14 7.5%

15 8.0%

9 4.8%

14 7.5%

12 6.4%

40 21.4%

• Total voters

Narmina

It was a great surprise for me when Mika finished 4th. But I am happy for you Ukraine and especially Aleks. You got 12 points from all our heart! Thanks for 10 points you gave us! Kisses from Azerbaijan! xkiss

lucian-crusher

This is not because of the sand artist! This is a great song! I gave it 12 since it was chosen! You people hated just because your favourites (Anastasiya/Jamala/Zlata) didn't win instead of this!

Cooler

Banned
She had weak voice yesterday though.

AlekS

Veteran
^ Nope it did :) oh, wait it's already in the top-5 :D

AlekS

Veteran
She had weak voice yesterday though.
Bullsh-t. I saw all her rehearsals and performances. She had her best vocals actually.
Oh, and I'm happy... Balkans haven't supported us so much since 2004 :shock: Considering that we had not so many ballads, I'm happy that we appealed the most.

AlekS

Veteran
This is not because of the sand artist! This is a great song! I gave it 12 since it was chosen! You people hated just because your favourites (Anastasiya/Jamala/Zlata) didn't win instead of this!

They hate it becaus ethey hate Ukraine in general ;)
Every year - same group of people... it doesn't matter what we send - it still will be hated and I'm still gona get "Ukrainain wh-res", "Let's boycott Ukraine" and really ridiculous reasons to hate us.

They don't give a crap if we have people who actually liked this song. It doesn't matter - it's only about their taste.

It was a great surprise for me when Mika finished 4th. But I am happy for you Ukraine and especially Aleks. You got 12 points from all our heart! Thanks for 10 points you gave us! Kisses from Azerbaijan! xkiss
See? I was right :lol: Didn't expect that Amaury will be so weak and Alex will be so pale. s I've said on the jury's rehearsal we've got the best draw + camera work and the vocals were improved. I'm happy that we sent a ballad :p

We sent a song with typical Slavic vocals and style and we received points from Slavic countries. The biggets surprise for me were the points from Greece and Turkey.
I was shocked that Armenia gave us 12 instead of Russia or Georgia or Greece. I was shocked with the Russian 10, I thought they will give her 2pts like to Loboda.
Slovakia gave us 0 last year and this year it's 12 :shock:

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

It was because of Ksenia, it is so obvious. I quite liked the song (best from the NF) , but every review I've seen craps all over it. The sand art took it to another level and got it the big votes.

WhoKnows

I was most disappointed by the Baltic non-votes for Ukraine last night. Their votes came off as so pretentious and as trying to distance themselves from the USSR somehow. NOT A SINGLE POINT to Ukraine from all three. Yet, Latvia gives 12 to Italy?

Sarang

Although I did enjoy the sand gimmick, this entry did not deserve to come 4th yesterday- very average song and bad (shouty) singer. Sorry Ukraine! Hope you send something amazing similar to Wild Dances or Shady Lady next year!

AlekS

Veteran
I was most disappointed by the Baltic non-votes for Ukraine last night. Their votes came off as so pretentious and as trying to distance themselves from the USSR somehow. NOT A SINGLE POINT to Ukraine from all three. Yet, Latvia gives 12 to Italy?
I didn't expect any points from them because they aren't Slavic. Such ballads aren't typical for them. Just like for the Western Europe.
Since the very beginning in the NF I said that this song is too local, they changed the arrangement but it didn't work. It's too Slavic, just like almost every song which comes from Kvinta :lol:

WhoKnows

I didn't expect any points from them because they aren't Slavic. Such ballads aren't typical for them. Just like for the Western Europe.
Since the very beginning in the NF I said that this song is too local, they changed the arrangement but it didn't work. It's too Slavic, just like almost every song which comes from Kvinta :lol:

But what's that guy's name who wrote hits for Pugacheva and Vaikule, didn't he come from the Baltics? They're not completely removed from the ex-Soviet music taste, and I wasn't expecting 12 points from, at least a couple here and there would be nice. Especially as Greece and Italy gave Ukraine 7.

lucian-crusher

It was because of Ksenia, it is so obvious. I quite liked the song (best from the NF) , but every review I've seen craps all over it. The sand art took it to another level and got it the big votes.

The reviews you saw where from Eurovision fans that either hated the song because their favourite didn't win the NF, either from Eurovision fans that hate :ua: because they always have scandals or when they don't have scandals they send bold enties (Verka, Loboda). The Eurovision fans that know the song before represet maximum 20 % of the people voting, while the other 80 % heard the song from the first time and didn't even knew the Ukrainean NF scandals....

Ukraine

Re: UKRAINE 2011 - Mika Newton - Angel I'm surprised it's 4th

Yes! Jamala))) I thought this year she would go. I was so surprised to learn Maka was chosen :shock:
I think her voice .....hm... is for lockal audience. We have a lot of Talants. Also yhanks to dif talant shows. A LOT OF. This year I think Europe votwd for Simonowa, a painter. But not for Mika. I don't like the way she sang, I didn't understand a word. She's handsome maybe but not a singer.
As for Okean Elzi I think they woudn't go ((
Even Daha Braha would be grate. But maybe not that format. Not Via Gra. Pop and pathetik, tooo much.
Zlata Ognevich. Yes.
Even Perkalaba...
Mad Heads XXL
But not weak pop singers with no voice and song with no sence.

As for the show we could add some interesting people from talant shows. Acrobatiks or dancers or others...

Ukraine

As for me I sent my sms for Finland/. Nice song, good sence.
Switzerland. I liked it too. And Denmark, Bosnia & Herzegovina.

Top Bottom