• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Стефанія мамо мамо Стефанія
Розквітає поле, а вона сивіє
Заспівай мені мамо колискову
Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово

Вона мене колисала дала мені ритм і напевне силу волі не забрати в мене, бо дала вона
Напевне знала може більше і від Соломона
Ламаними дорогами прийду я завжди до тебе
Вона не розбудить, не будить, мене в сильні бурі
Забере в бабулі дві дулі, ніби вони кулі
Дуже добре знала мене не була обманута, як була дуже втомлена, гойдала мене в такт
Люлі люлі люлі...

Я не в пеленах но ма но ма, хватить, як би я не виріс на виріст за речі платить
Я не мала дитина, вона далі нерви тратить, я гуляв, шляк би тебе трафив
Ти все молода о мамо на піку, якщо не ціню опіку на піку слави мені в тупику
Забивайте піку цю піку, я би попік спік, своєю любов'ю
Люлі люлі люлі...

Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово​

Last edited by a moderator:

PolarFoxxie.

So Stephanie is the mother of pink hat guy. But why is flute man singing that song about mother of his colleague.

AlekS

Veteran
No word on TV ratings yet, but PBC bosses are very pleased.

+ more than 1.1 million people watched Eurovision in Diia app.

WhoKnows

Do y'all really care about some people complaining about Stefania winning? Why? Lol. Im pretty sure the Kalush boys don't. Let the haters seethe. Facts are facts. Stefania won ESC 2022. It smashed the televote record. It's doing amazingly well in the charts. All else is i.r.r.e.l.e.v.a.n.t.

Fierro

Do y'all really care about some people complaining about Stefania winning? Why? Lol. Im pretty sure the Kalush boys don't. Let the haters seethe. Facts are facts. Stefania won ESC 2022. It smashed the televote record. It's doing amazingly well in the charts. All else is i.r.r.e.l.e.v.a.n.t.
I'm pretty sure it would win televoting even without current political situation...Maybe with less points or as much as Moldova. People like original music - the aspect in which this Eurovision lacked.

The only other song that sounded like winner THAT night was :es:.

:uk: also deserved the win after so many fails so i feel a bit sad for them too

mup

I'm so saddened by the nasty, evil remarks on Ukraine's victory. :( As I already said, Ukraine was certainly favoured in televoting by the current situation, but I think Stefania follows the path of more "authentic" and less "fabricated" songs winning Eurovision that we have been watching in recent years, with its own personal style.
Besides is it that bad that European viewers decided to award something to a country that has lost almost everything with the war?

AlekS

Veteran
Unofficially, the song* has scored 2.3 million views on Youtube in 1 day in Ukraine, which is an all-time record for my country.

* - official Youtube Top Songs chart combines all full versions of the song using algorithm that excludes streams from crazy fanbases, bots, multiple streams from 1 person.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
I'm pretty sure it would win televoting even without current political situation...Maybe with less points or as much as Moldova. People like original music - the aspect in which this Eurovision lacked.

The only other song that sounded like winner THAT night was :es:.

:uk: also deserved the win after so many fails so i feel a bit sad for them too
I agree it would've done very well in televoting despite the political situation (not THAT well, but still it would've easily be in top 3 of televoting), it's a really catchy and instant song, BUT I'm sure the juries would've placed it waaaaay lower if they weren't "biased" because of the political situation. This song has everything that juries hate: ethnic music and hip hop. Remember what happened last year with "Shum" that was more jury-friendly than this one IMO. "Stefania" was a song that would have been in top 5 easily in any other year, but this year it had more support from both juries and public because of the political situation and that's why the landslide win came. This is what Eurovision is after all, what the public and the jury chooses to vote for in a particular year, and most of the time there are many factors that make people vote for a specific song.

:uk: would have been normally the winner IMO, it had the balance of jury/televoting that a winner needs. Spain wouldn't have won IMO, this is a type of song that reaches #2 at best, remember Fuego.

allenakaalan

I agree it would've done very well in televoting despite the political situation (not THAT well, but still it would've easily be in top 3 of televoting), it's a really catchy and instant song, BUT I'm sure the juries would've placed it waaaaay lower if they weren't "biased" because of the political situation. This song has everything that juries hate: ethnic music and hip hop. Remember what happened last year with "Shum" that was more jury-friendly than this one IMO. "Stefania" was a song that would have been in top 5 easily in any other year, but this year it had more support from both juries and public because of the political situation and that's why the landslide win came. This is what Eurovision is after all, what the public and the jury chooses to vote for in a particular year, and most of the time there are many factors that make people vote for a specific song.

:uk: would have been normally the winner IMO, it had the balance of jury/televoting that a winner needs. Spain wouldn't have won IMO, this is a type of song that reaches #2 at best, remember Fuego.
I feel like the jury results for non-pop and ballad songs can be unpredictable (Manizha and Go_A finishing top 3 in the semi jury after many predicted them to jury NQ). Plus, I think juries' tastes and judging criteria shift over time, so the trends in the past could change as well.

I know people compare Stefania to Shum saying that Stefania isn't as good as Shum (which I agree) so it couldn't possibly be getting a better jury score than Shum. Well, Shum introduced Europe and Australia to a new type of sound from :ua:, so by this year, people could be more accustomed to listening to Ukrainian folk fusion music. Essentially, Shum walked so that Stefania could run. So I wouldn't be surprised if Stefania would've still gotten a decent enough jury score even under normal circumstances, and therefore still stand a strong chance to win with televote support considering how close the scores ended up for :uk::se::es:

:uk: would've been a pretty good winner as well, although I can still see it being controversial, since it did finish only 5th in televote. The pro-televote only people are going to have a field day with that.

Ezio

Veteran
It‘s probably my favourite winner in the history of Eurovision. It‘s such an impactful and meaningful song, and catchy af.

however, Ukraine should have already won last year, 2013 and in 2019, and then I might have been bitter about their 6th win already, lol.

Ukraine was one of my least favorite countries until 2013, with the exception of 2008. then Zlatka Ognevich came to mesmerize and tantalize and many great hits followed.

Datura

whats the name of the singer / flute player?

mup

Days later I'm still appalled while reading social media posts with photos of a destroyed Mariupol saying "Look at the beautiful venue of ESC2023" complete with a laughing emoji, or pictures of the bombings commented as "Ukrainian fireworks celebrating their win in ESC". Disgusting.

Fierro

Days later I'm still appalled while reading social media posts with photos of a destroyed Mariupol saying "Look at the beautiful venue of ESC2023" complete with a laughing emoji, or pictures of the bombings commented as "Ukrainian fireworks celebrating their win in ESC". Disgusting.
This is very scary and may actually play a bad joke if these 'memes' get massive. Words are material. People should grow up

Ravlyk

I've never thought I would say something like this but I wish all these people (if they are) to celebrate everything in there life precisely the same way.

AlekS

Veteran
I've never thought I would say something like this but I wish all these people (if they are) to celebrate everything in there life precisely the same way.
They are just immature sofa "warriors". They think they can say anything, because this war is far from their homes, and they're on the other side of the screen.

They attacked Poland on JESC (!) with sick shit about Hitler and concentration camps. I remember there were racist comments on YT as well.

They hurt themselves. I mean do you want their country to host Eurovision in the future? Would you feel comfortable and safe among those people? Lol, there's no war and I'm wondering about all of this. The amount of crazy fans also brings questions. And yet, I will not become biased against countries, like they are.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
This is very scary and may actually play a bad joke if these 'memes' get massive. Words are material. People should grow up

I remember one Hungarian user wishing us to get banned from Eurovision. Next year Hungary withdrew.

I thank those people for making me better and showing what I really don't want to be.

Last edited:

jeriswani

well I am happy Ukraine has won. It’s great for the country and for music as a whole. The fact that a rap/folk song has highest scoring televote ever is amazing. I really hope other countries in that region start sending more songs in that style an I really do hope juries continue to appreciate them.

Well done Kalush and I’m praying that next years Eurovision will be in a peaceful Ukraine. That’s really needs to be the priority before we start talking about the alternatives.

Last edited:
Top Bottom