7 4.2%

3 1.8%

16 9.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Ukraine-scaled.jpg

WhoKnows

Well, if Vanotek does write the song, it would be different from her usual stuff anyway. I love some of Vanotek's tracks - Back to Me and Tell Me Who are two of my most played songs the last few years, but he can be a hit or miss.

njdevils94

Veteran
[MENTION=4377]AlekS[/MENTION]

Is there any chance than NK would take part in Vidbir (or whatever method they choose) selection next year?

AlekS

Veteran
[MENTION=4377]AlekS[/MENTION]

Is there any chance than NK would take part in Vidbir (or whatever method they choose) selection next year?
That would be weird if X Factor judge decides to take part ... while Verka another X Factor judge is in the jury most def.

Not so weird for Vidbir tho :lol: But associated acts usually get skinned alive judged even harsher & sometimes even stay in the semis :rolleyes:

"Apart" was created by the dude who selects the songs for Vidbir ;) at his studio. And yet KAZKA finished at the 3rd place, even despite their previous hit has had more than 250 million views on YT.

It's too risky for NK, imo. You can be the most popular act at the moment and still barely finish in the top-3.

AlekS

Veteran
Somebody else is gonna ask uncomfortable questions. Jamala said she will pause her career after the tour to have the 2nd baby.

I'm suspicious that STB can change Vidbir's sound producer (the person who invites performers & selects songs).

WhoKnows

Somebody else is gonna ask uncomfortable questions. Jamala said she will pause her career after the tour to have the 2nd baby.

I'm suspicious that STB can change Vidbir's sound producer (the person who invites performers & selects songs).

Maybe Badoev? :lol: I'm not as familiar with the behind the scenes people. Other than Kvinta and Meladze, who are some other big name producers? I imagine they'll want someone with some pull in the business to get bigger names to take part.

Also, I want Ruslana back. And take a break from Danylko. Maybe get Potap instead?

Fierro

Omg i was thinking just this morning about what if Jamala would like to have 2nd baby.

Idk why these thoughts visit me after waking up

AlekS

Veteran
Even if they change Kvinta I believe it will be a joint selection, between STB & PBC.
Imho, 1 person from PBC can join 1 current person from STB with the new sound producer representing STB.
The Maneken? That would be a perfect candidate for both channels.
Badoev is a video director, not composer. But it would mean more slutpop :D

... and twinks xwhistle

:lol:

Meanwhile ONUKA gave 3 concerts in China:

Vienna, NY, Philly, Chicago and Toronto are coming in October. Hopefully she changes her mind. I know that she followed the previous Vidbir.

Maruv said she won't take part.

There's a slight chance to see Alyona Alyona, she's on tour too:

If The Maneken is involved I bet they will invite TVORCHI:

If Kvinta stays I bet we can see this one:

WhoKnows

The Maneken is too... niche and intellectual to be in charge. He probably wouldn't let any conventional pop songs through. Besides, would he be able to convince big names to take part?

Maruv better not come anywhere near the NF ever again.

A-lister

Veteran
If Kvinta stays I bet we can see this one:

I like this, cool song, the chorus is addictive and when the male choir kicks in giving it a sort of folky vibe blending with the modern takes the song to a higher level!!! xmusic Just this song alone is miles above the past couple of entries Ukraine sent to ESC, and maybe bar Jamala, it would have been the best Ukrainian entry since Alyosha! :eek:

A-lister

Veteran
easy task in my ranking. :mrgreen:

True true, well I liked Jamala, but the others were mediocre at best (well Zlata was pretty ok, Gaitana and Mariya works in some contexts but still meh compared to Ukraine's glory days 2004, 2006-2010).

A-lister

Veteran
MamaRika (previously Erika) just released her new track, which is under 3 minutes... a candidate maybe? It's a cool track. She already competed in Vidbir 2017 with the crappy We Are One, but lately she has really grown into her own and released some pretty dope tracks and I wouldn't mind seeing her in ESC for Ukraine.

Sammy

Veteran
True true, well I liked Jamala, but the others were mediocre at best (well Zlata was pretty ok, Gaitana and Mariya works in some contexts but still meh compared to Ukraine's glory days 2004, 2006-2010).

I rather meant that nearly ANY ukrainian entry was better than Alyosha in my ranking. (With the exception of Gaetana perhaps)

A-lister

Veteran

The first Michele Andrade song that is tolerable... but nah... she'd be slaughtered by the ESC juries for being a weak live singer...

Potap is really going hard with the Ukrainian language lately? Soon all Mozgi acts have released at least one major Ukrainian language release... I guess the language quota really has a good effect.

WhoKnows

The first Michele Andrade song that is tolerable... but nah... she'd be slaughtered by the ESC juries for being a weak live singer...

Potap is really going hard with the Ukrainian language lately? Soon all Mozgi acts have released at least one major Ukrainian language release... I guess the language quota really has a good effect.

I believe they ALL now have released a song in Ukrainian - Nastya, ViS, Ingret, Mozgi and now Michelle. Is there anyone I'm missing? I'm sure some might accuse them of not being authentic or whatever but I don't care. I'll take it any way we get it. Baby steps but the progress is noticeable.

Is Michelle really that bad live? I thought she was ok on The Voice, no?

ESC94

Well, on one side im happy that :ua: is back in the contest, since I want as many countries as possible, but on the other side I found most of their entries pretty overrated, especially "Angel" in 2011. :?

Top Bottom