7 4.2%

3 1.8%

16 9.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Ukraine-scaled.jpg

WhoKnows

End the Vidbir nonesense and send someone internally. Khrystyna Soloviy. The Hardkiss. Tayanna. KADNAY.

Vidbir, while it might be a good program, has proven to be terrible for selecting a successful Eurovision entry. They really lucked out with Jamala vs. The Hardkiss the first year. Since then, they either pick the wrong entry or we end up with what happened this year.

AlekS

Veteran
Alasania will be fired soon probably. Not sure if they get funded at all after that. Fat-ass oligarch only cares about his channels, nobody needs UA:pBC there)).

ps. I wouldn't be surprised if they select Maruv internally and she will suddenly change her mind about EBU rules :lol: The president likes her. Though it heavily depends of who's gonna become the new UA:pBC boss.

WhoKnows

ps. I won't be surprised if they select шMaruv internally and she will suddenly agree with EBU rules :lol: The president likes her. Though it heavily depends of who's gonna become the new UA:pBC boss.

Oooh, that's actually a good possibility. She better have a song that's at least equally as good though. Otherwise, the fandom will turn on her in no time. Lol.

AlekS

Veteran
Oooh, that's actually a good possibility.
She was a good possibility at such weak Vidbir this year. I voted for her because everyone else sucked even more.

As for general Eurovision...imo she wouldn't even finished in the top 3, even in such dreadful year :?
Her vocals were atrocious. + vulgar image (not in my opinion tho). The juries wouldn't even put her in the top 10.
Screw the results, she would still be my ultimate winner this year. But her disagreeing with the core EBU rules turned me off. She put her ex-USSR promo above the contest. Gurl bye, sashay away.

WhoKnows

She was a good possibility at such weak Vidbir this year. I voted for her because everyone else sucked even more.

As for general Eurovision...imo she wouldn't even finished in the top 3, even in such dreadful year :?
Her vocals were atrocious. + vulgar image (not in my opinion tho). The juries wouldn't even put her in the top 10.
Screw the results, she would still be my ultimate winner this year. But her disagreeing with the core EBU rules turned me off. She put her ex-USSR promo above the contest. Gurl bye, sashay away.

I meant "good possibility" as in "hight possibility". I don't actually like the idea of it, but i could see it happening. If she goes next year, then this year's absence would've been totally useless.

AlekS

Veteran
I meant "good possibility" as in "hight possibility". I don't actually like the idea of it, but i could see it happening. If she goes next year, then this year's absence would've been totally useless.
She agrees and then pulls out in the last moment again? Nah. That's too boring. I want someone with better vocals.
But I'm 100% sure that the president's channel (1+1) is going to promote someone from the Voice.
+ A lot of things can change until December/January when the new parliament votes for the national budget.

ps. 1+1 has just posted EBU's Orange Carpet live broadcast ;)

AlekS

Veteran
I know that Nadya is best friends with MARUV so I wouldn't mind such exchange:

(Vremya i Steklo)

A-lister

Veteran
She agrees and then pulls out in the last moment again? Nah. That's too boring. I want someone with better vocals.
But I'm 100% sure that the president's channel (1+1) is going to promote someone from the Voice.
+ A lot of things can change until December/January when the new parliament votes for the national budget.

ps. 1+1 has just posted EBU's Orange Carpet live broadcast ;)

You think 1+1 will take over? Now that would be a relief, I would trust them more to do a proper selection...

As for MARUV, she is weak vocalist and the entry was so so and I think the juries in ESC would have killed it... yes I agree that there were catchy aspects in the song, and she is a good performer but she would have to have a song with more oomph and really work on her live vocals if she would even be considered a hot candidate for ESC...

Anyways her behavior in the 2019 selection was really off-putting, it was political and a way to boost her self-promo not a genuine will to go to ESC... so preferably someone who would actually want to and be proud to represent the country... although now with the new president we will see more of these "Russia-fixated" singers back in Ukraine and maybe in ESC too so MARUV would fit right in...

DaFlo

Banned
I read Vrema i Steklo I stan xheat

Michelle Andrade is probably more realistic from Mozgi tho

AlekS

Veteran
Surprisingly KAZKA want to take part in Vidbir 2020. Thought they've had enough :twisted:

LastDreamer

Banned
Please withdrawn … together with Russia.

AlekS

Veteran
UA:pBC commentator hinted during yesterday's broadcast that we will take part in 2020 no matter if Russia wins or not.
He also hinted at presidential inauguration, basically repeating everything I've said before.

The new Ukrainian president was against this year's withdrawal, he supported MARUV and he's really competitive :rolleyes:

The current Head of UA:pBC won't be re-elected imho.

The new (or not) format will be discussed in September/October.

WhoKnows

UA:pBC commentator hinted during yesterday's broadcast that we will take part in 2020 no matter if Russia wins or not.

Was it Prytula? What did he say?

It probably won't be an issue as it doesn't look like Russia is winning this year. BUT, if it were to win, I think there'd be a big public backlash against participating there.

AlekS

Veteran
Was it Prytula? What did he say?

It probably won't be an issue as it doesn't look like Russia is winning this year. BUT, if it were to win, I think there'd be a big public backlash against participating there.
Prytula comments on STB. It was Timur.

Also there would be people saying "let's beat them on their own soil" too. As well as "it's just a song contest".

WhoKnows

Prytula comments on STB. It was Timur.

And there would be people saying "let's beat them on their own soil" too. As well as "it's just a song contest".

Yeah, but those against it would probably be more vocal about it. If Maruv's performing in Russia was an issue this year, I can't see how they can turn around and send an official delegation to Russia a year later. Would not be a good look.

Top Bottom