Contact us

Gvozdmost - 194 💨

kopachka

After great (and truly unexpected) result that Divojko brought to us, we are again sending something from Croatia. :oops: Actually I didn't know about this song, but then one Facebook friend shared it on her profile and I've listened to it. I was blown away! Tbh I am not fan of klapa singing, but this one I had on replay for two weeks. Let's see if NSC community will appreciate it as much as I do.

NSC 152

Klapa Kadena
Bura

kopachka

I guess Agnė Dragūnaitė and Gyvata were just too special for NSC crowd.

Well, I'll give a chance to another special artist. Bye Lithuania, hello Norway.

NSC 154

Eliwagar
Vi Høster som Vi Sår

kopachka

Back to epic songs in Slavic languages!

NSC 159

Марко Поло
Ирландия

kopachka

Recently I spent 10 days in Lithuania so upon arrival home I decided to re-discover some artists from there. Saulius Petreikis and his band were suggested by Youtube while I was listening to songs by divine Rasa Serra (NSC 113). Hope you enjoy it!

NSC 162

Saulius Petreikis
Hulusi lopšinė

kopachka

Ujedinjeni Gvozd

I just felt like I should reveal personal challenge I gave myself in NSC in 2018. I realized I needed to change something to enjoy my participation in NSC more, so I decided to leave my 'future NSC songs' list aside and start discovering new artists and entries before every edition. Together with that, I also set a limit that each song had to be below 10k views on Youtube (on any video). Sometimes it was tough, but I really enjoyed the 2018 path. :)

Now that 2018 is behind, I wanted to check if any of those songs actually went over 10k views and yeah, 2 actually did it! Here is their rank based on current view count:

1. 68333 Vladimir Graić & Danica Krstić - Sama
2. 11435 Laura Cortese & the Dance Cards - I Am The House
3. 5526 Elina Duni - Let Us Dive In
4. 5381 Saulius Petreikis - Hulusi lopšinė
5. 3719 Singrlice - Smiljem gora
6. 3194 Anne-Mari Kivimäki - Kaivos
7. 2773 Marko Polo - Irlandiya
8. 1907 Eliwagar - Vi Høster som Vi Sår
9. 1237 Oceanpath - Vēja vārdi
? Ethnofonik 2013 Participants - Došla sem vam japa dimu (could not get data, it's only available on Soundcloud)

Very nice thing is that only 3 of them DNQ which is pretty cool and encouraging to engage into more discovering in future (4 of them even ended in top 10, but that was least important tbh). xup

Cheers to more great discoveries in 2019!

kopachka

After amazing result that Ols managed to achieve with captivating song Wiedźmowa, I had a hard task choosing PQ entry. I came across Baiuca's music during my search and after listening to several songs, I found myself coming back to Morriña a few more times. I guess this could also be attributed to the fact I spent few days in Galicia last month and friends taught me importance of word "morriña" for them ('homesickness' in Galician), as many Galicians all over world desire to come back there as they are missing their home. Anyway, this song definitely is something that fits my taste and kind of has ::uje written all over it, so I knew I found my PQ entry. :D Enjoy it!

NSC 167

Baiuca
Morriña

kopachka

Thanks to everyone who voted Golos Vodi to 4th place in NSC 169 - I thought it might be too experimental (yes, even for NSC), but I am glad some of you recognized the beauty in it. :)

As for my PQ entry, it was really hard to choose something that I would be happy seeing directly into final. In the end, I decided to go with collaboration I discovered in the most recent WV edition. Ever since hearing "Onward & Upward" there (thanks to ferret), I could not stop listening to tracks of "Gloria Regali" album by Tommee Profitt featuring Fleurie. Most of the tracks there are just my cup of tea and I felt I wanted to give one of them a chance to be present in current NSC final. This will be my first song choice in English since August, I am kinda proud (#Tamara) of this streak. Hope you enjoy the title track as UG NSC 170 entry:

NSC 170

Tommee Profitt ft. Fleurie
Gloria Regali

kopachka

For a long period of time I am captivated by music that Hildur Guðnadóttir makes - she is on my 'future NSC entries' list for ages. I was listening to her albums recently again and I came across her soundtrack for 'Chernobyl'. All the tracks there speak a huge story for themselves, but this one just stood out and it makes me discover new aspects of its beauty each time I give it a listen.

NSC 171

Homin Lviv Municipal Choir
Vichnaya Pamyat

kopachka

After a great success by Tom Baxter with one of the longest songs I sent in NSC so far, it's time to use PQ spot for one of the shortest songs in my NSC history :D
Initially I confirmed another song, but two days ago I heard this super catchy song while drinking a coffee in Warsaw and I searched for the band performing it. They make quite cool music and if you'll like Technicolor Yawn, make sure to check other songs of them as well. :)

NSC 174

The Dumplings
Technicolor Yawn

kopachka

Contributing to language diversity of my entries by sending our first song in Basque!

NSC 176

Orbel
Hegan

kopachka

Something extraordinary to start 2020 with xheart

NSC 177

Ólafur Arnalds

momentary (choir version)

kopachka

This one was waiting for too long already to be sent. As I promised to myself for her to be my entrant once I'll manage to PQ again, it's time for lady Guðnadóttir to finally take the stage for UG. Maybe it was not a coincidence that another Icelandic artist secured her a place in the final. :) Hope some of you will enjoy this magical piece as much as I do xheart

NSC 178

Hildur Guðnadóttir

Heyr Himnasmiður

kopachka

Adding another talented Croatian artist to my list of the UG entries. :)

NSC 179

Ischariotzcky

Looking For My Son

kopachka

Big thanks to Ischariotzcky who helped UG to achieve another top 5 result! With a PQ spot I gave myself a challenge to find an artist from a country I never sent to NSC before and after a week of research, I decided to finally send an entry from a lovely country of horse meat lovers and KeshYou - Kazakhstan. I hope some of you will enjoy cute little entry from diva Ardaq, she definitely will take you on a journey. xbow

NSC 180

Ardaq Balajanova

Qara torgai

Top Bottom