7 4.2%

3 1.8%

16 9.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Ukraine-scaled.jpg

ClaudiuP

That's fine and all, but you are just throwing perfectly serviceable vocal performances on a pile with some questionable ones, calling them 'jokes' when they clearly are undeserving of such a negative predicate. If this is done for comedic effect I would understand, but I'm not getting that.

But let's not digress. I know your actual opinion is balanced, just irksome to read such unnecessary negativity.

Ofc it's the comedic effect. My comments are always related to my avatar. I'm actually in a character here. xqueenbitch

Sometimes I do get a little bit too far, but to me calling someone jokes doesn't really have the negative meaning you misunderstood. I would have used more harsh words like horrendous or horrible. xangel

Mrm

Veteran
Go_A lady is not making much effort in singing the song, it comes across as extremely bland and irritating while Krut struggled vocally during the semifinal.

David was on a whole different level from a vocal point of view.

I agree for Krut, but for Go_A NO WAY! :eek:

Mrm

Veteran
She's not really singing the song is she? She sounds like she's actually doing backing vocals for the song rather than actually singing it.
Of course not, I was in folklore more than 15 years, believe me I know about Slavic traditional singing.. ;)

FilipFromSweden

Does anyone know if the winner of Vidbir 2020 still has to sign a contract likewise the one Maruv and the runner-ups were asked to signs? The one where they had to pay a crazy amount of money if they said anything agains the TV-networks liking and forbid them to talk to journalists/fans unless permission was granted each time

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Does anyone know if the winner of Vidbir 2020 still has to sign a contract likewise the one Maruv and the runner-ups were asked to signs? The one where they had to pay a crazy amount of money if they said anything agains the TV-networks liking and forbid them to talk to journalists/fans unless permission was granted each time

Wasn't the read on that contract at the time that it was meant to put the onus on MARUV to quit rather than on the broadcaster to pull her? And didn't it get Ukraine's Eurovision team an absolute crapton of bad press? Given that, I'd assume that that contract is a mistake never to be repeated again.

njdevils94

Veteran

Maruv never actually wanted to go to Eurovision. She was just promoting he stuff. The contract is literally the same as every other national final winner. It's just sensationalized in the media because it is an Eastern country.

FilipFromSweden

Maruv never actually wanted to go to Eurovision. She was just promoting he stuff. The contract is literally the same as every other national final winner. It's just sensationalized in the media because it is an Eastern country.

I'm fairly sure SVT and many other competing networks don't force their competitors to:

1. Pay 75 000 euro as punishment for making improvisations on stage without approval of the network

2. Not communicate with any journalists that the network hasn't approved of

njdevils94

Veteran
Would love to see Solovey win but 99 would also be a lovely entry from Ukraine. Bonfire is a bit riskier now than a week ago because of the dodgy vocals. I expect Vegan's staging to be changed around pretty drastically and that might give Jerry Heil an outside chance. Still think Khayat will win though. It's a decent song probably ending up with a Melovin like result if it ends up in Rotterdam. Ukraine should be fine as long as David Axelrod isn't chosen.

Rankings

:ua: Vidbir 2020 Final (pre-show)
1. Go-A - Solovey
2. KrutЬ - 99
3. Tvorchi - Bonfire
4. Jerry Heil - Vegan
5. Khayat - Call for Love
6. David Axelrod - Horizon

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
My ranking going into tonight..

1. Khayat - Call for Love

This is so trash, but I love trash and oh my gosh, this is the good kind. I think I'm very much on board for this now. It's the one song here that I feel I'm going to go back to again and again. The drop is underwhelming but there's enough drama and weirdness going on for the rest of the song to excuse it.

2. KrutЬ - 99

This is really cute, and as I said before, it gives me Joanna Newsom vibes. It's got a pleasant indie folk thing going on. I like the fragility of her voice as well, although I'm quite sure it will be a thing for others to pick apart. Personally I think it very much adds to the charm. I probably won't be in too much of a rush to go back and spam the song on repeat all day, but I think it would make for a nice entry.

3. David Axelrod - Horizon

I somewhat enjoy this one, albeit ironically. The fact this Maltese sounding ballad made it to the final of a Ukrainian selection is hilarious in and of itself but it's the performance that really tips it over the edge. His voice is genuinely good and at least the whole thing is better than say something like what France have gone with this year. You can tell this gentleman is genuinely a ham and I find it quite bless. The whole thing makes me long for the return of dear old Vasyl Lazarovych. Robbed legend. #NeverForget

4. TVORCHI – Bonfire

Really nice voice but I dislike the lazy drop. Don't really have too strong of an opinion on this one either way. It's alright I guess but besides the soulful vocals, I'm not getting much from it.

5. Go-A - Solovey

In the words of the great Mariah Gregory "oh why must you be so stern?". I don't think this is bad but I find it really difficult to warm to. I guess it's just not my thing. I see it suffering a similar fate to Poland from last year.

6. Jerry Heil - Vegan

Unbearable. Genuinely one of the very worst songs I've heard this year. I feel as though this will have an inverse effect on people than the message of the song intends.

GlossyDeliciousBobwhite-max-1mb.gif

edit: just remembered I already did a ranking with comments last week, but oh well. Enjoy again x xamandalearsmile

Fierro

Tvorchi have released MV for their song

It has good picture but overall I'm not fond of it. Their previous music videos for other songs were on point. This while being with sense obviously in terms of dynamic looks a bit rushed and chaotic, without aligning to the rhythm of song. Of course it's only me who complains about that becuase I'm very sensitive to such details.

ClaudiuP

Tvorchi have released MV for their song

It has good picture but overall I'm not fond of it. Their previous music videos for other songs were on point. This while being with sense obviously in terms of dynamic looks a bit rushed and chaotic, without aligning to the rhythm of song. Of course it's only me who complains about that becuase I'm very sensitive to such details.

I actually LOVE the music video! If he could have actually deliver it live it would have been my favorite!

ClaudiuP

They should just cancel the selection and send Jamala with Жалі, but replace alyona alyona with Fo-Sho! LOVE the song!

Mrm

Veteran
Tvorchi's official video is really good!

Goo Tvorchi! xyes

Top Bottom