24 8.5%

16 5.7%

24 8.5%

23 8.1%

62 21.9%

• Total voters

A-lister

Veteran
I wanted her to qualify, but she should stop over-singing, she basically screamed during her performance... I would say tone it down a bit lady! :lol: More is not always better!

musicfan

Where the hell did the backing singers disappear to!? I still like the song but I used to love it, the contrast of the lighter sound of the backing singers and her strong voice was brilliant. Now she's the only singer it lacks the variety in the vocal part. They didn't ruin it as much as the Croatian entry did in reworking their song, but I still think they made it weaker.

A-lister

Veteran
My personal tip for Saturday:

- Don't oversing! You have a strong voice as it is, no need for over-singing or wailing.

- DON'T sing the nana parts!! Let the trumpets speak for themselves, they're cool and singing nana just makes it all annoying, especially when oversung that way.

If these things can be fixed, I can see Ukraine ending at a good position.

A-lister

Veteran
Where the hell did the backing singers disappear to!? I still like the song but I used to love it, the contrast of the lighter sound of the backing singers and her strong voice was brilliant. Now she's the only singer it lacks the variety in the vocal part. They didn't ruin it as much as the Croatian entry did in reworking their song, but I still think they made it weaker.

I actually disagree, the new Croatian version >>>>>>>>>>>>> old one... and adding the trumpets in the Ukrainian one during the "nana" parts made it better... I would even prefered the nana parts to be totally deleted as they are silly and irritating.. and just go with the instrumental parts in those bits.

Terence

My personal tip for Saturday:

- Don't oversing! You have a strong voice as it is, no need for over-singing or wailing.

You're right there. This (and Estonia) both suffered from over-singing! (Although IMO the stage presentation was a bit too much as well)

evilperson

She (like mostly everyone else) will surely perform a lot better in the final now that she got there.

I really liked the performance and this sort of pisses all over Moldova.
I think the only thing I didn't like were the dancers which didn't really add anything to the performance and were lost among the screens.

AlekS

Veteran
^ And again I completely agree with you. Also she can change her dress, the camera angles will be different for sure.
It seemed incredible from the venue - everyone stood up and danced, it was so much fun :D It seemed a lil' bit dead/sterile on the TV :( And not only for our entry, camera work was screwed almost for everyone (((

437745_3_600.jpg

5659_300_width.jpg

Ukrainian spokesperson is... Mattias (the guy is desperate for ESC :lol: ):
f4f55981ebcf.jpg

Even despite the 2nd semi coincided with the most rating show ("Bachelorette") final, almost 3 mil. people chose Eurovision which is better than 2011 :D

Yamarus

What an utterly charmless song. A pity really, because Gaitana is bootylicious.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
This is a lot better in studio, I have to admit. I miss the na-na-na-na-na-nas, it's just empty without them :( This is gonna get a big boost from the draw though...

Prediction: 11th-15th

rajo

I hope she improves, because she became my guilty pleasure until she screwed up in the Semifinals..... the singing was painful to hear, and the performance a colourful and uninspiring mess.

WhoKnows

Aww, poor Gaitana. She deserved better. I thought she would do way better. :(

No regret though. I still think she was divine and gave a great performance.

Fluke

Amazing performance, stupid song. Maybe she should make another try at the contest soon though, i have a feeling she will.... ;)

AlekS

Veteran
Ukraine, say thank you to your dear neighbours :)
Austria should thank Switzerland for 5pts out of 8 ;) :lol:

Just 3 points from Azerbaijan and only 6 from Georgia.
Estonia and Latvia don't vote for us constantly
icon_e_confused.gif

Portugal and Spain gave us 0 last time. Greece, Ireland, Macedonia, Malta, Norway?

btw I & my family voted for Macedonia, Russia and Azerbaijan. Is it a crime or something?

Insomnia

I really like this song (even live), but I've got a feeling she missed out on quite a lot of points by not bringing any backing-vocalists to Baku :(

Top Bottom