Contact us

UEFA Women's Euro 2013 - 11th European national football Championship

ShoeFlo

Oh..women football :D
to be honest, that's very boring for me.. it's not just the physical aspect, it's also the technical... I have rarely seen good technical female players. In addition there are much pointless passes in midfield and the goalkeepers are often on a low level. I think this sport would be more entertaining if the length of the pitch and the goals would be adapted to female conditions.
However, in terms of this tournament, I will cross my fingers for Germany and Iceland and maybe I will watch the match between these two teams. And maybe I watch the final and some matches of the German team too... I still don't know... As i said, it's not that interesting for me.

LalehForWD

^ Well, you're entitled to your opinion. Personally, I enjoy watching women's football very much. :)

Verjamem

It's still European Championship in Football, so I'm interested. Maybe I will cheer :is: Iceland and :ru: Russia :p

LalehForWD

OK, I obviously cheer for Sweden, xcheer but I think France will win in the end. xshock1

As I understand the current ranking is:
01) :de: Germany
02) :se: Sweden
03) :fr: France
04) :en: England
05) :no: Norway
06) :it: Italy
07) :dk: Denmark
08) :is: Iceland
09) :fi: Finland
10) :ru: Russia
11) :nl: The Netherlands
12) :es: Spain

Countries just missing out from the tournament includes Scotland, Ukraine, Switzerland and Poland.

LalehForWD

Italy is in a nordic group... xcrazy

haha, you sure are! :D
Group A :se: :dk: :fi: :it:

imagesCAIFZYY9.jpg

or

549236_369133713200534_1041056712_n.jpg

:D

LalehForWD

Background info Swedish womans football

The Swedish Damallsvenskan, the highest national football division is professional/semi-professional and have the current 2013 layout (ordered by rank):

LdB FC MalmöMalmö
Kopparbergs/Göteborg FCGothenburg
Linköpings FCLinköping
Tyresö FFStockholm
KIF ÖrebroÖrebro
Jitex BKGothenburg
Umeå IKUmeå
Djurgårdens IF DFFStockholm
Kristianstads DFFKristianstad
Hammarby IF 10thStockholm
Dalsjöfors GoIF (new from Söderettan)Borås
Piteå IF (new from Norrettan)Piteå

There are several international stars playing in the division including

Marta Vieira da Silva (Brazil)

Ramona Bachmann (Switzerland)

LalehForWD

First match
:fi: Finland - :it: Italy 0-0

Premiere nerve for both teams and extremely slow start for Finland. Italy owns the game. A fair result would perhaps have been 1-0 to Italy. They somewhat lacked the needed routine though. The result is probably an advantage for Sweden (as we will win over Denmark tonight :D).

image.jpg

Elisa Camporese xheart

Paddy

I'll cross my fingers for Germany although I'm not that interested in Womens football.

LalehForWD

:se: - :dk: 1 - 1 for a great game
This is still somewhat a Danish victory with 2 missed Swedish penalties (!)

The new Swedish coach Pia Sundhage (former US coach) brought a more flexible and movable Swedish playing (my reflection). The usual endless middle field battles were avoided in this match and it was really exciting to the last second.

15218.jpg

Josefine Öqvist xheart

LalehForWD

Sad Danish story - despite great achievements there seem to be pretty unfair domestic conditions and treatment of the Danish players. Their UEFA matches aren't even showed on Danish TV.

Aftonbladet Anders Nilsson: Danmark ljusår efter Sverige

LalehForWD

Yesterday matches:
:no: Norway - :is: Iceland 1 - 1

A lame passive Norway against a mostly static Iceland that only momentarily bursted out in energy. Iceland to take a valuable point though.

:de: Germany - :nl: The Netherlands 0 - 0

Another draw with a by injuries crippled Germany against advancing Holland. A fast great game with lots of mistakes from both teams. To me it looked like Germany often tried too complicated moves rather than going for a goal.

2157596_520_292.jpg

"Manon" Melis xheart

LalehForWD

Elodie+Thomis+New+Hottest+Pic+2012-2013+06.jpg

Élodie Thomis xyesxyesxheart

:fr: France - :ru: Russia 3 - 1

OMG it could have been 10 - 0 despite heroic play by Russian keeper Elvira Todua. Convincing elegant play by France.

LalehForWD

A thrilling game last night between
:es: Spain - :en: England 3 - 2

Emerging hot underdog Spain beat a rather slow careless England with a goal in the last minute of the 3 minutes overtime. Triumph for the criminally underrated Spanish ladies and a catastrophe for the English. England now has to beat Russia (likely) and at least play a draw against France (how on earth?) to have a chance to advance to the next level.

boquete-veronica0625_2131.jpg

Verónica Boquete (or "Vero" as it says on her shirt) xheartxheart

Top Bottom