Contact us

Ugaly

Roffbeard

Oh no you don't! I'm crashing this party!

Greetings, citizens of Natia! That's right! Ye olde Ragnar is here to save the day!

Those of you who haven't spent 15 years of your lives in this contest (lucky you) may not be familiar with my glorious face, so allow me to introduce myself!
My name is Ragnar Roffbeard, I am a reluctant citizen of Ugaly, the lone inhabitant and Big Kahuna of an island that those Ugly losers marooned me on many decades ago because they couldn't stand my greatness! They might tell you I'm "cranky and smelly", don't listen to them!

My long-time nemesis "Jochen", the NSC head of delegation of Ugaly's overrated broadcaster Lurkovision, has been running this nation's participation disastrously for an eternity! I keep (totally kindly and friendly, I swear) trying to tell them to up their game, but alas they ignore me!
A long long time ago, I was set to participate in Ugaly's national final of NSC 6, singing the classic sea-chanty "Row Row Row Your Boat". Oh you would have loved it, I cried a bit when I rehearsed by my bathroom mirror! But those Lurkovision fools decided to disqualify me in the last minute for absolutely no reason (something about me "hacking into the servers and signing up myself", I have no idea what they're talking about)! Oh it rightly infuriated me! I have spent years since then plotting my revenge, and now the time has finally come!

Yes, Ugaly is indeed sending an exclusive production made especially for NSC once more, but no ponytailed dorks with guitars this time! Instead, allow this beautiful, humble and not-at-all-narcissistic creature to present to you the Anthem of Roffbeard the Mighty!
BWAHAHAHA!

Lyrics:

Also available on all your favorite streaming services!

Last edited:

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
I thought your NSC 103 entry was a masterpiece, but I have to say, Roffbeard has really outdone you!

If Ugaly doesn't win this edition, I will eat my flag!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Oh wow! 200 editions is such an epic milestone. Congratulations! God tier status

Fearnavigatr

We at Lurkovision are are the moment trying to access our premises, it awkwardly seems like Mr. Roffbeard has locked us out. But we are at least able to present the finished 10th part of Ugaly's history recap!

Fearnavigatr

How about a little bonus game?

Despite the song mostly being about Roffbeard, this was after all the anniversary entry for all of Ugaly. Hence, some of you may have noticed some of our previous entries being name-dropped. Seems old Ragnar might enjoy Ugaly in NSC a bit more than he lets on...

There's a total of 25 Ugly song titles hidden in the lyrics of the 203 entry (including one only in the video dialogue that's not present in the audio release), but they are only entries from Ugaly's second century. Not all them are necessarily exactly verbatim, but they should still be identifiable.

So if you (either someone individually or several people by team effort) can identify and make a list of which 25 of Ugaly's entries from NSC 104 to 202 are name-dropped by Roffbeard, including the editions they were in, I'll post a little bonus video as a reward (as soon as I have time to edit it)!

Last edited:

dogmeat

A new day rising (120 Von Herzen Brothers - New Day Rising) underway, my long awaited freedom day (125 Magnum - Freedom Day)
This misfit (147 Rein - Missfit) wretched (197 Daerdric - Wretched) gorgeous (193 Terry Poison - Gorgeous) soul will change the paradigm (133 Leslie Wei - Paradigm)
The revolution (136 Genitorturers - Revolution) has begun, my major (114 The Asteroids Galaxy Tour - Major) swag (143 The Qemists feat. Devlin Love - S.W.A.G) will get it done
Allow this demonstration (153 Yamaha psr-38 - Demonstration) to convince you of my class (109 The Indelicates - Class)
The writing on the wall (195 Iron Maiden - Writing on the Wall), the voice on radio (173 Rammstein - Radio //even pronounced the same)
The snake eyes (135 Feint feat. CoMa - Snake Eyes) all predict your nation's fall

Roff- Roff- Roffbeard, take it from me
A won-stoppable (113 Hiroshi Yamaguchi - The Won-Stoppable Wonderful 101) songbird (121 Dungeon Elite - Songbird) likes of which you'll never see
Roff- Roff- Roffbeard, sharper than a knife (150 Parralox - Sharper than a Knife)
I'll strike the earth (119 Jake Kaufman - Strike the Earth!) and prove my worth because I love my life (123 Jim Post - I Love My Life)

Roff- Roff- Roffbeard, free from all sin
My power will surprise you like a kick right in the shin (104 Adult - Kick in the Shin)
Roff- Roff- Roffbeard, finally here
Turn it louder (191 The Other - Turn It Louder), don't keep quiet (155 The Protomen - Keep Quiet), and you'll have nothing to fear
Roff- Roff- Roffbeard, higher and free
The Ugliest of nations has no power over me
Roff- Roff- Roffbeard, someday soon
I'll fly like a balloon and I shall rise (141 Karen O - I Shall Rise) up to the moon (145 Jake Kaufman - The Moon)

You know you're just me with a fake beard?
Well aren't you miss negativity? (186 Night Club - Miss Negativity)

- Hey wanna hang out?
- Sorry, can't. I must find all song references in this music video of a dude in a fake beard in a song about a character from a fictional song contest
- Umm... okay

Last edited:

Fearnavigatr

Well done Orian, full score! xheya

Bonus video coming sometime during the weekend or next week, or later, when I've got free time.

Last edited:

Fearnavigatr

Yes, the bonus video is still happening, someday, but for now let's have a look at
UGALY 208

Trio me' Bumba is likely one of the oldest active bands in the world. Formed in Stockholm in 1957 and extremely popular in Sweden during the height of their career in the 60s, you won't find a senior citizen in this country who can't sing along to their lyrics! At a tour in 1963, they were even supported by an up-and-coming English band called "The Beatles" that you may have heard of.

So... imagine the look on our faces when the living legends turned up in the flesh and played a surprise concert at our wedding reception a few weeks ago! All arranged by the father of the groom. Grandma couldn't believe her eyes!

9EHn4k.jpg

What better way to pay tribute to this amazing moment than to have them finally appear in NSC? For Ugaly's first fully postnuptial entry, Lurkovision presents Trio me' Bumba and their 1969 hit Man ska leva för varandra!

Lyrics

Translated lyrics

Finnish lyrics

Last edited:
Top Bottom