3 1.8%

16 9.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Ukraine-scaled.jpg

A-lister

Veteran
I believe they ALL now have released a song in Ukrainian - Nastya, ViS, Ingret, Mozgi and now Michelle. Is there anyone I'm missing? I'm sure some might accuse them of not being authentic or whatever but I don't care. I'll take it any way we get it. Baby steps but the progress is noticeable.

Is Michelle really that bad live? I thought she was ok on The Voice, no?

Ingret? I missed this one... so those are all on Mozgi? I dunno, she always seems to sing playback and her voice sounds weak even in studio versions... generally I think Mozgi might eventually drop her, they are pushing her alot but she has yet to have one actual hit and frankly the pseudo latin songs with bad production isn't really helping her "case".... they can put her on as many TV shows they can, but the material speaks for itself and it seems she gets the left-overs...

I'm afraid a certain new president with a certain new cabinet might take away the quota, which would really be a major setback for the Ukrainian language... but I guess we should be happy as long as it lasts...

WhoKnows

Ingret? I missed this one... so those are all on Mozgi? I dunno, she always seems to sing playback and her voice sounds weak even in studio versions... generally I think Mozgi might eventually drop her, they are pushing her alot but she has yet to have one actual hit and frankly the pseudo latin songs with bad production isn't really helping her "case".... they can put her on as many TV shows they can, but the material speaks for itself and it seems she gets the left-overs...

I'm afraid a certain new president with a certain new cabinet might take away the quota, which would really be a major setback for the Ukrainian language... but I guess we should be happy as long as it lasts...

A few months ago I watched an interview with Irina Gorova (she's the "Mozgi" in Mozgi Entertainment - Potap is the "Entertainment") and she was saying how it's just now that Michelle started to make money for them. Ingret isn't making them any money yet. But they seem committed to their acts. Idk, we'll see.

AlekS

Veteran
I like this, cool song...
She presented the song at UA:pBC radio first.
In the video there's a dancer who works for Maruv.
She has already taken part in Belarusian selection (she's Belarusian) in 2016:

(she sounds much better now)

She moved to Ukraine and took part in the Voice. Meaning that Kvinta has already worked with her.
She started writing songs in Ukrainian. And this became her 1st big release.

From what I've heard another new song will be cool as well :twisted:

A-lister

Veteran
She presented it at UA:pBC's radio first.
In the video there's a dancer who works for Maruv.
She has already taken part in Belarusian selection (she's Belarusian) in 2016:

She moved to Ukraine and took part in the Voice. Meaning that Kvinta has already worked with her.
She started writing songs in Ukrainian. And this became her 1st big release.

From what I've heard the 2nd single will be cool as well :twisted:

Ok, fortunately I must have totally forgotten about this entrant in the Belarusian selection... that was bad so no wonder if I forgot it already :lol:

However with this Kvinta production she seems potentially interesting... there is already a second song out? Shouldn't they wait and see what will happen with this first major release? Anyways, if that song is meant for Vidbir, I'd be all for it!

A-lister

Veteran
^ Not out yet :cool:

No, they don't plan to change quotas. Confirmed by new minister of culture. Potap & his team are very close to Z btw.

Well, we are only some months into this new presidency and cabinet so I guess only the future will tell... considering what the president said earlier about the language laws and all these trolls suddenly coming back to Ukraine makes me sceptical at best... anyways let's hope they stick to their words but politicians are never to be trusted... I guess Ukrainians know better than anyone about that :lol:

Potap & his team were all Russian just recently so they couldn't care less, they just want their stuff on the radio so I think it's more opportunism than some profound love for the national language :lol:

Monatik seems to be the only major act so far that hasn't released a proper Ukrainian language single right?... also Max Barskih and Loboda (but they seem to be all focused on the Russian market so no surprise).

AlekS

Veteran
Well, we are only some months into this new presidency and cabinet so I guess only the future will tell... considering what the president said earlier about the language laws and all these trolls suddenly coming back to Ukraine makes me sceptical at best... anyways let's hope they stick to their words but politicians are never to be trusted... I guess Ukrainians know better than anyone about that :lol:
This minister is the former Head of STB broadcaster so I do believe him xshrug

As for Potap, and especially Mozgi. Their songs are too dumb for my perception :?

WhoKnows

Monatik seems to be the only major act so far that hasn't released a proper Ukrainian language single right?... also Max Barskih and Loboda (but they seem to be all focused on the Russian market so no surprise).

Also NeAngely, Olya Polyakova, Alekseev (aside from that Iryna Bilyk cover). Who else?

Putting aside the fact that Monatik's popularity is completely confusing to me, I'm actually very surprised that he doesn't have a single song in Ukrainian (that duet or whatever with Matviyenko doesn't count). Moreover, nobody seems to be bothering him about that either.

AlekS

Veteran
Moreover, nobody seems to be bothering him about that either.
And he has never toured Russia since 2014. So why be bothered?

Didn't Polyakova write "Hasta La Vista Separatista"? :lol: I'm more worried by her intellectual abilities (and people who visit her concerts) but that's another story.
She said she will visit Russia only after they stop their aggression, even despite her mom lives there.

WhoKnows

And he has never toured Russia since 2014. So why be bothered?

Didn't Polyakova write "Hasta La Vista Separatista"? :lol: I'm more worried by her intellectual abilities (and people who visit her concerts) but that's another story.
She said she will visit Russia only after they stop their aggression, even despite her mom lives there.

Didn't Monatik do a commercial for Russia for a big brand a couple years ago? I thought he'd get a backlash for that, but he got away unscathed. He must have a good PR team.

Did not know that about Polyakova's mom. I know the Hasta Lavista song but that was still in Russia. I'm still waiting for her to record something in Ukrainian. I did see some clips of her speaking Ukrainian on xfactor last week. Think that was a first. Maybe a song is next. And Alex, don't hate on her music. It's so much fun! Koroleva Nochi is the bomb.

AlekS

Veteran
Didn't Monatik do a commercial for Russia for a big brand a couple years ago? I thought he'd get a backlash for that, but he got away unscathed. He must have a good PR team.
Didn't he receive money from aggressor and gave it to his homecountry? I would did the same thing ;)
I'd gave all money to our soldiers or invested into ammo factory.
The one who should worry are Russian performers who didn't receive those money.
He didn't perform there, touring is different, imo. If mobile operator can hire literally anyone, tour managers are very limited in their choice and refusal would bring them bigger economic damage. If it's commercials, then it makes sense to take money.

Did not know that about Polyakova's mom. I know the Hasta Lavista song but that was still in Russian. I'm still waiting for her to record something in Ukrainian. I did see some clips of her speaking Ukrainian on xfactor last week. Think that was a first. Maybe a song is next. And Alex, don't hate on her music. It's so much fun! Koroleva Nochi is the bomb.
When I hear a song in Russian I skip to another one. That language was one of few excuses why they started a war: "There are our people!", "Everyone who speaks Russian is Russian by nationality" etc. Their politicians created a weapon of their language. Talking about promo products only! I don't mind speaking in Russian or hearing it in real life xshrug but not on TV, shows, songs, movies etc. It reminds me of war and everything I've seen and experienced. When I hear that language in the media - gurl bye!

bXF2KJ0.gif

WhoKnows

Didn't he receive money from aggressor and gave it to his homecountry? I would did the same thing ;)
I'd gave all money to our soldiers or invested into ammo factory.
The one who should worry are Russian performers who didn't receive those money.
He didn't perform there, touring is different, imo. If mobile operator can hire literally anyone, tour agencies are very limited in their choice and refusal would bring them bigger economic damage. If it's commercials, then it makes sense to take money.

If you're justifying his ad by saying he gave money from it to the home country and army, then I don't know why you think that performing there is different.

AlekS

Veteran
If you're justifying his ad by saying he gave money from it to the home country and army, then I don't know why you think that performing there is different.
I'm not justifying anything, we are not in the court :rolleyes: I've already explained clearly but I'll repeat again. Mobile operator which hired Monatik can receive profit by inviting someone else (an actor or even ordinary person via casting) because his popularity means nothing - the best ads don't necessary feature famous people.
It's much harder for tour managers to find a talented performer. No Monatik or other popular performers = no profit. He took their money for ads and didn't pay their tour managers and promoters - perfect combination (Kalomira style :cool: ).
Most def he shot everything in Kyiv using green screen so he didn't even pass the border.
Ads mean them investing into their own economy. Touring means you spending 2 or more months of your life there with some propahandist media giving you attention all this time, you invest into them, you pay their staff, transportation, their promo bs, hotels, food etc.

AlekS

Veteran
The new song by Alyona Alyona:

xbow

Very brief appearances by ONUKA at 2:35 and :uk: Skepta in the end.

ps. Waiting for Jamala & Jah Khalib (famous Kazakh rapper who moved to Ukraine, 2 songs with 100+ milion views on YT) song, heard a snippet and it's awesome.

ps2. The new song from The Hardkiss xheart

#1 in YT trends.

Fierro

I cam a bit surprised why this song of The Hardkiss is so popular. This is one of their "just normal" songs

But.. GO ALYONA!

AlekS

Veteran
Jerry Heil released the new song. Slightly less than 3 minutes :rolleyes:

But dayum... this new BOP:

Maruv had a steamy sex loving with Melanie Martinez xheat

WhoKnows

:ua: :ro: Myata said she will probably submit a song in English, written/produced by Vanotek.

Guessing this is the song. It'sok. I was hoping for something better. Vanotek can do better.

She tagged it on her Instagram as #evrovision2020.

Top Bottom