7 4.2%

3 1.8%

16 9.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Ukraine-scaled.jpg

WhoKnows

I watched an interview with Nastya recently and she came off as having a pretty high opinion of herself. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I bring it up to say that unless she's internally selected, there is no way she's doing Vidbir. I can't see her subjecting herself to criticism from Prytula or Jamala only to lose to Viktoriya Petrik.

Michelle, though, I'm surprised we haven't seen her yet.

Nikitin (Kazka's producer) has a new project - GRLS. They released their first single a couple days ago. In Ukrainian. Unless they completely fail to register, I expect to see them at Vidbir in the next couple years.
https://youtu.be/5VE6QhD3m7E

AlekS

Veteran
R4HSNHo.jpg

NK, Verka Danylko, Olya Polyakova and Alessandro Safina became the new X Factor judges/team leaders.

More chances that NK won't take part in Vidbir even despite it's produced by the same channel. Those who like Polyakova better hope for internal selection (which is highly unlikely at this point).

WhoKnows

More chances that NK won't take part in Vidbir even despite it's produced by the same channel. Those who like Polyakova better hope for internal selection (which is highly unlikely at this point).

Why? Is there some kind of conflict between XFactor and Vidbir?

Italian guy on the jury? How is he going to communicate with everyone on the show?

AlekS

Veteran
Why? Is there some kind of conflict between XFactor and Vidbir?

Italian guy on the jury? How is he going to communicate with everyone on the show?
X Factor live shows coincide with submission period of Vidbir. That's like 3-4 full busy days per week (rehearsals, video shooting for each show, working with her team, promo work). Not to mention that she's a busy star. I bet she will start recording the new album and release the new song right when live shows start ;) , meaning corporate gigs and maybe even a tour, shooting music videos and commercials in between, promo appearances etc. + another visit to the US in January? The Hardkiss said they had no time left for Vidbir in the same situation when Yulya was a judge.

He's going to communicate via interpreter. + NK knows Italian. She lived there, you know ;)

Yoozek

maxresdefault.jpg

Can anyone wake this one up? What the @$&! is she thinking while creating new songs.

She had the best, the fullest package in the entire Eurovision. Up to this day.
Here are 17 reasons why:

1. She came to the natinal final with a bomb, that'd been never seen before ( 'Kukushka'). "Oh, it's too weak?" she thought and skipped a year after she's finished 2nd. Then, she came with even bigger bomb.
2. She co-wrote the song with her friend.
3. That song. That first version of it. Girl, you know if the song is good when you're already halfway through it and there's still no chorus. The more you wait, the more you're getting ready to be slayed.
4. It was 75% refreshing and 25% bringing childhood memories back with Lion King vibes. I could listen to it for days and I've searched everywhere for the instrumental version of it.
5. She loved the song. She wasn't just performing it - She was living for it.
6. She slayed. Every. Single. Note. I remember these goosebumps. It was the first time ever when I've wanted the song (hearing it for the first time in the NF) to go in a way my mind wanted it to go - and the song actually did go in that very same direction. It was mindblowing at a time.
7. She won both tele and jury votes. Since then no one did that in your NF
8. The revamp. Gathering ideas, there was some kind of public "send a letter with your thoughts" thing if I remember correctly?
9. Don't get me started on how clever the revamp was. "I'm not afraid" got replaced with "I feel no fear" just so she could show off her perfect voice even better . It also created a bigger, more dramatic moment before the next chorus.
11. At first I didn't like it, but then she came as a performing guest to yuna awards. This was the first time I was gagged because of an eurovision artist
12. She had a performance that was too advanced technically to implement for that stage/year. She came with something, you've seen something else. You didn't even notice it wasn't meant to look like that. Professionalism.
13. She tried out different ideas in rehearsals, totally different outfits and light setups. Picked the best options. Every. Single. Time.
14. Performance started in a weird way, but most people were like "What the &$@*?! Hey wifey, come and see this one!". Got everyone's attention. Bull's eye once again.
15. All of the camera shots were perfectly matched with what was going on there on the stage.
16. Backing singers were on point, helping but not overdoing. She, again, didn't miss a note.
17. Unless you're into Serhat, she is most likely in your TOP10 of most beautiful Eurovision women up to this day.

Loindici

Veteran
Zlata back! She's one of the few that can make their live version better than its studio cut!

AlekS

Veteran
Proud to be a member of her focus group that helped her to improve the song (not exactly how I wanted tho, I live for those strings from the NF demo) and helped her to choose the right dress for ESC live shows.
But I don't wanna see her again at ESC with something like her old material. She has already had her swan song. Let other performers to take part. Or create a bop and make me spend all money on the votes xheya Allow Сила to lose its bop-virginity and create a real masterpiece that will put Foureira to shame.

DaFlo

Banned

Take what you take
Make what you dream of
Make a sweet escape
Don’t hesitate
Don’t stop believing
Real love is not fade
Fade away
Fade away
Fade away
Fade awa a a ay

xsing

Eurovision when?

Hopefully never should've sent them when ya hosted *yeezyshrug*

Mainshow

Veteran
Ukraine should just nominate KAZKA internally and let them sing a well-produced, modern, memorable track performed in Ukrainian.

Ukraine would be happy, fans would be happy and Ukraine would get a Top 10 result effortlessly.

Ezio

Veteran
I want Jamala with her song "Crimea is Ukraine"

AlekS

Veteran
Ukraine should just nominate KAZKA internally and let them sing a well-produced, modern, memorable track performed in Ukrainian.

Few minutes ago at Voice Kids with their new song:

(skip to 1:20)

Sasha's vocals were heavily altered by sound engineers or they were pre-recorded, the ending was fully live :?
GRLS were on the backing vocals, I want them more.

AlekS

Veteran
The season hasn't even started but controversy & drama are already in xyaay

From JESC NF rules: UA:pBC will not accept entries from performers who used to give concerts in Russia or in occupied territories since January 2014.

Most def it's been approved by the EBU already. No controversy for me but for certain people... the flame in asses is burning.
The new UA:pBC bosses will cancel this rule tho, probably :lol:

ps. Another stupid move from UA:pBC team. Instead of creating such rules & drama simply don't select those who entertain murderers and war criminals (or all the people who chose such person as their president). This rule wouldn't be needed if you were doing your job :rolleyes:
If you're not involved in NF selection, don't complain when other channel chooses controversial entry for you. If you don't want such performers to politicize Eurovision against our country, don't bring such unnecessary attention yourself :p Just do your job.

Fierro

I would limited this rule only to artists that perform on russian TV channels. Although... that would mean Polyakova is out despite she is openly not-prorussian.

WhoKnows

The season hasn't even started but controversy & drama are already in xyaay

From JESC NF rules: UA:pBC will not accept entries from performers who used to give concerts in Russia or in occupied territories since January 2014.

Most def it's been approved by the EBU already. No controversy for me but for certain people... the flame in asses is burning.
The new UA:pBC bosses will cancel this rule tho, probably :lol:

ps. Another stupid move from UA:pBC team. Instead of creating such rules & drama simply don't select those who entertain murderers and war criminals (or all the people who chose such person as their president). This rule wouldn't be needed if you were doing your job :rolleyes:
If you're not involved in NF selection, don't complain when other channel chooses controversial entry for you. If you don't want such performers to politicize Eurovision against our country, don't bring such unnecessary attention yourself :p Just do your job.

I think that's a good idea tbh. I'd rather it were a clear-cut rule than having a Maruv situation repeat itself. The only issue I see is, how are they going to verify who did or didn't perform in Russia? Since they make it an official rule, you just know that once they announce the lineup, people will start snooping around and find out that half of the acts had a concert in the middle of Russia somewhere five years ago. Then what? What if that info comes out after the winner is selected?

AlekS

Veteran
^ I think it's a good idea too ;) but I don't like how it's outlined. Even Jamala performed in Sochi :lol:
And the Hardkiss. Many anti-Putin performers were "trapped" in contract obligations (or did it for their friends who don't support the aggression) and stopped performing there after giving 1-2 concerts or continued their tour and haven't performed since then. What about them?
Imho each case is different and creating a rule which equals real scum (the queen of paultry farm :rolleyes: ) or someone like Alekseev whose producer called all modern Western Ukrainians a nazis :eek: ... with Jamala or The Hardkiss... dafuq.

WhoKnows

Jamala was exactly the one I thought of as well. There's definitely a difference between someone who went there once under special circumstances or even those that did go regularly at one point but stopped, and those that regularly tour and perform there, and do so openly and brazenly like Alekseev, Barskih, Loboda, Maruv, etc.

AlekS

Veteran
The Presidential Office again confirmed their intentions to fund UA:pBC in 2020 fully and they will change the funding model finally.
UA:pBC will receive their guaranteed share from the fees for the use of radio frequency resource.
Presidential party can get 45-50% of places in the parliament + the loyal PM so it won't be a problem to provide these changes until January. Will they fund our ESC participant is another question.

Top Bottom