Contact us

TYBALTEVA 🗝️ NSC 224 🗝️ Olivia Ruiz - La Réplique

tuorem

0o1eOcU.png

Woo-hoo! Thank you for the support in NSC 197. Our best result to date. xheart

Since eight is a very important number to me and it will be Tybalteva's eighth participation in Emsfrynt, I decided we will send nothing less than our national anthem. And it will be sung in old Tybaltevan. :giggle:

#StayTuned

tuorem

Good evening Natia, I eventually present you the eighth Tybaltevan entry in NSC, that is no other than our national anthem. You have probably heard it before without paying attention during the Olympic Games and football matches. It is the essence of our people in musical form. The remains of past joy and suffering, battles and schemes: the turbulent and fleeting nature of life.

JEtzJbp.png

Officially called "In Uthenera" (which - in old Tybaltevan - can translate to "in a long sleep" or "in an endless dream") is most commonly known as "Lelianna's song", in reference to a mythical bard who supposedly lived in medieval times and roamed the country singing songs and telling tales about royals, heroes and legends. Lelianna was considered a prominent figure among people for entertaining them with captivating stories she lived during her peregrinations and maintaining the hope of less troubled times.

Several of her songs crossed the ages until today, and "In Uthenera" is one of them. It is said she wrote it when first visiting a picturesque waterfall called the "Uniaéversu Perstéan" (Portal of the Universe). Located in the big forêt des âmes vaporeuses (forest of hazy souls) 54km south to the Tybaltevan capital, the waterfall rushes through a round cavity that was regarded as a portal to the heavenly vault, according to the bard. Despite the various tales told about Lelianna, all tally with each other when it comes to the last time she was seen. As she was convinced she could travel to the heavens, she marched to the waterfall at the break of dawn one day, followed by a few fellow travellers. She started bathing in the pool and waited for the sun to break through the cavity to climb back up the bed of the river. The light was so intense that her friends saw her silhouette disappear in the blink of an eye. Past the stupefaction and despite their efforts to know where she went, no one saw her ever again. Of course, the legend says she succeeded in entering the heart of the universe.

Nowadays, the Portal of the Universe is a protected heritage site visited by millions of Tybaltevans each year. Whether they are admirers of Lelianna, in search of spiritual connection or simply fond of nature, they are millions to make the trip to reach the waterfall before the sunrise, when the atmosphere is mystically misty. The whole point is to witness the sunlight fill the portal. It is said that for a minute, the birds and surroundings go quiet and one could hear Lelianna sing from a distance, provided one's ear is trained to disregard the noise made by the rushing waters. I myself go there every year because it's a place full of meaning to us, it's almost like connecting to a common soul only Tybaltevans can feel in their innermost beings.

PwskNT9.jpg

The "Portal of the Universe" before and after the sunrise.

"In Uthenera" became the national anthem of Tybalteva when the dislocated lands were unified. It is filled with nostalgia, happiness, sorrow and mysticism: what life has been about for generations of Tybaltevans.

We hope the song will resonate with some of you, although we do not expect foreigners to relate to it as deeply as we do. Since it is sung in Old Tybaltevan, you can find the translation of the lyrics below. Enjoy!

4YnZFI4.png

For those who don't have time for the BS and want to know where the song comes from, click the spoiler below:

tuorem

Good evening Natian people, long time no see.

I have been away for a while because I was on holiday. Actually, I accepted @HayashiM 's invitation to visit Endórë for two weeks... And it was a total change of scene. Thank you Master for accommodating me at your own house and Barbora for being my improvised travel guide when work was calling you. xheart

I will remember fondly the giggles, the homemade lizzas fresh out of the oven, the sunsets vanishing into the deep-green forests, and the endless conversations at night while sipping that one obscure sort of local tea you made me discover.

I can only recommend people to take a trip to the unusual nation that is Endórë... if you are the adventurous sort. For someone like me, who was not accustomed to rusticity, wild landscapes and intimidating creatures showing up here and there, it's been an experience. As a pure layman, I cannot fathom the depths of Endorian culture in such a short time, but the glimpse of it that I caught intrigued me for sure.

For recollection's sake, here's a picture I took of both Sir Hayashi and Lady Barbora while the three of us were having one last drink outside before my departure.
xgoddess

bB7nYUQ.jpg

Take care guys, thank you for your hospitality, and see you soon I hope! xkiss I moved back to Gatineau: just give me a call if you'd like to come over here, the door will always be open for you. :)

edit: Tybalteva will take part in NSC 199. The entry was sent to astronaut Ferret. The presentation of it will come tomorrow if I'm not too lazy.

tuorem

Good evening guys. I am really pushing myself to post a presentation tonight, so please excuse me if it feels rushed, which is a shame since I love our next entry.

As you might have noticed, Tybaltevans always like to switch it up, so here is yet another facet of us for you to enjoy or dislike.

hSY61tY.png

On the occasion of our ninth participation in NSC, we will be represented by Astra Zero, who identifies himself as a "gay vampire with a risqué cerebral hemisphere and a penchant for gloomy aesthetics". Darkness is more than the mere consequence of the existence of light, it can be a lifestyle: once you commit to it, you don't ever want to backtrack as it ends up feeling like silk on your skin. Comforting and intoxicating.

Our representative was chosen from day one and - considering his name could have been given to a celestial body - I find it funny that the theme of this current edition is cosmos. Cosmos is a very inspirational concept and place to me due to how vast and puzzling it is. There is a poeticness to it that strongly appeals to me. Fun fact: did you know our nation had claimed ownership of a tiny part of it called the "constellation of the purple lion"? That ownership is recognised by no one but us, but that's beside the point, we Tybaltevans hold the sky in high regard and think we travel there when dreaming.

Back to our entry, we chose to send "We Make The Rules": an intense and cinematic blend of musical influences from electronica to trip hop to gothic metal... that ultimately remains its own thing. I feel the dark undertones of it with every fiber of my being and enjoy how psychedelic and gripping the visuals are. I would definitely go to the underworld, french kiss the Devil and revere my sins as best I can to this music.

Unless you fear the number of the beast, join us and surrender to your shadows for a while.

He's a block away and you're so afraid
Cause your body isn't ready for this escapade
But you need it now, God he's almost here
And this mother fucker's ready to relive your fear
So you dim the lights, And you pray to God
That he's gonna give it up the way he said he would

You can be my enemy in public
But right now you're mine
And now we're gonna let out all our anger
And push the limits

That is all for now. See you somewhere in the cosmos. xheart

HayashiM

Veteran
Good evening Natian people, long time no see.

I have been away for a while because I was on holiday. Actually, I accepted @HayashiM 's invitation to visit Endórë for two weeks... And it was a total change of scene. Thank you Master for accommodating me at your own house and Barbora for being my improvised travel guide when work was calling you. xheart

I will remember fondly the giggles, the homemade lizzas fresh out of the oven, the sunsets vanishing into the deep-green forests, and the endless conversations at night while sipping that one obscure sort of local tea you made me discover.

I can only recommend people to take a trip to the unusual nation that is Endórë... if you are the adventurous sort. For someone like me, who was not accustomed to rusticity, wild landscapes and intimidating creatures showing up here and there, it's been an experience. As a pure layman, I cannot fathom the depths of Endorian culture in such a short time, but the glimpse of it that I caught intrigued me for sure.

For recollection's sake, here's a picture I took of both Sir Hayashi and Lady Barbora while the three of us were having one last drink outside before my departure.
xgoddess

bB7nYUQ.jpg

Take care guys, thank you for your hospitality, and see you soon I hope! xkiss I moved back to Gatineau: just give me a call if you'd like to come over here, the door will always be open for you. :)

edit: Tybalteva will take part in NSC 199. The entry was sent to astronaut Ferret. The presentation of it will come tomorrow if I'm not too lazy.

I am so glad to hear about your safe arrival back to Gatineau, we've almost started to worry about you, with this modern plague and other nasty stuff everywhere!

Thank you for your visit, it'd been really nice having you. It is a pity you hadn't mentionned earlier when exactly you were coming, we could've spared you the nasty adventure of neighbouring houses breathing smoke through their green facades and chasing you over half of the land... So remember, our home is your home, next time, just let us know you're on your way and we'll send an eagle. Or maybe a poney, they are more reliable I guess :)

Also, what a great gift - the Tybaltevan variety of basil seeds - you'd brought us! I imagine this is how Athelas must have smelt in the old days before its extinction... We have planted the basil in the warmth of our greenhouse and hope for a great crop - I am sure its grown leaves and lizzas shall combine perfectly one day.

Btw, I have indeed gained about 20kg since moving in together with Lady Barbora - thank you for magically redistributing my weight to the somewhat more flattering areas on this picture ;)

I hope you feel well rested after the visit. We can't wait to explore Gatineau under your kind guidance, and to taste all those soft drinks from Asciùdaz you spoke about with so much enthusiasm...

Take care and see you around ;) Good luck to you and your vampire representative in NSC 199!

(After this excellent Tybaltevan publicity, should anyone else also feel curious about visiting Endórë outside of the WLSC scope, just let me know. There's always going to be some adventures and surprises like the occasional drunk goblin posing for our - nonexistent - president, however trust us - we are doing our best to improve the situation and lots has been achieved already.)

Last edited:

tuorem

Hello everyone,

I hope you will spend quality times with your loved ones as the end of the year is near.

As far as NSC is concerned, I'm glad ::nal finally won. Travelling to new destinations is always nice. For this occasion, us Tybaltevans are once again switching it up musically-speaking.

9vye7w1.png

We are leaving Astra Zero's coffin for Zazie's Indian garden. Our current entry was planned a long time ago, but a week ago, I discovered a song I suddenly wanted to send... only to find out it had already been sent by ::bal :LOL: So, I got back to my original choice, which is just as well.

This time, we invite you to enter the smooth atmosphere of "La Dolce Vita" : a meditative drum-driven synth pop piece with jazz and French music accents. There is an actual dichotomy between the slight dramaticness of the verses and the dreamy nostalgia of the choruses, which illustrates the lyrics in musical form.

Lyrically, it deals with a couple whose love made way for bitterness and confusion over time: a situation which couldn't be further from the ideals they had originally. During the chorus, Zazie reminds her companion of the sweet life ("la dolce vita") they wanted to live together and wonders if they could scrap it.

It is a mellow piece recounting a decaying relationship torn between spliting and clinging to a longing for a future they desired. The song ends with lines that could spark hope, provided they are heard by the one they are directed at.

Come join the apparent peacefulness of Zazie's Indian garden and let's share our interest in a love that meets our expectations.

We'll only have to behave as if everything were fine
That is okay if it's not true
We'll only have to pretend, even if it means doing without
At the risk of acting like our parents
Like a good little soldier, a good apostle
Neither a gesture made nor a voice raised

It is the sweet life
Could it be that we forget
That life we don't live
Yet promised ourselves

tuorem

Ladies and gentlemen,

Last night, Tybaltevan broadcaster TYBC 1 aired a concert related to NSC to celebrate the new year.

HLktcnj.jpg

As soon as the sun set on Gatineau, viewers discovered a brand new kind of show taking inspiration from the successful and glamourous Tybaltevan Music Awards : the NSC Anniversary Awards, meant to celebrate the first decade of Tybaltevan participation in the international contest.

3A3vSTX.jpg

All ten Tybaltevan representatives to date were invited to perform their entries live, as well as share memories about their experiences.

ef4eyxF.png

It started out with the traditional red-carpet ceremony, I picked a few pictures below for you to get a taste of it.

WxWvMdp.png

Roch Voisine and his partner were the first ones to arrive last night.

SxFvrsg.jpg

Multifaceted artist Gain bombarded with camera flashes.

y6zePtv.jpg

Anggun sporting a diaphanous blue dress with a train.

SY8JrXL.jpg

Artist and Miss Tybalteva 2004 Suchitra Pillai (who was featured in Zazie's MV for "La Dolce Vita") hosted the show.​

The show lasted about three hours, with live performances interspersed with reports from recent editions of NSC. Click the spoiler button to re-watch some of the performances given (Lara Fabian, Halyna Mlynkova, EVERGLOW, Zazie...). Marina Kaye was not physically present, yet she gave a piano performance of her song live from Utopolis.

In addition to Tybaltevan artists, several foreign ones made the trip to complete the lineup. Among them, acts voted in by the audience in their respective editions :

Blackbriar (::bel 192)
Kim Konja (::ari 192)
Bóveda Celeste (::doi 193)
Taeyeon (::pyr 193)
Ahn Ye Eung (::ari 194)
Sa Dingding (::bel 195)
Alex C feat. Yasmin K (::ros 196)
Minelli (::sun 197)
Powerwolf (::vyl 198)
Elin Bell (::nal 199)
John Grant (::ins 199)​

Finally, awards based on pre-determined categories were given to the acts that represented the nation. Unlike the Tybaltevan Music Awards, no professional jury was involved: people could vote online via the official website or call the number shown on screen during the entire show. If you missed it, here is a recap of the award-winning acts by category:

0aTEqIV.png

That was a pretty overwhelming victory for Inon Zur & Aubrey Ashburn's "Lelianna's Song (In Uthenera)", but that should come as no surprise since that is our national anthem. Tybaltevans really are patriotic. Not that far behind, national legend Lara Fabian won three awards, thus hijacking the competition. Nonetheless Gain managed to snatch the artistic trophee, while the international category (the only one where people from all over the world could vote) rewarded EVERGLOW.

On that note, Tybalteva's first decade in NSC comes to an end. My team is actively working on the next one, so stay tuned guys! :cool:

tuorem

Good evening people,

I am currently going through a phase in life that does not give me much free time, hence why I seldom am online from now on. Hopefully, I will be able to keep up with NSC, as I remain quite a recent participant.

Even this late short presentation of our current entry costs me, but I couldn't not give it a miss.

pziE2bN.png

Thus, Tybalteva starts its new decade with SUNMI and her song "Tail", that I would describe as a sensually-charged blend of dance and city pop with dark undertones. It might not be a flashy choice, yet it is definitely a grower that gets catchier with each listening. It deals with instinctive feelings regarding love. As the artist explained, she plays "a super sensitive cat woman villainess who wants love with all her heart, expressing her deepest instinctive feelings". Since animals use their tails to express their emotions, it was used as the centrepiece of the concept.

The song became a huge hit in Tybalteva, and it is still charting to date. When I tell you I've been and still am obsessed with "Tail", I mean it (it's been playing on repeat for months). Of course, it appeals to me because it fuses sultry vocals with cold/dark arrangements: the best of two different worlds, in theory. I like how SUNMI opted for a theatrical interpretation that gives texture and rhythmics to the entire composition; I would argue it's the main asset of her effort.

I also love the choreography that goes with it (I learned the moves to a tee), hence why I decided to send a studio performance rather than the official music video below (which is visually nice, but not as fitting imo).

Wag your tail and let your primal urges take over to the music.

Look straight into my eyes
Hold your drooping head up high
Hissing, all my nerves on edge
Probably it began after I clawed at you

Do it baby, it's okay
As if having the world in your hands
Just be egotistic

Stop there
I could even hear up to here
The corners of your mouth going up
It's too soon to be sorry
You know it, wait for it

We're madly in love
Kiss each other like crazy
Rock your head like crazy
Wag our tails frantically

Enjoy! I'll also link the studio performance below so that the choreography gets to shine as well. Until next time!

tuorem

Hello people of Natia, I hope you're having a great Sunday :)

With this new NSC edition in ::aim, it was time to present our current entry. It is a special one since we are sending a royal member.

rJpY1Y8.png

Ever wondered if there was a Tybaltevan counterpart to Cascada in Solentoya or Keiino in Moisantia, aka an icon that sells millions, tours in stadiums and makes a hit out of everything they touches? Well, look no further! The search is over!

Amapola Aedan of Tybalteva - also known under her stage name La Prohibida - is part of Tybaltevan royalty: she is a cousin of our ruling King on His father's side. Amapola has always been a rather discreet figure until she started a musical carreer. For years, she has been frowned upon by her relatives and made fun of by a certain part of the population because her longing for indie pop music was not considered appropriate for someone of her stature. Yet she pursued her efforts - releasing records true to her self and making shows in small venues - until a song of hers ("Ganas De Matar") reached the general public. In just a few months, Amapola garnered popularity to the point all her records were retroactively revisited and her public image restored. Now, she is regarded as an artist with no equal in terms of impact at national level, as she keeps smashing records: outselling the whole industry, doing concerts in sold out arenas, and making hits that many people know by heart. And all that with the modesty, classiness and kindness that always were characteristic of her.

Therefore, I invite all to listen to the song that dramatically changed La Prohibida's musical fate in our country: "Ganas De Matar" (which could be translated as "desire to kill") is a dance-electronica-italo disco mixture whose dramatic anthemic energy and infectious melody hide a chillingly sad layer. The lyrics deals with a upheaval of feelings when time sounds the death knell of a split, ranging from despair to loneliness to consuming bitterness.

It rings and I can't stop it
Your voice in my mind
That vilely announces that this is over
It is not an absolute failure
It's just another fucking ending

How I could love you
Hyenas know
That a full moon they wanted to mock
Of your vinegar in my wound
The cruel farewell that you did not want to spare me

Alone and without natural charm
The one who loses is me
What do you want me to say?
What a disappointment
Who had the talent of eternity

Alone in the middle of the big city
neither friends nor warmth
What do you want me to tell you?
How awful!
What do I do now with this desire to kill?

On a side note, I should have written an entire post about the developments of the "Letter-gate" this week (if you guys have followed the story), but I did not have time for it sadly. If you guys remember: pictures of love letters written by our King and directed at Gustaav of Griffin Empire were published online, which fueled rumours about both figures being in a secret relationship. The news made a splash in both nations and investigations were carried out to find the people responsible for that "invasion of privacy involving royalty".

As the ex-consort in this story, I was naturally suspected, and even dragged through the mud by the press because I was considered the ideal culprit who would seek a post-divorce revenge. People started to stalk and harass me, to the point I had to hire bodyguards 24/7. One day, the police searched my new boyfriend's apartment, looking for clues of my crime, as well as his potential involvement: it must be said that he is a business man who was accused several times in the past of having ties with the Tyuzukang that strikes in Joekeong and Latha-Rone... But no proof of that ever came out.

BYt8OwA.png

In the meantime, King Archibald and Gustaav of Griffin Empire officially announced their plans to wed, thus cementing a long and strong alliance between their respective nations. Me? I claimed that I was framed all along and never knew about those letters. Still, the police arrested me to question me in the hope I would confess with all the pressure I had been carrying on my shoulders for a while. Some people supported me, but not many. For such a crime, I was liable to a thirty-year jail sentence: any harm done to a sovereign is considered high treason and thus severely punished in Tybalteva. Amapola Aedan was the one who spoke up, going against the claims of some and the astounding silence of others. She testified on my behalf and gave the police information on both my personality and alibi that exonerated me for good.

DcjpnE1.png

Simultaneously, the investigations conducted by the Griffin authorities - whose development was strangely concealed for a time by our national press - revealed bribes and plots involving one of Gustaav's maids, two Tybaltevan guards from Archibald's inner circle, and contacts from a clan of the Tyuzukang. Although all Tyuzuka are yet to be identified, all those who were were arrested, extradited and sentenced. The motives and overall plan are still unclear, but apparently the Tyuzukang contemplated murduring a member of the Griffin royal family and use the Guustav-Archibald relationship to manipulate minds, so that Griffin Empire would start a war against Tybalteva - thinking our King would like to overthrow the Empress and conquer the nation...

But none of that happened thanks to the effectiveness of the Griffin justice... and Amapola of Tybalteva who saved me from a trap and thus disrupted the plans of those who wanted to see me pay for those criminals. My name was cleared, but I did not go through these twists and turns unscathed: I left the country and got out into the Pyreican countryside for three months, and let one of my colleagues replace me as NSC head of delegation. Now that I came back, my first wish was to ask Amapola if she would agree to be our next representative, as a token of immense gratitude. And after humbly refusing at first, I managed to convince her. Even in the darkest times, a flame was burning and it shone so bright, as Amapola and I became close friends after that.

Thanks for reading! xheart

tuorem

Late, as usual.

wEsk2Pi.png

For the thirteenth participation, I was contemplating on sending something super special, but then I thought why not just send a song I'm jamming to at the moment. Keane is one of my favourite bands hands-down; like rock music, I feel like pop-rock is one of the genres I find the dullest for some reason. It just so happens that I often lost interest 20 seconds in a song of that genre, so when it draws me in, I notice. There could have been many options to select from their repertoire, and yet I went for a pretty unknown song of theirs.

"The Boys" is an oldschool alternative-rock/indie pop piece of candy that somehow never fails to pick me up despite the pretty nostalgic theme developed there. As I understand it, it is about looking at a picture of yourself taking you back to your young days when life felt magic and simple, with the strange feeling of distance in time, of having lived in a long gone era that memory cannot quite reproduce. It is also dealing with looking back on past thoughts and behaviours one might have had while assessing them in the light of the mature self one has become. It could be quite depressing actually, but the cheerful melody constrasts nicely with the lyrics.

Everyone - at some point - will face of a picture of themselves with all the memories that come with it. Hope you enjoy the ride!

The boys are grinning from the photograph
It's Friday night and they're trying so hard
The sun is dropping, and they want to go
Driving into town to see some girls they know

The boys, blazing on a summer night
Girls they want to watch them ride
Is that the way it was before?
'Cause I don't remember
Boys, friends at every bar in town
Running all the good days down
Is that the way it was before?
'Cause I don't remember

tuorem

IbwzkLF.png

I met you when she was gone already
Pathological jealousy she installed her nest
Don't even think because I'm already in his bed

I am the ocean, she is the sea
I am the voice that silences you
I am gentleness, she is hatred
And the only one you love

Us, it will always be different
Much better than her and better than before
She is a sigh, I am the wind
I am the only one you love

tuorem

Hi y'all,

Unfortunately, I'm way too busy these days to keep writing essays on my entries, that's how it is. Just thought I'd mention we received a lot of propositions for NSC 205 as it is held in neighbouring ::grf. In the end, my team agreed on a depressed heartbroken brawny Korean-speaking compatriot. Chronic sadness is fashionable in Tybalteva, you know. xheart

PS.: the MV is a must-watch since we hired Tanoirian HoD Ana Raquel -"Anaraqueen 1st - Rainha do Brazil" to make an appearance with her iconic gun-pointing pose. :LOL:

Rn6O3gY.png

Like I've never loved anyone before
Like I've never let anyone in
I thought you were the one, I completely wiped you off

The chains that you broke at will
Are still tied to me, oh why?
I'm worn and torn, only scars remain
I'm the one that has become cold

Don't wanna talk
Don't wanna fight
Don't wanna play
I can't get over you
Just wanna watch
Now that's enough, just pass me by
In this moment where I miss you, I lose

Last edited:

tuorem

Tybaltevan NSC fans reacting to Wonho's qualification live at a bar in Gatineau, the capital.

crowd-cheering-crowd.gif

Thank you so much for the support, for that was unexpected. Continuing the adventure in ::grf means a lot to us. We expect high viewing ratings for the grand final. Whatever happens now, our boy will be given a warm welcome at the airport when he comes back.

Good luck to all the finalists xclap

tuorem

Hey y'all

There's been quite a lot of changes in the roster lately, so welcome ::eff ::rld ::uto :D I'm really diggin their flags, Effiland's may well be one of my all-time favourites overall xcheer

On an other note, we lost some soldiers (#sadfacemodeon) and it just so happens that our broadcaster is currently sending BQL with "Peru" to Svobodnetsk, Svobodnia. BQL is a pop music duo made up of two brothers : Anej and Rok. Although they have Tybaltevan citizenship, they are of Tuzian-QuiénDQi descent and have lived in both nations in the course of their childhood.

I'd like to dedicate this effort to ::qdq and ::tuz @94ayd @VasilijeM miss you guys already xheart

4DX1ZIs.png

"Peru" is a pop-ish-rock-ish piece with an electronic varnish. To me, it lyrically deals with daydreaming and fantasizing about being in a relationship with a certain someone while being aware that one's own world couldn't be farther from reality. A relatable topic for many. Several musical critiques pointed out how odd it was for brothers to sing such a theme face to face, but that's the beauty of interpretation, right? Like in the MV, some will think two brothers are strongly attracted to a girl who espaces from them, and others will prefer a spicier twist and support a forbidden kind of ship where the girl is out of the picture in the end. Regardless of where you stand on the matter, we hope that you will enjoy the song: I'm not a BQL fan, but that one piece I do like a lot.

Please do not mind the broken ass translation bit below, for I have no means of checking the accuracy of it. :LOL:

I still believe it's still smoldering,
They long for each other
Blinded by brilliance,
The frost remains, icy.
I'm still hiding in the dark,
In front of false truths
And it doesn't hurt what I don't know
I know I could, but it doesn't work
Is the place a place somewhere?
Whenever I hear your echo
Is the place a place somewhere?
Whenever I see your reflection
Peru
For us, I know, paradise is somewhere

tuorem

Hello beaches, let's go to the beach-each in Fettevika, Kimmystan xdance

Despite our plane getting delayed, the Tybaltevan delegation finally arrived for the party on time. Since we expected most participants to bring the heat on the occasion of this summery edition, we thought "how 'bout we give Christmasy chill vibes instead?" One thing led to another, and this happened.

LSjOtLL.png

Yes indeed, international legend Willam will be representing us with the song "Ho Ho Ho Ho", as rap music with dance embellishments and truly universal lyrical content is what Natia and NSC need right now imo. It is a bit of a departure from what we have brought to the table in the past, and it always is thrilling to switch things up. We had a completely different offer in mind for #207, but Willam showed up at the last minute and changing our minds felt like the right thing to do.

It is raw, loud, mostly unmelodious and borderline coarse... And that is the point. Love the old-school mid-00's beats and nonchalant flow. Also, we've got visuals that match the highly spiritual lyrics there: viewers in Kimmystan should not be disappointed. :LOL:

Bougie-acting people can leave the room this time around: if you're still here just wear your favourite lace one-piece suit and get in the mood. xdance

Once upon a time, not long ago
HO HO HO HO
And Santa's hittin' it
Cross me off of his, Gutbucket list
All in the snow
And I was gettin' it
Sittin' on his lap
Like a present, bitch
HO HO HO HO
Him and me
And he was rimmin' me
Santa like to creep
Down my chimney

tuorem

Hey y'all! Before I forget, don't mind me presenting briefly our current contribution sent to New Bander State. I had an act set for a long time, but as I heard of this edition's theme - "art haus" - it no longer was a match. Not that it was not artsy, but it maybe lacked a spark I was looking for on this occasion. So we called for submissions in the last few days and ended up selecting the following act that fit our vision:

VT29scc.png

Again switching it up, as we like to do. Let me introduce you to icon Coco Argentée, whom I thought had all it takes to make it to Ferret's museum, serving voice, moves, attitude and avant-garde looks. "Je Me Sens" is an intoxicating and infectious take on Bikutsi music, mixed with elements originating from Pygmy peoples' culture. A balance between now and yesterday with a strong local identity.

Lyrically, it calls for self-emancipation and the will to live as one wishes (through valuing one's own worth) regardless of what people may think, say or do. Let us all dance under the midnight-blue sky while leaving our own barriers on the side for a moment, shall we?

Mading mintâan ba dii gari
Bâdjone mâ ding minnôme mia ve me mony
Bâdjône benvoué bam bâading minyéné Bâadjone minfeuk mine me mbolane
Badjone defame bedi dang dsingimâ
Je me sens, je me sens, je me sens
Mawôgue mâa mieûn akiaa Mbeng mbeung mbeung é
Avec ou sans toi je me sens

tuorem

Hello people of Natia! Better late than never, but here is our contribution to the exotic edition held in Tcher-Racoi.

My team thought that to celebrate further Endórë's debut in NSC, we would have to borrow one of their artists :p No offense nor attempt at scorewhoring there, just plain homage xangel

MPTFXLy.png

Soooo, we tried to reach several Endorian talent over the past weeks, but it seems they clearly desired to fly their own flag, which is more than understandable. Thankfully, a friend of a friend put me in contact with a mysterious "Daddy Noid". She said he was quite funny, burly, with a husky voice and musical skills to entertain the Dwarven community when no one's looking.

I said "let's meet in a seedy bar past midnight". He said his name was Noid, as in paranoid. He laughed. His eyes had an eerie glow to them, I almost got creeped out, but when sounds started coming out of his throat, I told him "say the word and I'll make sure you'll make it to the NSC stage". The rest is history.

Tybalteva proposes a dramatic rock ballad this time around, with the hope of marking the occasion and telling Endorians they are welcomed with open arms. xheart

Last edited:
Top Bottom