Сію-вію, сію-вію конопелечки
Сію-вію, сію-вію зеленесеньки

Гей розплетися, Шуме, розплетися,
Зеленим барвінком та й застелися
Сію-вію, сію-вію конопелечки
Сію-вію, сію-вію зеленесеньки​

Last edited by a moderator:

Kam2

This is not ESC related but it will affect the direction we will be moving onwards
In the beginning there were 15 now there are 4 people left fighting for the head of PBC title:
Vitaliy Dokalenko Qualified with 4 votes
Oksana Tsybulya 9 votes
And the front runners:
Andriy Shapovalov (former head of UA: Donbass) 10 votes for, 4 against
Mykola Chernotytskiy (current Vice President) 11 votes for, 2 against, 1 didn’t vote
The new daddy will be selected on 27th

AlekS

Veteran
Melovin was buried by his lack of English, questionable clothes and average vocals. The staging was awesome. Getting resurrected by music and (roasting all his haters) finding his inner strength/fire xheat The song wasn't outstanding, but it was good. The staging actually saved his ass and made people vote.

The staging for Solovey was meant to be epic as well btw.

AlekS

Veteran
@Kam2 , happy for Tsybulya being in the top 3 xlove

Dokalenko is everything I dislike in our 00's broadcaster. Worried by so many votes for Shapovalov. Chernotytskiy is Alasania #2, so I doubt there will be any change of course.

AlekS

Veteran
The song features Polissya folk + next Monday it's 35 years since Chernobyl disaster.
They visited a few places in the Zone today xbow

Former kindergarten:

bn32Xoq.jpg

Duga radar network for ballistic missiles detection (150m high). + ice cream. "YUM" :lol:
bJ0BihZ.jpg
C3r5t9O.jpg

Go_A will give an online concert and Q&A session on Wednesday at 19:00 CET.
+ Eurovoix event as well. At 21:00 CET.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Melovin was buried by juries and nothing was overcooked. For the artist like him the staging was great and pompous. The other things is that it's not everyone's taste
Under the ladder fell flat after the incredible opener. Shum will not have that problem as it ends on a high.

Besides, they'll perform ahead of Efendi who is the most low energy hume in the entire semi (a semi that has hooverphonic and roxen in it, mhm, yes)

Fierro

Under the ladder fell flat after the incredible opener. Shum will not have that problem as it ends on a high.
"Fell flat" is not the thing that really applies to jury's results. If it fell flat, it wouldn't gain 7th place in tevevoting (which is, let's agree, very high for that strong year). So, no, I don't agree "Under the Ladder" fell flat. Mostly likely it was just not too jury-friendly performance, even though I personally strongly disagree with 26th place.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
"Fell flat" is not the thing that really applies to jury's results. If it fell flat, it wouldn't gain 7th place in tevevoting (which is, let's agree, very high for that strong year). So, no, I don't agree "Under the Ladder" fell flat. Mostly likely it was just not too jury-friendly performance, even though I personally strongly disagree with 26th place.
Melovin had a MASSIVE online following lmfao. I would have been shocked had he done worse in the televote, honestly?

But yes, juries do care about that exactly? The chorus hits and UTL just deflates like a punctured tire. I have never been super hot on "Under the ladder" because it was Basic and the camp visuals were mean to distract. Ofc juries saw through it and downvoted it.

The same thing will happen with Tix later this year.

Zeus

I don't think Ukraine will do that bad with the juries. Mid-table or better is my guess.
No.

It will still qualify because it will get a lot of televotes. But juries are not going to rank this. And that is a good thing imo.

AlekS

Veteran
I think Shum will do better with the juries than people expect.
I'll be surprised if some of them will give us more than 0 (if we qualify):
Russia, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, France, Malta, Albania.
Of course it depends of Go_A's performance too.

WhoKnows

I'll be surprised if some of them will give us more than 0 (if we qualify):
Russia, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, France, Malta, Albania.
Of course it depends of Go_A's performance too.

Sure, but most of them didn't even vote for Ukraine in 2016. There are nearly 30 other countries left. You only need like 15 of those to get a top ten. Poland 2019 didn't do THAT bad with a much weaker song. I'm not saying this will win the jury vote or anything, but I think a midtable result is reasonable. At the very least it'll do better than Melovin and O.Torvald.

The art directors don't inspire much confidence tbh. Of the three acts they did, I only liked one. I just hope they don't veer into the tacky territory.

AlekS

Veteran
^ My problem with the juries is not the lack of votes, but it's rather about broadcasters which form those juries and it's not only about ESC. In any case the whole situation should motivate us to improve ourselves and become better.

I agree about art directors. Tomilchenko is not cool anymore, imho. It's been 3 years since their work with Melovin. Their last JESC entry is tragic.
I liked Malta & Azerbaijan 2019 tho.

AlekS

Veteran

Kam2

Their last JESC entry is tragic.
The problem there was the lack of funding, Medvedev openly hates JESC and the first order he gave as PBC’s head of entertainment was withdrawing from JESC2018 which he later reversed due to public outrage started by the art school’s, and turned Junior Vidbir into his own personal indiefest with zero care about stupid children’s contest that 99.7% of Ukraine doesn’t care about. They done the best with the «три копійки» they were given by him that year. And that “tragic” staging(which I liked btw) was the thing that guaranteed us the majority of the strategic votes from Spain, Poland and French jury who put all pre contest favorites to their bottom.
With ESC Medvedev can’t afford to have a miniscule budget because the amount of public backlash everyone involved will receive in case we break our qualification streak will be unimaginable, judging by how O. Torvald’s result was received

Last edited:
Top Bottom