Contact us

TYBALTEVA 🗝️ NSC 224 🗝️ Olivia Ruiz - La Réplique

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Nice! Well, I looked for a spot too and tried to make something for the time being because I feel like not having a geographical existence is weird. :D Now watch someone snatch that territory first.

584rXW4.png

In Tybalteva, we suck at graphics, so... :lol:

Woah you're a northern country then. :D I think that region is supposed to be quite cold. From what the person who does the map told me, the empty space is supposed to be ex-nations who don't take part anymore, and the map only shows who is taking part at the time. However considering no active member is there I don't see the problem.

Here is a map showing the exact area that is Solentoya:

Here is also a region map with the 4 biggest cities:

I assume you have some wiki page somewhere, however NSC has it's own wikia page and such. :D You can see my own personal one there, which has a lot of detail on my country, no as much as yours though. :lol: Link: https://nsc.fandom.com/wiki/Solentoya

tuorem

Woah you're a northern country then. :D I think that region is supposed to be quite cold. From what the person who does the map told me, the empty space is supposed to be ex-nations who don't take part anymore, and the map only shows who is taking part at the time. However considering no active member is there I don't see the problem.

Here is a map showing the exact area that is Solentoya:

Here is also a region map with the 4 biggest cities:

I assume you have some wiki page somewhere, however NSC has it's own wikia page and such. :D You can see my own personal one there, which has a lot of detail on my country, no as much as yours though. :lol: Link: https://nsc.fandom.com/wiki/Solentoya

Get it, it makes sense. It's just temporary/for fun anyway. I'll have to discuss that with the map maker because I tricked myself by talking of a strait in my nation history, which requires a specific location. So I thought this place would work, but I admit it's a bit too up there given what I was going for. :?

Oh wow! Your maps look so neat and real! I'll have to outsource mine definitely. :lol:

AAAAND you're making fun of me! :lol: Your wiki page is super fleshed out! Them details! I'll have to read it today, so I can to get to know Solentoya better. :geek: Sounds like an appealing destination (I expected no less from you tbh). Did you create it a long time ago? The rules say you can't create a page if the nation isn't part of the roster xthink

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Get it, it makes sense. It's just temporary/for fun anyway. I'll have to discuss that with the map maker because I tricked myself by talking of a strait in my nation history, which requires a specific location. So I thought this place would work, but I admit it's a bit too up there given what I was going for. :?

Oh wow! Your maps look so neat and real! I'll have to outsource mine definitely. :lol:

AAAAND you're making fun of me! :lol: Your wiki page is super fleshed out! Them details! I'll have to read it today, so I can to get to know Solentoya better. :geek: Sounds like an appealing destination (I expected no less from you tbh). Did you create it a long time ago? The rules say you can't create a page if the nation isn't part of the roster xthink

oh? xthink i didn't think you'd have to wait? Idk how enforced that rule is, especially considering how many countries neglect their pages. Maybe [MENTION=4663]theditz83[/MENTION] can give a better response on it, but I really don't see what the problem is, unless you plan to disappear in a weeks time. XD I would have created one, but I didn't know how to so didn't. :lol: I don't make fun of you, you've proper gone all out in, with a full wiki style detail. Even sporting events, notable people and all that. It's great, mine is fleshed out but yours is better. I did actually copy it all over from the original Solentoya in nation states, that I and some other forumers used to be part of for a while. There is a couple of parts that still need editing but I think it shows the country well.

tuorem

oh? xthink i didn't think you'd have to wait? Idk how enforced that rule is, especially considering how many countries neglect their pages. Maybe [MENTION=4663]theditz83[/MENTION] can give a better response on it, but I really don't see what the problem is, unless you plan to disappear in a weeks time. XD I would have created one, but I didn't know how to so didn't. :lol: I don't make fun of you, you've proper gone all out in, with a full wiki style detail. Even sporting events, notable people and all that. It's great, mine is fleshed out but yours is better. I did actually copy it all over from the original Solentoya in nation states, that I and some other forumers used to be part of for a while. There is a couple of parts that still need editing but I think it shows the country well.

Yeah, I guess it was made for people who apply, create their own page in the heat of the moment, and then disappear before they're included in the roster. But I'm not sure.

I know! I was joking :D Congrats because your page looks very nice and informative. It feels rather complete to me tbh. At least someone did have fun moulding his ideal nation :D It might be superfluous to some, but I think it gives the nation a soul, more depth, it simply makes it more interesting. If the wiki is based on the usual wiki coding, then it's a good thing. It will be less annoying to maintain pages up to date. Does everyone have to update the database with the list of all the songs used?

theditz83

Veteran
Like you suggested, I believe that rule was put in place to stop having a massive number of pages abandoned since there was a time when the WL was 25-30 nations and we'd see a high turnover of nations losing interest very quickly and being taken off the roster. If you intend of sticking around for a while (and judging from the work you've already put into describing your nation's history, I think that's a given) then you're more than welcome creating a Wiki page. The Wiki passed me by tbh - not really confident in creating or editing pages hence I haven't done one for Moisantia :?

tuorem

Ok guys, thanks.

I'll create a page, copy and paste my presentation and complete it with a bit more info (future scoreboard + I forgot to talk about the king).

Also, I will definitely move my nation elsewhere on the map when I make it. I hesitated between two spots and I should have kept my first choice :?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Ok guys, thanks.

I'll create a page, copy and paste my presentation and complete it with a bit more info (future scoreboard + I forgot to talk about the king).

Also, I will definitely move my nation elsewhere on the map when I make it. I hesitated between two spots and I should have kept my first choice :?

In the map thread, there are spoilers below and in one is an image that describes what each continent/region is like. :D if that helps.

I look forward to see your wikia then. You've inspired me to add more to mine.

dogmeat

I like it when people create a rich lore for their countries. Big welcome!

Just like Ashley said, the map has plenty of empty space, so that withdrawn, as well as new countries, have a place to be without me having to micromanage the borders all the time xD It's a compromise of realism and logistics. Feel free to find a place for your own. The area you picked is free for taking. It's cold and somewhat dry there. The general rule is that north is cold and south is warm (note how there are 3 different types of forests out there). Also, you should easily tell the difference between woodlands, plains and deserts.
Personally I agree this area is suitable for your country given the history you provided. Just some minor adjustments needed. The straits can't connect all continents since there's only one continent. But it would be important for sea trade as an alternative route to connect the Galea region with northeastern parts of the world. And I don't think the north pole is even remotely habitable. I imagine north pole to be far north of the northern edge of the map - this way map distortion is less of an issue. But I don't mind adding fantasy or science-fiction elements. There are things way more outlandish in NSC than people dwelling in the north pole :p
I don't mean to be nagging here - I mention all of this because you seem to be interested in lore details.

I neglected the map lately, but I should have more time available now, so I'll post an update soon.

speaking of... [MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION] In the meanwhile Baia Papaya asked to be moved to the coast. If you're not willing to share it, I might move them west or something.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
speaking of... [MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION] In the meanwhile Baia Papaya asked to be moved to the coast. If you're not willing to share it, I might move them west or something.

Well I've made several maps and stuff based on that area, so Baia Papaya will have to vacate elesewhere if possible. :lol: I knew she wanted to move anyway as she said to me when I spoke to her about where I wanted to be, although she said an island so idk. Anyway, the area I coloured in green in the above posts is what I would like. :D

SaladBreak

[MENTION=4630]dogmeat[/MENTION] yes ::bai would prefer an island. I hope this one is free. And it makes sense being close to Solentoya as I imagine the Papayans as half old people of today’s Solentoya(the colonizers) and half native islanders.
49-D8-A84-B-0-B1-A-4-B0-E-B61-F-5-FD82-BA8980-F.jpg

tuorem

[MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION] Thank you, I guess I missed the descriptions of each part of the continent. :oops: My bad!

I like it when people create a rich lore for their countries. Big welcome!

Just like Ashley said, the map has plenty of empty space, so that withdrawn, as well as new countries, have a place to be without me having to micromanage the borders all the time xD It's a compromise of realism and logistics. Feel free to find a place for your own. The area you picked is free for taking. It's cold and somewhat dry there. The general rule is that north is cold and south is warm (note how there are 3 different types of forests out there). Also, you should easily tell the difference between woodlands, plains and deserts.
Personally I agree this area is suitable for your country given the history you provided. Just some minor adjustments needed. The straits can't connect all continents since there's only one continent. But it would be important for sea trade as an alternative route to connect the Galea region with northeastern parts of the world. And I don't think the north pole is even remotely habitable. I imagine north pole to be far north of the northern edge of the map - this way map distortion is less of an issue. But I don't mind adding fantasy or science-fiction elements. There are things way more outlandish in NSC than people dwelling in the north pole :p
I don't mean to be nagging here - I mention all of this because you seem to be interested in lore details.

I neglected the map lately, but I should have more time available now, so I'll post an update soon.

Thank you so much dogmeat. Actually, I think it would be wiser to ask for your expertise on the matter, because I didn't mean to go for a land of ice. :lol: Don't get me wrong though, I'm not ice-ophobic.

I guess I should ditch the strait situation and call it a coast that's on a highly used sea route (?) instead because it doesn't really work with the geographical reality of the map as you said. Something is off. In my mind, my nation was overall more forested and with a more temperate climate. Provided it's not taken, what do you think about the territory located in the Dal Riata area, Galea, to the west of Kamande? There is a nice amount of coastal surface, woods, and a strategic maritime position between Northern Galea and the Southern provinces. And Tybalteva has a strong medieval feel with its numerous castles.

I kindly ask for your help because I'm willing to tweak my history and re-think the shape of the nation :) Also, I'm not sure how big Tybalteva should look compared to the others.

tuorem

[MENTION=4630]dogmeat[/MENTION] New location submission :cool:

N1fWGVC.png

It looks bigger on the map than I anticipated, but it would kind of make sense because each state once was an autonomous territory. I don't mind being a big country, I'll just have to modify the surface area numbers to be more realistic if need be, but it's hard to tell since most nations don't have that information for comparison purposes. By the way, I prefer this location by far. Any thoughts?

Also, I tweaked my presentation according to your comments and put it on my official wiki page instead: https://nsc.fandom.com/wiki/Tybalteva
Now all I have to do is add a bit more stuff to it. :)

dogmeat

[MENTION=15105]SaladBreak[/MENTION] How about I add a new island somewhere in-between? [MENTION=9195]tuorem[/MENTION] Seems good. You'll have these borders.
I prefer to avoid solid numbers for area and population since it's impossible to manage without central authority. People will claim numbers that contradict each other by an order of magnitude or more.

dogmeat

I'm asking because these islands belonged to Waloria for like 100 editions, so I feel uneasy giving them away.

SaladBreak

[MENTION=4630]dogmeat[/MENTION] oh sorry I didn’t realize that :oops:

Ok, then this is fine

tuorem

TYBC 1 just published the detailed results of the Tybaltevan televote for NSC 176 on their website. Lemme post 'em here in case someone's curious.

You can see below the number of votes each nation received and the points they were given if they were among the ten most popular ones.

3EARcM9.jpg

tuorem

Tonight, tuorem - Tybaltevan head of delegation - was invited to Muùsiki Ati! (Music first!), a weekly musical talk-show broadcast on TYBC 1.

The interview lasted 45 minutes: he basically talked about how he was appointed as HoD (one could guess the King did have an influence on it given their relationship...), how he viewed the first two editions of NSC broadcast so far and how he hypothetically envisioned the debut of the country in the contest.

He said that he was working hard on their future participation, even though there definitely were "technical obstacles" that would delay it. He briefly mentioned a historical territorial dispute with Kamandé, as well as administrative procedures that obliged the delegation to "queue" before submitting an application. Nonetheless, he wanted to reassure fans: there will be a Tybaltevan debut in NSC.

Later, he mentioned WLSC, saying "We haven't looked into this particular contest, but it has come to my attention that participating in it would maybe increase the viewer's interest in the main event. We do have a limited budget for this project, but we are willing to give it a try and see where it leads us. I seize the opportunity to be on TV to officially announce that TYBC are looking for artists for a potential debut in WLSC 192, that will be held in Svobodnia next week. Anyone can send us an entry via our official website from tomorrow until Tuesday 18. Then we'll review the submissions and immediately contact the interested parties, for the contest is to begin on February 22. There is a tight schedule ahead of us, but that might be worth it".

Later, tuorem confirmed again on Twitter his will to make Tybalteva debut in WLSC.

We'll have to wait for the submission period to end to know more about it I guess. :eek:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
ok, first televoting details. xheat

and welcome aboard! Sol TV News has been covering the story of the "trashy bops" line so people here already aware of your coming debut. Often foreign entries make an appearance in the final show of 'La Fiesta' our annual song contest that selects the entries for NSC and WLSC, so if all goes well Sol TV might be in touch at some point. ;)

SaladBreak

Omg that Tybalteva NSC176 televoting taste :love:
It's touching to see in a transparent way like this which nation made Tybaltevans pick up their phones the most xheart

WELCOME TO WLSC

Top Bottom