Contact us

UEFA Champions League and Europa League

Realest

Salzburg isnt that good. Donezk is much more constantly successful.

HayashiM

Veteran
Today's match between Slavia Prague and Borussia Dortmund will begin with a commemoration of Karel Gott - a couple of his songs will be played during the warm-up, followed with a minute of applause (as a minute of silence would apparently not be permitted by UEFA).

You could not find a better suited date for this match I think. :)

njdevils94

Veteran
Genk are playing much better than they did 2 weeks ago drawing 0-0 with Napoli at half time.

Not surprising at all imo. Donezk is probably the best Team which doesnt belong to a Top7 League.

They were outplayed in the 2nd half though. I still have City and Shakhtar qualifying out of that group though.

pjelacki

guys I just woke up from the craziest dream

so I was at Anfield watching my own side overcome a 0-3 lmaoooWAIT WHAT

ShoeFlo

We are in the beginning of October and Salzburg scored 58 goals in all competitions (13 matches)

Let this sink in.

Even though Austrian Bundesliga is a farmer's league this is some impressing stat.

njdevils94

Veteran
We are in the beginning of October and Salzburg scored 58 goals in all competitions (13 matches)

Let this sink in.

Even though Austrian Bundesliga is a lower level league this is some impressing stat.

The Austrian league has been better over the last two years. Salzburg are on a different level in scouting and developing though. Its really impressive that stat this season because they lost 6/7 of their regular starters over the summer. Hartberg are another team that play attacking football but concede quite a lot. The big Vienna clubs Austria and Rapid have struggled to get results in Europe over the last few years. Well Austria have struggled to even get Europa League qualifying spot. Sturm Graz have yet to capitalize on their European exploits but sides like Wolfsberger and especially LASK are starting to make a name for themselves now. Even

JamieBrown

Isn't it funny that Salzburg has it's successfulst times, now that they are more like a development team of RB Leipzig?
Not sure if we're going to see Haaland in the Bundesliga one day tho, maybe his scoring stats will grow interest of the english clubs. And I read his dream is to become Premier League champion with Leeds Utd one day

ShoeFlo

While Leipzig has lots of sprinters and athletical players whose technical abilities however are limited (Poulsen, Laimer and even Werner) Salzburgs current generation is consisting of more "complete" and technically gifted players instead of "pure running machines" . I was wise enough to watch the Liverpool vs Salzburg match yesterday and I was blown away by the performance of their play maker Minamino.
Deadly passes, fantastic ball control (the ball is sticking to his feet), great presence on the pitch and - as usual for RB players - high pace.
I desperately wanna see him in the German league, needless to say that Haaland is excellent as well but I think he benefits a lot from players like Minamino

njdevils94

Veteran
Both Jhon Lucumi and Takumi Minamino in the UCL MD 2 TOTW. Very well deserved. Both were my personal MOTM in each game.

EF-A3SWW4AAaevA

Realest

Only Teams from the Top5 Leagues reached the next Round.
Anyway my Wish for next Round:

Bayern - Lyon
Leipzig - Bergamo
Valencia - Dortmund

Citelis

I need to see who will qualify from the 1st places on Europa League groups and i will tell what's the best options for Olympiacos and APOEL aswell!

The biggest surprise for me is that Valencia managed to qualified 1st from that group.

Realest

Gladbach :(
Could have been a perfect Year for :de:.
But someone who loses at Home vs Basaksehir and Wolfsberg doesnt deserve the 2nd Round anyway.

Citelis

How can Olympaicos be that unlucky? Arsenal is one of the worst possible opponents and by February they will probably have a new manager. APOEL has an easier opponent but still Basel great team.

Realest

Yesterday I couldnt understand how the Odds for a Homevictory of Real was at 2.90 and Mancity 2.35, but wow, they were right.

njdevils94

Veteran
Salzburg vs Eintracht Frankfurt 2nd leg got called off today because of a storm. It will now takeplace on Friday. The German side leading 4-1 after the first leg.

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
How can Olympaicos be that unlucky? Arsenal is one of the worst possible opponents and by February they will probably have a new manager. APOEL has an easier opponent but still Basel great team.

Congrats to Olympiacos :D

Top Bottom