriguing that after mentioning authors and artists from Big5 countries she says "dont forget your ancestors but write your own history". As in leave us alone/dont interfere maybe? But who knows? A 4.

Steph777

In my top 2 for now with Spain
AWESOME live, she was not my favorite but she's captivating xheart
I'm just sad for the Roxolana jury score, don't deserved
And awesome national final for Ukraine, Alina, Roxolana, Wellboy & Kalush are 4 amazing entries

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
This year's Vidbir was a little underwhelming, I find it less original than usual. I liked Cloudless, Kalush and Michael Soul too, but Alina always seemed the natural winner for me. It is quite anthemic, I'm always ready for a rap part and I like her voice.
:10: for now and back to my #1 for the 3rd year in a row. Good job :ua:

Jonkonfui

I dont understand opinions: Just because Chanel sings and dances people cannot stop comparing her to Eleni Foureira. I have even read comparing the Lithuanian woman to Barbara Pravi but this Ucranian lady is Jamala with a red cloth on her head and no one notices the similarity.

Sammy

Veteran
I dont understand opinions: Just because Chanel sings and dances people cannot stop comparing her to Eleni Foureira. I have even read comparing the Lithuanian woman to Barbara Pravi but this Ucranian lady is Jamala with a red cloth on her head and no one notices the similarity.
Maybe because the song isn‘t as dramatic musically. But I know what you mean.

Top Bottom