Сію-вію, сію-вію зеленесеньки

Гей розплетися, Шуме, розплетися,
Зеленим барвінком та й застелися
Сію-вію, сію-вію конопелечки
Сію-вію, сію-вію зеленесеньки​

Last edited by a moderator:

Kam2

Vidbir pisni 2021:
Until 24:00 on 29.01 Go_A are obliged to send at least TWO entries to PBC. The day after they sent their songs there will be a meeting of the committee made up of 3 music professionals and 2 PBC representatives who will rank the songs . The entry with the most points after the jury voting will be sent to EBU.
The presentation of our song will happen until 10.03
Source: https://corp.suspilne.media/document/517 (in Ukrainian)

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Unofficial info from Katya official source: the song most definitely will be published in the end of February. But I won't be surprised if PBC delays it until the very end of the deadline :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: I hope they will reveal the runner-up too.

Last edited:

Kam2

Vidbir pisni 2021 Jury:
Jamala
The Maneken(Vidbir 2018-2019 judge)
Ruslan Kvinta(Vidbir 2018-2020 Sound producer)
PBC representatives:
Yaroslav Lodygin (Head of television/Founder of Aristocrats.fm)
Dmytro Khorkin (Head of radio at PBC’s ruling board)

AlekS

Veteran
3 legends from Vidbir + 2 awesome dudes from PBC (I have a crush on Yaroslav xblush ).

ps. Protect Go_A songs from Kvinta's revamp at all costs! ;)

WhoKnows

The jury sounds surprisingly promising. I have faith they'll make the right decision.

AlekS

Veteran
I've just listened to 3:02 radio? version of ШУМ o_O

I still doubt they submitted this song because the lyrics is almost entirely based on 2 folk songs.

WhoKnows

I fully expect one of the songs to be SHUM. Didn't YUKO take part in the NF with a folk song too, and that was deemed ok?

Loindici

Veteran
More judging by Jamala? I'm looking forward to it xqueenbitch at least no more problematic TV moments this time

AlekS

Veteran
I fully expect one of the songs to be SHUM. Didn't YUKO take part in the NF with a folk song too, and that was deemed ok?
But she didn't win.
Solovey borrowed few lines from a folk song and after consulting with the EBU they were asked to re-write the lyrics, which they did.

A-lister

Veteran
But she didn't win.
Solovey borrowed few lines from a folk song and after consulting with the EBU they were asked to re-write the lyrics, which they did.

What is actually the Eurovision rules on lyrics? I could be wrong, but isn't it mostly about the composition being an original song and not allowing samples but other than that the lyrics don't necessarily have to be original?

AlekS

Veteran
What is actually the Eurovision rules on lyrics? I could be wrong, but isn't it mostly about the composition being an original song and not allowing samples but other than that the lyrics don't necessarily have to be original?
https://eurovision.tv/about/rules
"The compositions (lyrics and music)...." In this case the lyrics have been performed by several singers & bands and published on YT.
Not to mention that PBC/STB gets every Vidbir winner with questionable lyrics or the release date evaluated by the EBU officials (but not the Reference Group) prior submitting our entry officially.

WhoKnows

Was it the YUKO song that one of the NF jury members said they had asked EBU about and EBU said it was fine? (I vividly remember this episode but can't remember which song it was about.) Weren't the lyrics in the chorus in 1944 from an old folk song? I could be confusing all kinds of things.

Besides, they could just easily change the lyrics to SHUM if they had to.

AlekS

Veteran
PBC stick to their last year's word and they will fund our ESC entry :cool:

Go_A published in their insta stories a snippet of listening to a Vidbir song in the headphones. From what I could decipher there are female backing vocals in the chorus. Knowing their trollery, no idea if it was the song. It was something new, not ШУМ.

@WhoKnows In any case they already know what to do after Solovey ;) It also depends if they like this song enough.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
https://eurovision.tv/about/rules
"The compositions (lyrics and music)...." In this case the lyrics have been performed by several singers & bands and published on YT.
Not to mention that PBC/STB gets every Vidbir winner with questionable lyrics or the release date evaluated by the EBU officials (but not the Reference Group) prior submitting our entry officially.

I get it, but how was it with "Solovey", because from what I remember it also included big chunks of lyrics from already existing folk songs? I guess they can just adjust some.

AlekS

Veteran
I get it, but how was it with "Solovey", because from what I remember it also included big chunks of lyrics from already existing folk songs? I guess they can just adjust some.
They cut two lines out of the 1st verse.
ШУМ borrows more than that, but everything depends whether they've submitted this song, and if the EBU approves.

Top Bottom