Contact us

TYBALTEVA 🗝️ NSC 224 🗝️ Olivia Ruiz - La Réplique

tuorem

Hi people, Tybalteva has already reached the 20th-participation milestone xcheer And after sending a dream daddy last edition, we're celebrating with a dream mommy this time around: Laura Põldvere, whose looks alone would make me stop playing for the other team. Beyond visuals, I've always loved the tone of her voice (smooth and recognisable) and her musical flair.

Vo7dsrk.png

"Lennujaamas" is an electro-pop piece with tinges of nostalgia and attention payed to beats throughout. Add to that the timeless classiness of Estonian language, and one gets an ethereal song suitable for Tybaltevan audiences.

I've been changing my mind at the last minute lately as far as picks and I'm quite excited for the next batch of 20 entries that will follow up.

tuorem

Hello people of Natia,

Since ::ora invited us to think outside the cage, we thought it would be as good a time as any to send an artistic statement. Once again, we musically go in a different direction for the occasion.

VqASVsf.png

And Tybaltevans had their hearts set on "Corporate Cannibal", an intense blend of elements from industrial music, funk, thrash rock and trip hop, theatrically performed by the ever-avant-garde legend Grace Jones.

Lyrically, it both speaks for itself and would deserve a thorough essay, as it paints the picture of corporate capitalism with panache.

Visually, it is perfectly apropos to see Jones embody an ominous and monstrous figure, metaphor of the very subject of the lyrics.

This is not for everyone, but the intent here transcends musical boundaries.

tuorem

Good evening y'all, as NSC #212 just started, let me introduce you to our current representative.

YynRbRZ.png

This time, we selected songwriter Zaho with "Doucement", a wistful piece of drill music lyrically dealing with the fear of jumping the gun while engaging in a love relationship after experiencing past romantic disappointments. What I especially appreciate here is Zaho's mellow tone and flow, leading to a delivery that makes the song touching, like a cry for understanding time is of the essence when overcoming hardship and healing. I never really payed attention to her work before, but what she has been releasing lately makes me think her songwriter title may be well deserved in an era where putting universal feelings in the spotlight again might be necessary for all.​

I prefer taking it slow
My heart is a hardship, you want to jump the gun
I prefer taking it slow
Since my heart is a wreck that has already sunk
I have been lying to myself all this time
I have experienced tragedy elsewhere, I will not do the same with you
Because is my sorrow is blood-red
With you, I prefer a burning fire over a mere spark

tuorem

Good evening fellow NSCers.

Tuorem Productions presents arguably one of the finest Tybaltevan entries to date, competing right now in New Acadia. xcheer

pA93Hqy.png

For this edition, we chose to be represented by musical chameleon BLAYA with Baza : urban music meets latin pop meets afrobeats meets touches of house music. Addictive, intense, hypnotic are the qualifying adjectives that come to my mind when listening to this piece. It was about damn time I sent a true uptempo effort again, and I am pretty proud of it. And of course showcasing Portuguese language does not hurt at all, does it? The beats, bassline and musical bridge are my personal highlights.

For some reason, I really appreciate the MV and think it goes well with the song. Bringing a batch of people to dance somewhere is nothing unseen in history, but the cold underground-like aesthetics paired with the bumpy camera work does wonders here imo. And some of these guys bring the charisma required to give the final product a clandestine-dancing-party-with-nighthawks-in-a-gloomy-parking-lot feel I am here for. While I thought it could not get any better, I ended up realising that Conan Osirisus - and his fellow partner João Reis Moreira - were actually featured as bouncers. One more opportunity for me to claim that Telemóveis is one of my crown jewels.

All in all, I am thrilled to share this 3-minute long experience with you guys. Come join the gang or stay away from the basement!

Last edited:

tuorem

Good evening Natia, I hope you had a great week!

Congratulations to Kadis on winning last edition, I rarely see my 12 pointer win, so that's a very welcome change to me! We had several options on the table this time around, so please let me introduce you to the act that is competing for us at the moment.

LRsDZgM.png

I think it would be nice to offer something radically different than what we've been sending lately, because sameness is boring. So why not fly the flag of classical music aka the "savant music" as we say in French ? Classical music is becoming increasingly important in my daily musical regimen and it is imho part of the most refined musical genres due to its intricacy and timelessness, together with jazz music.

Pieter-Jan Belder - harpsichordist - was chosen for his very delicate and mellow rendition of a great Allemande written by famous composer Jean-Philippe Rameau back in 1727. Seven minutes of mechanical twirls and swirls awaiting the listener on every corner of the piece is what makes it special imo. It is played without any superfluous embellishment or instrument that would detract attention from the most notable motifs.

Pieces like this transcend just mere notes. It takes me back to an unknown yet familiar place. Maybe a few of y'all will appreciate the pause I offer here, or maybe not. It was about time classical music was featured in my line of entries.

tuorem

Hello people of Natia.

So the time has come to have our very first comeback for #215. It was totally unplanned, as I had selected a totally different entry weeks ago, but Tybaltevan royal member La Prohibida recently dropped yet another banger that will hijack our national charts for weeks, so it was only fitting to make room for it now.

BBTOqqj.png

While she competed on her own last time, she brought Algora - her long-time musical accomplice - with her to Ugaly to sing Pirámide De Rocío (pyramid of dew): a dramatic piece of Italo-disco, whose lyrics plunge the listener into the throes of a tumultuous relationship.

La Prohibida - with her infectious melodies, well-written melancholic lyrics and vintage aesthetics - is definitely part of my favourite artists out there. There is just something about her artistic realm that clicks with me. As a result, I am very delighted to showcase her latest work, that deserves credit imo.

Brillo fugaz, pirámide de rocío
¿Qué puede haber mas oscuro
Que no haberte conocido?
Océano de noche
Rottweiler de terciopelo
¿Qué puede haber mas oscuro
que tus ojos lejos de los míos?

tuorem

Good evening guys,

The last time we sent a song in French was a hot minute ago, and since the concept of Tybalteva is mostly based on a medieval fantasy background, the next entry to send to Kadis was a no-brainer for our team.

W0hH4KK.png

Switching it up style-wise, and here were are sending a pillar of French music, who is no other than Sir Jean-Jacques Goldman : a songwriter with a repertoire of hits, whose compositions cannot be mimicked by anyone. When one gets to know his melodic frames and arrangement choices a bit, any song written by him becomes easily recognizable. Out of all the classics he wrote, I chose maybe one of his lesser known ones, actually I think it was his last solo hit before he decided to bring his career to a close. It just so happened to be my favourite song from him when it came out back in the day (and it still is): to me, it is arguably one of the most unique works of the mainstream French pop music scene arrangements and structure-wise.

Tournent les violons (the violins are spinning) is a piece of French pop taking loose inspiration from medieval music (or what one assumes what it sounded like) and mixing electronic elements with organic instruments. Apart from the very Goldman-y lively melody, I truly appreciate the work on the beats throughout the song, the dramatic emphasis put on the troughs and valleys rhythmics-wise, the solid buildup, the very grand strings, as well as the exhailarating outro that speeds up until fading out. As I said, I find it rather unique in the French pop sphere and cannot think of anything remotely similar.

Lyrically, it is a story almost written like a fable. Manon, a young servant working in a castle, met a handsome foreigner during a party held there. While taking a glass of wine from her tray, he told her she was very pretty, before joining his friends just as quickly. The moment lasted a bunch of seconds, but Manon remembered everything about it all her life : from his words to the sound of the violins... If there is a moral to this, it is that words are not just words and we may all - unknowingly so - impact others' lives due to how we act. The butterfly effect, kind of.

Visually, I love the MV and think it does completely justice to the music and illustrates the lyrics thoroughly. It is one of those instances where images, music and lyrics all merge to make sense with one another, so that the emotion desired is properly conveyed.

Come listen to the story of Manon the servant and the memories spinning in her head.

A great celebration at the castle a long time ago
The beautiful aristocrats, of noble blood
From the four corners of the kingdom they came dancing

A great celebration during Palm Sunday, Manon is sixteen
Serving in this castle like her mother did before
She carries trays heavy to her child's hands

The stunning uniform, the handsome lieutenant
Different from the local men, blond and tall
With the dazzling smile of a Prince Charming

While taking a glass, he leans towards her
Whispers to her ear while brushing her hip
"You are very pretty", with a divine smile painted on his face

The lives spin and then go away
The violins are spinning

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
First of all: thank you for sending king JJG :love:
Second of all : I don't thank you for sending Tournent les violons, which is one my least favorite Goldman songs

Bisous xheart

tuorem

Hi people of Natia,

Time for a brief presentation of the entry we have chosen to represent us in ::oos

I will thank again all nations that appreciated our song last edition, being a prequalifier is far from usual business for Tybalteva, and so we had a hard time deciding what to send. After an Italo-disco duet and a medieval-inspired piece of French pop, we had our hearts set on a ballad.

SsNegSD.png

"Flower" - performed by XIA, with the help of Tablo - is a dramatic dreamlike blend of Kpop codes and elements from hip-hop, rap, orchestral and classical music. Throughout the song coexist electronic beats, synths, strings, choirs, and more. Despite falling under the Kpop category, it has been standing out from the crowd of usual ballads due to its uncommon epic arrangements and fantasy quality. Until today, it remains a piece that stands the test time and Kpop connoisseurs regularly come back to. I love that song and always get goosebumps as the song develops and reaches its peak.

XIA wrote the song, whose lyrics may deal with overcoming a painful past, as well as the desperation and deep-rooted scars that that makes resurface. For him, this was first and foremost a cathartic personal story to tell, related to his newly recovered artistic freedom after the leaving the grinder of the Kpop machine. But for certain the message can apply to anyone who has faced hardship at some point in life.

The mindblowing imagery relies on symbolism to convey the message. Sometimes things are better left unsaid in art, it makes the statement all the more powerful.

Come try out the emotional turmoil presented here by XIA and Tablo.

It's burning up
The truth hidden in lies
It's been silenced
All the dreams broken on lips
Nobody can help me
Take me out from rotten memories

Come take my hand
Drench my dried up heart

tuorem

Good evening, people of Natia. Welcome to the newcomers and returnees. xcheer

With Pyreica hosting, we decided to step back in time and remember a fond childhood memory by sending the entry below.

5q8Dmc0.png

I definitely was not born yet when Kim Wilde released her interpretation of the song "Keep Me Hangin' On", but I sure did enjoy it instantly when finding this goldie after rummaging through an old box full of vinyl records during a holiday in a family house in Brittany. Beyond the memory, I genuinely think this 80's spin on a 60's composition did not age one bit.

I especially like how the song progresses and the mood gets angrier to fit the theme of the lyrics. Although it seems to deal with the difficulty of cutting ties with someone after a failed relationship, the delivery actually gives me delightfully empowering vibes. Listen to it a few time, and you soon will find yourself screaming "GET OUT. GET OUT OF MY LIFE. AND LET ME SLEEP AT NIGHT". A highly cathartic song, as far as I am concerned: the art of letting go is a skill so important in life.

Why do you keep a comin' around
Playing with my heart
Why don't you get out of my life
And let me make a brand-new start
Let me get over you
The way you've gotten over me

Set me free why don't you, babe
Get out my life why don't you, baby
'Cause you don't really love me
You just keep me hangin' on
Now you don't really need me
You just keep me hangin' on

tuorem

Just so you know: here comes a flag change for Tybalteva. xcheer

I like to think of it as a an upgraded version of the previous one: clearer structure and more colours, while keeping the same flavour.

All that's left to do is celebrate this national milestone in ::sic now xdance

UQ0RzNs.jpg

tuorem

Hello people of Natia, I hope you are having a nice summertime so far.

I was not aware I would go directly to the final for this edition, and so I picked our next entry out of lust for lightheartedness. Saying I am in such a mood at the moment would be a lie, and yet that is what I seek and resonate with these days.

tlPochu.png

As a result, I decided to send Samantha Hudson with her song Adicta Al Sonido ("sound addict"), aka the kind of overtly uptempo pop effort I did not know I needed. It is just what it claims to be, and sometimes that's enough. I really like the pace changes and breaks here, as well as the arrangements that keep the composition interesting throughout. It's giving me pop, but also slightly J-pop/hyperpop/trip-hop somehow. And it is infectious, so...

On that note, if you'll excuse me: I will end this post and go play the song xmusic

tuorem

Yikes, I forgot to even post our current entry - aka the synth-pop summer hit of the year - for NSC 220 in ::hal...

wLENzVC.png

Since music speaks louder than words (that is, I'm too lazy right now to write about the song), I'll just leave the MV of this legendary duet : Jordanelle and Julien Pailleté singing a relatable kind of summer romance to a chill tune. xmusic

Last edited:

tuorem

Time to get theatrical! No presentation needed, since the MV intro says it all :cool:

xcheer Glad to be a part of our neighbours' show in ::grf

7m5zWqE.png

For those of you who like it uncut, you may listen to the full version of the song below (it features an additional verse and chorus).

tuorem

Catching up, as I am literally deserting this forum. Did not even bother posting the latest entries, so here they are. Gloria Groove put an end to our drag era, while Naâman started a series of four miscellaneous songs before the next era.

NSC 222 - GLORIA GROOVE - JOGO PERIGOSO

-

NSC 223 - NAÂMAN - WALK

Looking forward to our next effort, which is yet another kind of infectiousness. :love:

Top Bottom