Сію-вію, сію-вію зеленесеньки

Гей розплетися, Шуме, розплетися,
Зеленим барвінком та й застелися
Сію-вію, сію-вію конопелечки
Сію-вію, сію-вію зеленесеньки​

Last edited by a moderator:

AlekS

Veteran
@AlekS Any news on release dates of the other songs which took part in the internal selection? - I'd love to buy more songs by Go_A on iTunes :D
They will continue recording the new album very soon. Maybe even next week.
They said they are working on a collab with :it: :ch: :fi: and :au: Wondering if it comes to life, will Go_A include these collabs on their album etc.

Rob

Could you please tell me what

Iди на звук​

is about? I love this song!

midnightsun

Veteran
:lol:

1:44 - The Bubble reacting to Shum.
5:29 - French delegation realizing they won't win.
7:05 - She jokingly called a Blind Channel member her future husband :lol:
I didn’t understand a single word but to see the fans press and contestants partying together makes me so happy! 😍
They are so funny and crazy and obviously drunk as hell but hey, I am so happy for them they could experience this after being stuck at home for so long in this pandemic like we all do. And I appreciate the love for Ukraine from the other contestants. We need more footage like this and behind the scenes, it makes my heart jump. This year so so so outstandingly good, probably my favourites ESC ever!

Alaska49

I had been beating the "Ukraine will qualify" drum for anyone who would listen. Today, GoA went out there and called me an idiot for not saying they could win. I've got to say I'm addicted to that staggeringly wacky, professional, beautiful performance. Stellar job. As our MIA friend @Alaska49 used to say about :ua:, "MOTHER HAS ARRIVED."
MOTHER HAS INDEED ARRIVED and to be honest never left. i believed in go_a since solovey. but of course the "BUT WILL EUROPE UNDERSTAND THEM???" fears hit me the same way they did with hatari even though hatari did just fine. it happens. after the semi i totally shook that off and even believed they could maybe win if the jury was 2011 enough. alas. 5th place is incredible still.

(also i was purposefully MIA as a social experiment - since it was already an effort for me to even keep up with our half NF season and we didn't even have a pre-show season, i thought i could as well remove myself from the bubble and see how my perceptions would go. as it turns out, i got things right way more than i usually do and the experience was overall more enjoyable. oops! i did miss you guys though, and i am already avatarised for the reigning season~)

Elina UA

(also i was purposefully MIA as a social experiment - since it was already an effort for me to even keep up with our half NF season and we didn't even have a pre-show season, i thought i could as well remove myself from the bubble and see how my perceptions would go. as it turns out, i got things right way more than i usually do and the experience was overall more enjoyable. oops! i did miss you guys though, and i am already avatarised for the reigning season~)
I totally understand you. I didn't watch the NFs so i couldn't be bitter that some songs didn't qualify. Also I stayed away from dress rehearsal, so the staging was a surprise for me. Great experience.

• La La Love
Reactions: Rob

AlekS

Veteran

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
MOTHER HAS INDEED ARRIVED and to be honest never left. i believed in go_a since solovey. but of course the "BUT WILL EUROPE UNDERSTAND THEM???" fears hit me the same way they did with hatari even though hatari did just fine. it happens. after the semi i totally shook that off and even believed they could maybe win if the jury was 2011 enough. alas. 5th place is incredible still.

SAUDADES IRMÃ!!!!!!!!!!1

Rob

Translation:
https://lyricstranslate.com/ru/іди-на-звук-idy-na-zvuk-go-sound.html

Clearly autobiographical song.
Nobody in her family believed in her fascination with music. She was left homeless at the age of 10 ("And when you are left somewhere by yourself, without a roof, embraced by the rain"). But she followed music & stayed her true self despite all the shit :)
Thank you very much. Now I like it even more, I can't stop listening to their music. Now I need to to learn Ukrainian language for a month just to see that I never will be able to...o_O

hijirio

Veteran
The juries are sooooo close-minded for not putting this in their top 3, and songs in the similiar genre have been overlooked even more by the juries in the past years.
Now come on now, they choose you as a jury to demonstrate your musical expertise, and if you score only the Western style bland pop, why do you even call yourself a music expert lmao

I'm totally happy with the 5th place for Ukraine this year, it's my highest placed favorite, but still I think it had way more potential than what it achieved. Wayyyy more!

Jopi

I really didn't like this song when it came out. But, the whole performance just elevated it so much. I need to congratulate Ukraine for always bringing their A game when it comes to performances. That was very impressive to watch and to listen. So much that now Shum is one of my most played songs post eurovision lol

Rob

I really didn't like this song when it came out. But, the whole performance just elevated it so much. I need to congratulate Ukraine for always bringing their A game when it comes to performances. That was very impressive to watch and to listen. So much that now Shum is one of my most played songs post eurovision lol
Go_A also has many other masterpieces in petto.
It's always something special listening to them!

If someone cares about - my favourites are 1, 3, 7 and 8

Elina UA

Ukraine also has discovered them, coming to Vidbir was the best decision in their lives, bless them. I hope huge success of Shum (first ever Ukrainian song in Global Spotify-Apple Music-iTunes charts) will encourage more hidden gems to come to Vidbir. Preferably with songs in Ukrainian.

Top Bottom