Гей розплетися, Шуме, розплетися,
Зеленим барвінком та й застелися
Сію-вію, сію-вію конопелечки
Сію-вію, сію-вію зеленесеньки​

Last edited by a moderator:

midnightsun

Veteran
Just one word: LOOOOVE!!!

i was pretty sure they would not be as good as last year but I was so wrong! However, it’s not as Eurovision-friendly as their masterpiece last year. But I‘m not sure if they really intended to deliver something serious because it’s all half-hearted this year.

rasmuslights

Veteran

tayanna said she wants to represent the country next year. PLEASE - literally she can't make a bad song all of her songs are sooo good.

Ezio

Veteran
This song is borderline exciting and borderline annoying. It is very cool, but the juxtaposition between the high-pitched wailings and deep bass and the overall high volume, makes me anxious and uncomfortable. It sounds like a soundtrack for party drugs. If they stage the song with strobing and flickering light effects, it could become my last place.It could also stay up close to the Top 10. 7 points for now.

Kam2

tayanna said she wants to represent the country next year. PLEASE - literally she can't make a bad song all of her songs are sooo good.
Only if PBC and STB cancels the televote because there’s no way she will get more than 4 points in the final, from us due to hers lack of charisma, cringy stagings by Badoev and IMO pretentious postcards, no matter what she does and who her competitors are.

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
Only if PBC and STB cancels the televote because there’s no way she will never get more than 4 points in the final, from us due to hers lack of charisma, cringy stagings by Badoev and IMO pretentious postcards, no matter what she does and who her competitors are.
I was wondering if there is a possibility that Ukraine will start having internal selections? Is it possible'?

AlekS

Veteran
With Verka still in the jury ("go to the c*nt" epic scandal xheat). And Tina Karol (at the killer feud with Polyakova who shares the same producer with Tayanna). Good luck with that xwave Her team does her dirty.

I was wondering if there is a possibility that Ukraine will start having internal selections? Is it possible'?
There will be Vidbir 2022. But anything is possible. We will see after May when the new PBC boss will be elected.

Kam2

Knowing the tastes of PBC’s current head of entertainment and the fact that he’s been rejecting JESC 2019-20 entries she composed for Darya Moskalenko(under the spoiler). I doubt that she will be considered as an option even if we go internal. Medvedev won’t be fired while his close friend Lodygin is the head of television whose term ends in nov. 2024 if I remember correctly, so good luck to TAYANNA representing Moldova/San Marino if she really wants to do Eurovision .

Last edited:

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Only if PBC and STB cancels the televote because there’s no way she will get more than 4 points in the final, from us due to hers lack of charisma, cringy stagings by Badoev and IMO pretentious postcards, no matter what she does and who her competitors are.
Come on, Леля was the best that year but jury were wet over Melovin and televoting was killed by Melovin fans. Not like i didnt like Melovin tho

simonPL

I wish I could vote 12, but for now it is "only" 10.

When they released "Shum" I wasn't wowed by this song as much as when I heard "Solovey" (but still I like it so much!), so I was hoping that this is only a nice stop in our route to their final Eurovision song.

And they decided to send "Shum".

Let's wait and hear its 3-minute-long version. ;)

A-lister

Veteran
Come on, Леля was the best that year but jury were wet over Melovin and televoting was killed by Melovin fans. Not like i didnt like Melovin tho

Second that, I dunno why so many Ukrainians seem to hate her? She's pretty awesome and they lost a good opportunity with Lelya that would for sure fair better than Melovin no doubt... and for whatever reason she has a bad image in Ukraine, European viewers don't care nor know about some local drama anyways when it all comes down to it and Tayanna slays and haters can hate!

She has yet to release a bad EP and is far more productive it seems than most Ukrainian Pop artists who just releases random singles, but take years to release an actual album or EP (Zlata Ognevich take notice!).

Anyways that's for the future, but I'm all for Tayanna... but for now let's focus on this year ;)

midnightsun

Veteran
The more I am listening to it the better than „Solovey“ I like it! Solovey is still a masterpiece and more diverse thus more interesting but „Shum“ gets you fully hooked breathlessly. I get this „wow, this is new, this experimental“ vibe more than with Solovey. The last time I got that when Georgia debuted with their Visionary Dream in (I believe) 2007. It‘s a similar artsy sound although Georgia 2007 was more Björk-esque and Ukraine is more like „Midsommar“ (this year‘s dark horse horror movie, if anyone has seen it... did anyone get those vibes too when they were forming a circle and holding their hands?)

crashworld

Veteran
The song is ready. "We saved all elements that made this song interesting".
Source: Ukrainian Radio.

Judging from the interview that I've got, they will shoot at least some part of the video outdoors.

Interesting. So they will shoot a new version of the video just for the ESC version. I actually thought they will just plaster the ESC edit on the existing video by editing down the original video.

Top Bottom