Сію-вію, сію-вію зеленесеньки

Гей розплетися, Шуме, розплетися,
Зеленим барвінком та й застелися
Сію-вію, сію-вію конопелечки
Сію-вію, сію-вію зеленесеньки​

Last edited by a moderator:

crashworld

Veteran
I really need the Eurovision version to be out soon because the current version is losing its charm on me and it doesn't help that the song is starting to sound way too long than it should and it's starting to lose its appeal.

It has started to slip down my personal ranking and it's not because there are better songs out there that got released.

Last edited:

SAYAY

I loved Solovey last year and when I found out that Go_A would sing again in 2021 I was so excited for what the would come up with next. And I love Shum almost as much as I loved Solovey. What I really like about this song and band is their use of folk elements mixed with electronica, and it works really well. It is cool to listen too. So of course Ukraine will recieve a good :8: points from me! xrosexmetal:love:

Elina UA

I really need the Eurovision version to be out soon because the current version is losing its charm on me and it doesn't help that the song is starting to sound way too long than it should and it's starting to lose its appeal.

It has started to slip down my personal ranking and it's not because there are better songs out there that got released.
I understand what you are talking about. After you've heard it hundreds times, you've learned all the minor changes in structure and it's no more impressive. But when you listen to it the first dozen times, it slaps. And 99% of people gonna listen to it for the first time only on May 18.
Anyway, there's a completely new version to come, so let's wait.xwait

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Icelandic Youtube Top 100 weekly chart:
#7 o_O

SHUM becomes the most successful Eurovision song without the radio release or any notable promo in the Ukrainian Airplay chart:
#24.

ps. Meanwhile here's a remix to kill the wait:

Last edited:

Realest

I havent heard the Word "Shum" once during the Song.
Anyway, I like it more than last Year. 7/1.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Listening now
Lyrics completely different
May be it will be good for Eurovision i will listen original

Zonne147

Such an improvement for me - doesn't sound as flat and as messy as the original version, moved from 23rd to 18th

mauve

Veteran
When I heard the original version I first gave 12, then 10 and now 12 again! :ROFLMAO: It's a great new version, more effective and it slaps!

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Like many I'm so used to the original, it's strange to listen to this one. I didn't expect so much change so i am confusion.
See you in a few hours when I erased from my mind the full version.

EDIT : okay 2nd listen it's already better

crashworld

Veteran
Hmmm. That's an interesting take for a revamp. It's basically the concise version of the original version in terms of the melody, but the complete change of lyrics threw me off. It's really going to take me a while to un-listen the original version to truly take in the new revamp version though. It has a more precise/clean structure now, which is good.

I wonder why they decide to change the lyrics? Is it because it contains the old folk song's lyrics which are not allowed since they are not original?

I am not going to rate this for now until I can properly listen the revamp version for what it is and un-listen the original version.

Mainshow

Veteran
I think I have to downgrade this :(

It sounds like they sampled their own song. The lyrics and rhymes are different, some parts of the melody are fundamentally different.. They basically just left the flute and a bit of the rhythm.
I also don't enjoy her voice that much on this won.

I didn't see this coming. I expected them to dethrone :ru: and :sm: and get back to my #1 but this leaves me with a lot of thinking to do... I will listen to it later again but right now, I think I'm just used to the original version which I truly adore (and bought on iTunes and was listening to on a daily basis).

Top Bottom