Contact us

UEFA Nations League 2018/19

Himan

We have fought for Germany to get relegated and now this happens. :(

njdevils94

Veteran
[MENTION=15870]Realest[/MENTION] these would all need to become members of UEFA then. :lol:

Jersey
Guernsey
Isle of Man
Isle of Wight
Northern Cyprus

EscGeek

Veteran
But I was looking forward to our total domination in Valentina's backyardxsnooty

Realest

From now on League A-C will have 16 Teams and League D 7 Teams. So one of Europes Bottom7 will be qualified to Europe Cup 2024.

Realest

Btw we already have the new Groups. My first Prediction:

A1: :it::nl::pl::ba:
A2: :en::be::dk::is:
A3: :fr::pt::se::hr:
A4: :es::de::ua::ch:
B1: :no::ro::at: Northern Ireland
B2: :cz::sk::sc::il:
B3: :tr::ru::rs::hu:
B4: :ie::wale::bg::fi:
C1: :lu::me::cy::az:
C2: :ge::am::mk::ee:
C3: :gr::xk::sl::md:
C4: :kz::by::al::lt:
D1: :fo::lv::mt::ad:
D2: :li: Gibraltar :sm:

Realest

ShoeFlo

Well... why not

A1: :it: :nl: :pl: :ba:
A2: :en: :be: :dk: :is:
A3: :fr: :pt: :hr: :se: (Jesses, what a group.. including all finalists of last Euro & WC)
A4: :es: :de: :ua: :ch:

B1: :no: :at: :ro: Northern Ireland
B2: :cz: :sk: :il: :sc: (balanced, but... *yawn*)
B3: :tr: :rs: :ru: :hu:
B4: :ie: :fi: :wale: :bg:

C1: :mt: :lu: :cy: :az:
C2: :mk: :ge: :am: :ee:
C3: :sl: :xk: :gr: :md:
C4: :al: :lt: :by: :kz:

D1: :fo: :lv: :mt: :ad:
D2: :li: Gibraltar :sm: (even in this group I think San Marino is pretty hopeless)

Zonne147

A1: :it::nl::pl::ba: (the old Italy seems to be a bit back, Bosnia is the weakest but still competent enough to surprise)
A2: :en::be::dk::is: (the obvious guess imo, England is a bit stronger than Belgium atm)
A3: :fr::pt::hr::se: (2018 Croatia is gone, still a competitive team if we consider the opponents - apart from France)
A4: :es::de::ch::ua: (Didn't hesitate with the group winner, I think Germany will come second anyway)
B1: :no::ro::at: Northern Ireland (Hard one to predict, pretty balanced. High hopes for what will Haaland do for the Norwegian NT)
B2: :cz::sk::sc::il: (Very balanced indeed, no clear favorite... Israel is the weakest here in my opinion)
B3: :rs::tr::ru::hu: (Very hard to predict the top 3, Hungary is my bet to come last here, let's see)
B4: :ie::wale::fi::bg: (Will Finland keep the good form? Ireland is the most regular here, not really confident about Wales this time)
C1: :me::lu::cy::az: (Montenegro is my unsure guess here but keep an eye on Luxembourg, they know how to play football!)
C2: :ge::mk::ee::am: (Difficult one, but I think Armenia is worse than the others. I'd go with Georgia)
C3: :sl::xk::gr::md: (Moldova will probably come last. I'm confident Kosovo will improve even more, the race will be close too)
C4: :al::kz::by::lt: (Kazakhstan hasn't been able to develop in football as much as in other sports, Albania is the best here I think)
D1: :fo::mt::lv::ad: (It may look weird to put Latvia behind a microstate and a 48k inhabitants island, but it's not)
D2: :li: Gibraltar :sm: (Well, Liechtenstein is the strongest here I guess??)

Realest

We have Bettingodds:

A4:
Spain 2.10
Germany 2.20
Switzerland 10
Ukraine 13

Surprised to see Spain only 0.1 ahead of us. For me its the clearliest Group in League A

A1:
Netherlands 2.20
Italy 2.30
Poland 6
Bosnia 15

I would switch Netherlands with Italy. Also Polands Odds should be around 9-10 except I missed Something.

A2:

England 2.0
Belgium 2.1
Denmark 12
Iceland 20

Makes sense. Maybe Denmark should be a little lower.

A3:

France 1.80
Portugal 3.50
Croatia 5.50
Sweden 13

Tbh I think Sweden also has a realistic Chance and should be lower than 10.

B1:

Austria 2.5
Norway 3.2
Romania 4.3
N.Ireland 6.5

Now thats a Surprise.

B2:

Czech Republic 2.5
Slovakia 3.2
Scotland 4.3
Israel 6.5

I think Czechrepublic will landslide this Group and Scotland and Israels Chances are much lower.

B3:

Russia 2.30
Serbia 3.50
Turkey 3.70
Hungary 8

I think they got it wrong with Turkey. I will probably put a Bet on them. Hungarys Odds should be 20+ tbh.

B4:

Wales 2.20
Ireland 3.0
Finland 5.5
Bulgaria 8

Makes Sense, although Ireland is my Guess.

C1:

Montenegro 2
Cyprus 3.7
Azerbaijan 4
Luxembourg 10

I have a good Feeling about our Neighbours and will bet on them.

C2:

N.Macedonia 2.5
Georgia 2.7
Armenia 4
Estonia 10

Georgia is imo the Favourite after the strong euro-qualification. Macedonia flopped in a week Group. Maybe Estonia is a bit overrated.

C3:

Greece 2.6
Slovenia 2.7
Kosovo 3.0
Moldova 30

Kosovo > Slovenia, otherwise I agree.

C4:

Albania 1.9
Belarus 3
Kazakhstan 6
Lithuania 15

Should be a bit more balanced between the Top2.

D1:

Latvia 2.8
Farore Islands 2.9
Malta 4.5
Andorra 5.5

Andorra is overrated and I think Farore is the Favourite here.

D2:

Liechtenstein 1.65
Gibraltar 2.8
San Marino 6

Liechtenstein should have 1.1-1.2 and Sanmarino 20+.

Realest

:de: 1:1 :es:
:ua: 2:1 :ch:
:bg: 1:1 :ie:
:fi: 0:1 :wale:
:ru: 3:1 :rs:
:tr: 0:1 :hu:
:md: 1:1 :xk:
:sl: 0:0 :gr:
:lv: 0:0 :ad:
:fo: 3:2 :mt:

Except Turkey, no Big Surprises.

ShoeFlo

The Nations League, or as I call it: The most useless competition ever!!(n)

Well, easy to say that from the perspective of an European powerhouse like Germany.

However, for the small teams this competition is a great opportunity to finally get opponents on their level, to gain self-confidence and little bit of glory and especially to refine their abilities. Moreover, the Nations League is by far the easiest way for a small nation to qualify for the Euro, thanks to the play-off system that ensures one final spot for a Division D team.

This is actually why I pay most attention to the Division D matches... even though in terms of quality the matches sometimes look like Sunday League matches (as Brits would say) I feel still entertained and the outcomes are rather unpredictable and tight. And if you look at the winning teams after the match you can see how much it means to them.

Anyway, for the big nations The Nations League is simply a replacement for friendly matches... and most teams consider it like that and give young players the chance to pick up international match practice

Realest

Pretty impressive from Austria.

Realest

Im curious about Gibraltar vs San Marino today. San Marino might get its first away victory in History. Gibraltar is still the favourite though.

Top Bottom