9 4.8%

14 7.5%

12 6.4%

40 21.4%

• Total voters

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Ukrainian representative of 2011, Mika Newton, has released a brand new song called “Let It Rain”. The brand new song was produced by Walter Afanasieffand and was also written by Walter Afanasieff alongside Michelle Lewis and Adrian Bradford

AlekS

Veteran
^ They could change "Angel" and "Let It Rain" could be our official entry instead but Mika decided do not provoke even bigger fuss.
Vocally it's more complicated and it's uptempo ... there are national instruments in the intro, as well as Mexican influence and backing vocals.
The stage presentation would be absolutely different. More into Ani Lorak 2008, with dancers and complicated choreography.

Last edited:

sannerz

It's an amazing song.
I would've actually liked the Ukrainian entry had she entered with this. And she would've been even closer to winning.
Great song.

AlekS

Veteran
Ukrainian representative of 2011, Mika Newton, has released a brand new song called “Let It Rain”. The brand new song was produced by Walter Afanasieffand and was also written by Walter Afanasieff alongside Michelle Lewis and Adrian Bradford
2011+MTV+Video+Music+Awards+LottSndcAq0l.jpg

The first international single "Come Out and Play" will be released on American music channels in the beginning of January.
They've just started shooting the video. The video director Ray Kay worked with Lady Gaga, Adam Lambert, Enrique Iglesias, Kat DeLuna etc.
ray_kay_ciara_enrique_iglesias.jpg

Mika together with her new producer:
mika_newton_producer_julia_kurbatova.jpg

evilperson

Re: UKRAINE 2012

I don't necessarily dislike Mika, but Angels was a very uninspired song imo, I'm still amazed at its success in Eurovision to be honest.

It was all because of the sand lady! Sand can do wonders even with the most mediocre of things, as proven with that 4th place!

Can't believe how people dislike it... It's something huge and a milion time better than the winner Rolling Scare Movie

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Mika Newton, Ukraine's 2011 contestant, has gone over to the US after being signed to Randy Jackson's label. Jackson has been the longest-serving judge on American Idol and is a brilliant producer and a musician who I remember once seeing in concert wearing some kind of space suit. Mika's got a single coming out called "Come Out and Play", which the press release around the song promises it to be "a positive message to enjoy life no matter what the day brings you"

Realest

I still love this Song. In the Opposite to many Comments she didnt do well because of the show, but because of the Song and her voice.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
So, a random new Mika Newton's album has just appeared in Spotify. I wonder, are these new songs or maybe just English translations of her old Russian ones? Does anybody know?

Top Bottom