10 5.2%

8 4.1%

10 5.2%

18 9.3%

• Total voters

AlekS

Veteran
For a moment I thought we're gonna do Poland 2016 come back :lol:

Overall he was my 6th personal fave of the night so 7th in televoting was great. I still think that the running order has nothing to do with the results.

The jury gave 17 (!) 0's to Jamala so I kinda expected something like this. I've heard the jury show and he deserved much more than that. Whatever :lol:

Fierro

How is crap from Moldova is in Top-10 while this is out of top-15???

Last place from juries is nonsense. Especially from neighbours.

I have no words.

Carian

How is crap from Moldova is in Top-10 while this is out of top-15???

I have no words.

Politics? I think Ukraine is losing popularity among neighbours. Well, this is how it works. I wonder if Ukraine got any points from Russian televote. I am actually very curious.

Fierro

Politics? I think Ukraine is losing popularity among neighbours. Well, this is how it works. I wonder if Ukraine got any points from Russian televote. I am actually very curious.

Politics has nothing to do with this. Look at :il: results today and :ru: placings in 2013-2016.

Carian

Politics has nothing to do with this. Look at :il: results today and :ru: placings in 2013-2016.

You were asking about neighbours' votes. I have given you one possible explanation. As for Russia, we know that Russia always fares superbly in televote if they send their top stars. Who sabotaged Russia in 2016? Juries, not televotes. Russia was always top thanks to televotes, not juries.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Last was certainly a shock, all I can think off is that his poor english damaged it but absolutely last was not deserved at all. Luckily the televote boosted you up there.

AlekS

Veteran
Did you really expect the jury points from our political enemies?

Russia, Armenia, Hungary, Belarus... Azerbaijan & Poland are going in that direction as well? After the EBU's demands to change our laws just to please Russia? Esp certain Western broadcasters were really vocal about that.

PashonFrut

Vampire dude is so cute with his black hair and pale skin xheart

Fierro

Anyway, we placed 7th with Televote! So I think Ukraine has done another Top-10 result tonight. Congratulations Melovin!

Alaska49

so, the task is even easier for melovin - he needs to be better than 15th!
nope. every single ukrainian woman remains better placed than every single ukrainian man in eurovision.

DON'T STRAY FROM YOUR DESTINED PATH, UKRAINE.

(melovin was super robbed though)

AlekS

Veteran
Anyway, we placed 7th with Televote!
Which kinda broke our "Ukrainian male entries" curse :lol: :cool:

Mariya Yaremchuk - 8th (also the show opener)
Loboda - 12th
Alyosha - 13th
Gaitana - 20th (3rd last in the semi, lol)

Brandt

Juries have been criminally unfair to Mélovin. He rocked the stage and did everything perfectly fine. At least the public has some taste.

A-lister

Veteran
Well, what did I say when this won the Ukrainian selection? xshrug

I think Melovin deserved better than ending dead-last with the juries, the performance is still one of the better ones in this year's ESC (although his English is still a mess and sometimes you don't know what language he sings in), and although the song is just a so-so male teen Pop song for fangirls, it's still not the worst. However, I expected this to score midscore and it seems that's what happened. That's sort of karma for not choosing the overall package Tayanna who would have SLAYED!, but oh well, hopefully with these two mediocre results now (2017-2018), you'll understand next year what your strongest suit really is and not let some fangirls ruin the results again.

AlekS

Veteran
^ Tayanna would have received the same shitload of 0's from the juries xshrug You see it yourself they're biased af.

As for :ua: our jury:

12 - France
10 - Israel
8 - The Netherlands
7 - Austria
6 - Sweden
5 - Slovenia
4 - Czech Republic
3 - Denmark
2 - Australia
1 - Estonia

Surprised about the Netherlands, Slovenia and Sweden. And 0 to Cyprus. I thought that Estonia would win the jury vote overall.

Televoting:

12 - Israel
10 - Czech Republic (lol @ switching the votes between our twinks)
8 - Denmark (my mom's fave)
7 - France
6 - Moldova
5 - Italy
4 - Cyprus
3 - Estonia
2 - Lithuania
1 - Hungary

Really pleased with our televoting. Surprised (in a good way) that Moldova is so low. Very balanced imo.
Only 3 televoting points to Russia (their lowest scores ever from us) in the semi.
Meaning that if Russia got to the final they would received 0 from our televoters.

WhoKnows

Yeah, last with the juries is obviously nonsense. No way he deserved it. 7th was, honestly, where he should've been overall. So at least he has the televote to comfort him.

I don't think Tayanna would've done much better with Leila. It would've been an overcooked mess on stage with Badoev in charge, and the song wasn't all that to begin with. She would've had done better with I Love You.

A-lister

Veteran
^ Tayanna would have received the same shitload of 0's from the juries xshrug You see it yourself they're biased af.

I don't think Tayanna would've done much better with Leila. It would've been an overcooked mess on stage with Badoev in charge, and the song wasn't all that to begin with. She would've had done better with I Love You.

xnaughty

Both wrong here, but it's too late to find out now is it xshrug, let's look into the future instead and hope Ukraine does what it does best and that IS "overcooked mess" :lol: with hot STRONG female Pop performers and catchy songs xcheer

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Very happy with this megaflop!

Viktor77

This song was a lot of fun and it surprised me at Semi Final 2 because I dismissed it back in April so I had very low expectations. I ended up really enjoying it and listening to it over and over.

The only thing is I do not understand what he is saying! English is my native tongue but I only understand words here and there so I still don't know what his message was.

Top Bottom