Contact us

TYBALTEVA 🗝️ NSC 224 🗝️ Olivia Ruiz - La Réplique

theditz83

Veteran
Omg!!! How did I not realise this is Lara Fabian the first time I watched it?? Oh that's right, because the Hollywood-esque production had me floored... xheat

Send help, I'm shook to my core!! xfaint

giphy.gif

tuorem

Good evening guys!

Second and last promotional halt before crossing the finish line! We are getting there! :)

Since this morning, our advertisement campaign continued not only on TV/radios/social media but also in the streets. Many Tybaltevan NSC fans - very active on fan forums - who recognised who was featured in the teaser (shoutout to Gary as well ;)) spotted billboards of the established artist in question with the name of the nation in giant letters. As a result, it brought an end to remaining speculations. Here is a couple of pictures:

qdLMdBI.jpg

Digital billboard promoting NSC 191 in the business center of Joekeong, Tybalteva.

qKtzJE1.jpg

Another billboard spotted in Doire, the host country.
I ended up posting the artwork on social media to confirm what the die-hard fans knew already. Here it is:

tTbrZcF.jpg

International Tybaltevan star Lara Fabian will be our representative! Today, she was invited to the midday news bulletin on TYBC 1 to be interviewed by journalist Tiphaine Pereira, please find an excerpt below:

JvXq2UU.png

-Pereira: Good morning Lara Fabian. Is it still necessary to present you? Experienced vocalist and songwriter, a repertoire comprising numerous popular classics, 10 sold-out tours around the world to your credit, a 35-year career, the King in person even knighted you for your achievements... Lara Fabian, is there anything that you still dream of doing?

-Fabian: Good morning, thank you for inviting me. Of course, there are millions of things that pique my interest and fill me with wonder on a daily basis. The difference is that, when growing older, priorities change: they may be less spectacular yet they are just as meaningful and fulfilling. Taking care of my husband and daughter definitely is the core of the life I want to live now. The way you introduced me makes me feel like you talked about someone else: I always did my best for the sake of music and singing, for me piling honours up was a fortunate consequence rather than a goal. I remain very detached about that.

[...]

-Pereira: Today, it was announced that you would be the first representative of Tybalteva in the international song contest "Nation Song Contest", but many viewers may not be aware that you took part in that show before... And even won!

-Fabian: That's true! Quite a long time ago (smiles) I flew the flag of Scorpiona during the 29th edition of that gigantic show because I lived there for more than a decade. Winning was totally unexpected to me, as participating was not even a desire of mine at the time. It was a conjuction of circumstances: the Scorpionian head of delegation at the time attended one of my concerts and then asked to meet me to discuss his offer. I was younger, so I accepted thinking it would be an interesting side project, but it turned out to be a big deal, more terrifying than I could have imagined. Representing a nation is much more stressful than representing yourself only: there are expectations to meet and an entire people counting on you to make it proud.

-Pereira: And yet, here you are again!

-Fabian: Yes! (laughs) But the situation is very different: I moved back to Tybalteva for personal reasons five years ago, and I assume the geographical proximity incited Conan Anubis - from the TYBC - to approach me. He told me about the impending debut of the country and wanted to present of sort of "postcard" to the world, implying that - as a leading Tybaltevan artist - I would be more than suitable to be featured in it. At first, I refused because it caught me off-guard and I had experienced the contest before. However, my daughter made a valid point: I am proud of my Tybaltevan roots and it is the place where everything started for me, so maybe this was my chance to try to repay my country for turning the life of the little girl that I was into the dream I had. All things considered, it is the least I could do.

[...]

-Pereira: NSC is a very popular show that is said to have positive aftermath in terms of tourism and advertisement for the participating nations. In what fashion do you think it could benefit Tybalteva?

-Fabian: Aside from the musical standpoint and entertainment factor, I believe Tybalteva would benefit from participating to "make a name for itself", if that makes any sense. As ironic as it may sound, our country is well known at regional level, yet it remains largely unsung in the rest of Natia. If music can be a vessel for people to discover our nation, that has so much to offer, then getting involved in NSC is a noble move.

-Pereira: In concrete terms, what can we expect from the song you will perform in Doire?

-Fabian: Since it is only a matter of days before the entry is presented, my answer will remain evasive. If "mysterious" and "cinematic" are words that mean something to you, that is a good start. The music video was shot by a very talented director from New Bander State and the staging - which we are still working on - will reflect the same atmosphere. Now that I think of it, Anubis was right when considering this debut a "postcard", for it will look and sound very Tybaltevan eventually.

-Pereira: How are you preparing for the contest?

-Fabian: My routine is not any different than going on tour: a healthy diet, lots of sleep, and daily singing lessons, because - as technically-seasoned as I am in this regard - it is ever necessary, like training for an athlete. Also, I am working with an understanding team that enables me to focus on what is essential, which is a luxury.

-Pereira: Last question: what can we expect from you after the contest?

-Fabian: First of all, I recently released an experimental album called "Lockdown Sessions", only available on my official website larafabian.com. And, while I am working on new music, I will soon start rehearsing for the second leg of my 50 World Tour, that will stop in countries I did not visit the first time. Regarding Tybalteva, new dates in Gatineau, Joekeong, MĂ garti and Nev JoĂ rk will be added in the months to come.

-Pereira: Thank you for this interview, Lara Fabian, and good luck for NSC.

-Fabian: Thank you very much.

That was pretty much it for today :) The artist was revealed! I hope the interview gave you a bit of background information as well.

The third and final date is 17/03, 19:00CET. I can confirm you that on Wednesday, the song and the music video will be revealed, along with a comment by yours truly. ;)

Thank you for reading and stay tuned!

theditz83

Veteran
Yessss, great debut artist! And excellent coverage of the reveal as ever (that interview xheat )

Now we are watching with anticipation to see which song you will choose (there are a couple that I'm praying for xpray )

tuorem

DEBUT ENTRY REVEAL
Introductory speech (by Tuorem, head of delegation)

"Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

After days of teasing, I am honoured to announce the entry selected for the Tybaltevan debut. Both Lara Fabian - our representative - and our NSC delegation have shortlisted seven songs (showcasing five different languages) for the occasion. The option that garnered the most praises at the end of the discussions is called "Mademoiselle Hyde".

lD4cU4v.jpg

"Mademoiselle Hyde" is a dramatic crossover with a cinematic melody and symphonic arrangements.

Regarding the meaning of the song and video: it deals with our inability to change the very essence of who we are, regardless of how much effort we make to attain that goal. In the video, Fabian plays a vampire who is torn between good and evil. She genuinely wants to fight her inner dark side for the man that cannot help but love her, but she fails to do so because she cannot go against half of what she is. Eventually, she consumes her admiror despite attempting to warn him against her own dangerousness. Mademoiselle Hyde is an eerie work of art which contains graphic scenes and conveys a philosophical message under an imaginary varnish. It is unique in Fabian's videography.

The song became a hit in Tybalteva, selling 800,000 copies in a week and thus marking the best start for a single in 2011.

Thank you for your attention, now let's make room for the music video, shall we? :-)"

Don't approach me
Don't touch my skin
I will burn you alive

I've regreted
Though I hate it
I am Mademoiselle Hyde

Back to real life: like our master Hayashi hinted in his comment above, Fabian had to be our first representative. I even unilaterally "claimed" her a bit by saying she was Tybaltevan (although I'm aware it's not a thing in NSC) because I am pretty sure there is no bigger fan than me on the forum. I am a kid of the 90's, so I discovered her when I was age 7, got mesmerised by such an unusual talent, and never ceased to follow her journey to this day. I own most of her discography and was lucky enough to see her twice in concert. I can say Fabian was my biggest influence: not only musically (in terms of style preferences) but also in my life in general. Through her voice and music, she made me experience so many emotions and reflect on so many topics that she shaped a big part of my life: she helped me to get to know who I was, how I could express/manage my feelings and preserve my inner sanctum. As an introvert whose head is often in the clouds, I deeply connected with Fabian's lyrical in-depth outlook on life. For all these reasons, it would have been just wrong for me to choose someone else.

P.S.: Now that the storytelling comes to an end, I would like to warmly thank everyone who followed all the prattle written in this thread: thank you for your emojis and reactions, that was very appreciated. From now on, it will be less fancy due to the rhythm imposed by the NSC schedule, however I plan to write a short comment when revealing each future Tybaltevan entry so that the thread remains of interest and people know why I send a particular song. That way, I could lay emphasis on the lyrical message, musical merit or real-life memories brought back by an entry. If there is nothing special to say, I still could make something up to fit the NSC narrative... Please let me know if you think it would be an added value compared to just posting a MV. :unsure:

Thank you again for reading. xbow

Last edited:

tuorem

Hello everyone,

Despite being away from the forum for weeks, I would like to thank one more time everyone who enjoyed our debut song. It meant a lot to me.

I can confirm Tybaltevans will participate in Begonia: our goal is to share our own musical identity and musings edition after edition.

Since we introducted mum in NSC 191, it is dad's turn this time around.

rL5Pzt0.png

Family portrait in the spoiler below:

We are leaving Mademoiselle Hyde's visual flashiness and musical epicness for "Pourtant" (that could be translated as "However"): an old-school moody pop-rock ballad in French. It deals with the feeling of numbness, moroseness and helplessness that usually creep in when suddenly losing a meaningful element of our lives: it could be a breakup, it could be bereavement... or even the inexorable feeling of drifting away from others, stuck deep inside the clouds of our innermost being, leaving us empty and misunderstood. I can say - with no enjoyment whatsoever - that I relate to such depressing phases at least once every ten days, so if it resonates with some of you too, just know you are not alone. It is very true that we always realise what we had once we lost it.

The lyrics are rather simple, yet I think they convey a sense of urgency and immediacy one may feel when reality punches them in the face: thoughts tend to come out unfiltered without any flourishes. Musically, the electric guitar is the centrepiece of the composition. It sets a meditative gloomy atmosphere that goes crescendo and reaches its climax when the solo instrumentals begin. Roch's voice acts as a medium for the internal chaos to exteriorise.

Voisine is most probably my favourite male artist in the French-speaking universe. He has been unfairly pigeonholed as the teenage heart-throb of a generation due to his physique and romantic songs, while his talents as a songwriter, musician and vocalist were overlooked. By sending him, I would like to pay tribute to his artistry and unique voice: I had the chance to see him in concert in 2018 and his voice was still precise and powerful, as if time did not have any effect on it. Like Lara, he does not know what "out of tune" is supposed to mean.

"Pourtant" is one of my favourite songs from him, and I always envisioned someone wandering aimlessly in the streets of a city while feeling alone in the crowd when listening to it, hence the visuals.

If you are the brooding kind, then let's go for a five-minute night walk together, shall we?

Without a noise everything passes by in my life
The night approaches, I think of nothing
Love, hatred, joy, boredom
Get lost within me like griefs

However my life gave me everything
Gave me all I desired
Why did my life take everything back from me?

P.S.: I put my "old key" emojis back in the thread title because they - alongside Låpøtré's potato - are displayed properly again on my screen... I'm not sure why, but I am glad to have my former symbol back.

esc87fan

I love him, he's from New Brunswick and is a Canadian treasure. He knows a lot about hockey too, he was on the commentary team for French television during the 2010 Olympic men's hockey tournament and went absolutely crazy when Sidney Crosby scored the overtime winner against the US in the gold medal final

tuorem

Hello beautiful Natia!

We have been rather quiet regarding our participation in NSC 193 so far, so it is time to present our next entry.

We change styles again while remaining in our cold and dark Tybaltevan style.

k3o2hEH.png

We say goodbye to the pop-rock melancholy of "Pourtant" for "Guilty": a sophisticated and foggy mixture of elements from electronic music, jazz and R&B, sung in Korean. It might not sound blatantly dark, but don't be fooled: it possesses somber undertones that creep up on you the more you listen to it. The production, phrasing and arrangements are mastered from start to finish : nothing is left to chance and small details appear with each listen.

The lyrics can be interpreted in two main ways: the story of the emotional entanglement of a person who is so helplessly attracted to someone - that has a bad influence on them - that they might agree to fall to the depths of despair and destroy themselves eventually. The assessment is clear, and yet confusion reigns over their mind. It could also be understood as someone's relation to religion, worshipping a god that does not bring the expected spiritual fulfillment and maintains its believer in a state of distress.

Gain (pronounced "Ga-In") is a genius who expresses herself through elaborate concepts, and always follows her own personal path, releasing statement pieces because she can. Innate charisma and sensuality, sultry voice and artistic flair are her assets.

Press play and come experience Gain's troubled relationship in "Guilty".

Can I dare to have you? You are like a bad religion
You make me get on my knees, you touch me and make me cry
Now I really do not know anymore, are you really harmful for me?
I am going crazy

But I know we can never be in love
You are bad, you knew from the start
So funny, I can see right through you
Like a red-hot lie

The beauty mark below your lip is pretty

tuorem

Hello everyone, Tybalteva almost sat NSC 194 out due to... logistical issues. Thankfully, our last-minute application was accepted, so we will be joining the party in Laskivé, Cydoni-Gibberia. xcheer

b5QTrbh.png

Another edition, another opportunity for us to switch it up. This time, we will be represented by Halina Młynkowa and her song "Bóg Tu Zmarł" (which might be translated as "God died here", I think): a grandiloquent power ballad with tribal percussions, distorted choirs, folk elements and a few instruments rarely used in pop music, such as bells and flutes. The heavy atmosphere created by the arrangements, paired with the rasp of Halina's voice, highlights the darkness of the lyrics.

My Polish is a tad rusty, so I am not 100% sure what the actual message conveyed is, but the way I interpret the lyrics, it may deal with religious obscurantism or loss of faith. It could be a warning or a reminder for people to remain cautious of ideological blinkers. Now that I think of it, our previous entry "Guilty" dealt with a similar topic, which is pure coincidence. That is what happens when one connects with mystical themes I guess.

May you experience and embrace the "pagan-ritual-in-forested-temple" vibe the song serves. Darkness can be very deep in places, but do not forget it only exists because light does too.

The night is approaching full of fear
Dancing mists disappear from the meadows.
Tremble people, fear is coming
I believe in good and bad
There is light in the windows
Candles torn from hands

The sky is gonna burn down tonight, you worry
Evil rules here, dust has penetrated
It's nighttime, rust joined us
The Devil won, God died here

tuorem

Hello guys, long time no see. I really had no time to dedicate to the forum at all lately.

But I still try to bring myself to present and comment on every song I submit.

EpvH2ix.png

So we move on from the tribal quality of "Bóg Tu Zmarł" to "The Whole 9": a straightforward piece of dark electro-pop music.

I always thought Marina Kaye had a certain vocal talent, but she did not chart in Tybalteva until she dropped that particular song, which became a hit here during the first half of 2020.

It is by far the most accessible effort we've sent so far. I don't have much to say about it musically-speaking, as it is rather literal in the way it was composed and arranged. I really like how slick and melodic it is, and it's got a solid drive to it. The added value of the song is Kaye's tone and vocal power, if it were sung by someone else maybe it would not have had the same appeal to me. Her delivery is what makes the song dramatic and powerful imo. In any case, this is a song to play LOUD if one wants to get a proper experience. It's also great material for driving imo (yes, music for driving is a thing).

Lyrically, "The Whole 9" deals with the difficulty of getting into a relationship when one has had a tough past. It is Kaye's personal story, where she asks her partner if he could actually go through her highs and lows and thus guarantee their love will stand the test of time. Putting her personal spin aside, I think this question/situation could apply to most of us, if not all of us. Many may wonder if they have what it takes to get in a committed relationship despite their disillusions, failures, weaknesses and past hardship. Do we have the means to make someone happy and be happy when the mirror we take a look in has so many cracks? That is something to ponder, instead of rushing headlong in someone's arms in the vain hope that it will be the cure-all.

Will you go the whole nine? Will you jump the whole ten? Only YOU have the answers.

If I am too much for you
Would you give it up?
'Cause I'm not the one to lose, you choose
If my heart's a ticking clock
Then count down the days
I hurt you so much, you bruise, fake news

When you look in my eyes, see the regret
You know my past, it's hard to forget
I know you say I don't give a damn

They call me blind
If we go the whole nine
And fall at the finish line
Would you be there to dry my eyes?
If we jump the whole ten
And I mess it up again
I can tell you where this story ends

Last edited:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I never realized how much it would fit in ESC, especially the chorus :lol: It gives me the same vibes as many female NF entries.

tuorem

I never realized how much it would fit in ESC, especially the chorus :lol: It gives me the same vibes as many female NF entries.
As far as I know, most of her songs are like that. No wonder some French eurofans actually had her name on their wishlist. :LOL:

But I'd be shocked if she ended up trying ESC one day: firstly she does not like singing in French, and secondly she thinks she's too fab. But I dig that song, so :p

tuorem

Good evening everyone! I am very glad that Tybalteva is part of the underwater odyssey going on in Rahasia-Diati right now :D I personally find the depths of the ocean are akin to the farthest reaches of cosmos: unfathomable, exquisitely intriguing and very humbling, as humankind will never be able to scout these places.

With that being said, let's present the sixth Tybaltevan entry to date.

8uOBrhI.png

We leave the dark commercial pop of "The Whole 9" behind for something less somber-sounding... at least at first glance.

I am happy to announce that international star Anggun will be our next representative. I picked her because I feel her discography is obnoxiously underrated, and it's just rude to reduce her to a couple of old hits and the absolute horror that was that 2012 eurovision effort. I love her voice and she is quite versatile in terms of genres.

Obviously, I could only select one facet of her... And my heart opted for a song from her French repertoire: "Psychomaniaque", that I would describe as an acoustic electro-pop piece. As far as I know "Psychomaniaque" is not a word that exists per se: it's made up of the words Psycho (as in psychopath) and Maniaque (maniac). The lyrics basically deal with a woman that is torn between her good and evil sides, and endures the frequent switches between the two. It's definitely similar to the theme of our debut entry Mademoiselle Hyde in this regard, although I would say Fabian seemed more in control of her bipolar nature. Here Anggun conciously does not fight it, even if she is troubled by how brutal the shifts can be.

Musically, acoustic verses alternate with more sonically fleshed-out choruses divided into two parts that reflect the theme of the lyrics: a melodious one versus a seemingly dissonant one (sanity vs. insanity). I love the production, the little electronic elements scattered throughout the song and the arrangements with the chord progressions meant to emphasize the shifts, highs and lows of bipolarity. I appreciate it when the music is arranged in a way that is in line with what the lyrics say.

Enough rambling for now I guess. Are you a psychomaniac too? Press play to find out!

One fine day, I only adore the sun
And in the evening, I grow attached to the night.
Inanity comes up and challenges for a duel
The reason that I love madly.
Who am I?

If on Monday our love made me crazy
Unfaithful, I forget about it on Tuesday
Two enemy pilots in my cabin
Entertain themselves by hijacking my mind.
Who am I?

Half the head upside-down
Half the feet firmly on the ground
One day it's yes, one day nay
A psychopath's bind

Half perched on the moon
Half glued to the dunes
One night it's fine, one night it's not
Bind of a psychomaniac
Psychomaniac

Last edited:

tuorem

Excuse me, that's how you talk about one of my favorite French entries ? xcry
That was me overreacting to summon you because I knew that :p Mission complete (** insert devilish laughter **). "Echo" wasn't that bad, although it's kind of an oddball in Anggun's discography and I still believe it was a choice.

The performance was off though, in my opinion. Apart from the amateur camera work and choreo, one couldn't have visuals that seemed to advertise the Olympics 2012 for an entry that could have been part of a Mario Kart OST. They should have picked a side, it was probably too confusing for the casual viewer and doomed to failure as is. But that's not a surprise really, France 3 had the most clueless team when it came to doing things right. I felt bad for Anggun, she seemed proud of representing us and an artist of her stature did not deserve to get exposed like that.

I wish they had opted for more stylish visuals to go along with the song. Her outfit was amazing by the way.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
That was me overreacting to summon you because I knew that :p Mission complete (** insert devilish laughter **). "Echo" wasn't that bad, although it's kind of an oddball in Anggun's discography and I still believe it was a choice.

The performance was off though, in my opinion. Apart from the amateur camera work and choreo, one couldn't have visuals that seemed to advertise the Olympics 2012 for an entry that could have been part of a Mario Kart OST. They should have picked a side, it was probably too confusing for the casual viewer and doomed to failure as is. But that's not a surprise really, France 3 had the most clueless team when it came to doing things right. I felt bad for Anggun, she seemed proud of representing us and an artist of her stature did not deserve to get exposed like that.

I wish they had opted for more stylish visuals to go along with the song. Her outfit was amazing by the way.
Oh the live performance was definitely a mess, it made no sense at all and the only purpose was to give some life back to the grannies and the appreciators of Men Abs™ in general. We kinda always have been flop when it comes to staging anyway, unspired, and full of clichés.

tuorem

Ok, Ashley and his posters made me want to get back to storytelling yesterday, so here's an improvised addition to my Tybaltevan ramblings :oops:: no ad campaign here, but some royal drama (again) to build on my previous updates. @randajad I apologise to you in advance for the following post: you're the one who brought up the idea in this very thread. I liked it and thought it was worth developing. Let me know if I went too far, I always can shift focus and change the narrative. :censored: I probably should have sought your approval first... But I also wanted to surprise you and thank you for including Tybalteva in your own nation's history. xheart

7pm news bulletin broadcast on TYBC 1, September 4, 2021.

HjpCa7Z.jpg

"... and last but not least, in the news today: a picture showing a couple of love letters allegedly written by the King of Tybalteva went viral on social media...

A couple of letters written by hand, laying on a wooden console table, and bearing Archibald Aedan's seal were shared hundreds of thousands of times before being taken down by the platforms at the government's request.

The original shot was posted on Friday in the middle of the night on Tybster first, then on Tybsbook and Tybstagram. It might have been simply considered as an endearing token of the King's penchant for lyricism if the messages had not been so unequivocally directed to a recipient whose stature would unleash Internet users' passions on both sides of the Klejiskýbæijj; as a matter of fact, the poetically-worded and carefully-handwritten missives were intended for none other than Gustaav of Griffin Empire: nephew of the Griffinian monarch Ana Klara I...

Cs0Yc1N.png

The posting was removed from all social media later on and - while the Crown did not publicly react - Prime minister Edyta Toblerova opened a formal legal investigation with the aim of determining the author of the leak, which would corroborate the authenticity of the aforesaid letters.

Why does it matter? Why is more important than a mere invasion of privacy? To answer these questions, let's reach Jin Tanaka, our expert in royal matters, live from Gatineau."

aTyKmcq.jpg

"Thank you Clemen, indeed if those documents turned out to be authentic, that would have all kinds of implications on the geopolitics of the region.

In less than one year, the King's private life has been exposed like never before on the occasion of his heavily-covered divorce with ex-consort Tuorem this summer, and knowing the usually discreet nature of His Majesty on that subject, we can only assume it is yet another blow given to his privacy. We have talked a lot about his shocking latest appearance during the celebrations of the year of the Black Dragon, with his bleached platinum blonde hair, swollen face and overall corpulent silhouette... A sudden change of looks that led to rumours of health issues that were only partly dismissed by a communiqué stating he was "still able to rule at the present time".

With those leaked letters, the population now learns of a potential love affair with Gustaav of Griffin Empire, which raises many questions:

UHqkinX.png

Firstly, it would be the first time in History that the Crown would allow a liaison with a figure that has no national roots. The Tybaltevan dynasty has always been adamant that prohibiting "foreign elements" was key to protect their independance. While we can only imagine the King's intentions, that would set a noteworthy precedent.

Secondly, the documents allegedly dated back to 2019 when Aedan was still married... which goes against the narrative - spread by most media - that his divorce was nothing but His consort's doing. Maybe the circumstances were not as crystal clear as we thought they were.

Thirdly, if Archibald and Gustaav were to wed eventually, it would have significant repercussions in Galea: not only would it cement an already strong bond between Griffin Empire and Tybalteva - fostering their economies, strengthening cooperations and increasing their influence - but it also would change the ratios of power dramatically in a region that historically rested on divergent political influences that blocked hegemonic positions. Tybalteva would not become a crushing force overnight, but it would probably carry enough weight for the King to reshape several diplomatic power struggles to His liking.

In other words, it would reignite tensions with Kamandé that most likely would look unfavourably on our nation getting more political leeway in Galea. Coincidence or not, Kamandéan president Malena Ernman was to join Griffin Prime Minister Jon Jozsefson today in Kralingslæting for business purposes and meet the Queen afterwards, but ended up cancelling her travel at the last minute due to "scheduling issues"... Instead, she attended a cultural event in Sima-Noire, broadcasted live on TV. I would like not to read too much into it, but I would not be surprised if Kamandéans tried to signal Griffins that they should reconsider their alliances. By extrapolation, it would be easy to deduce that Rumia would side with Ernman while Gvozdmost and Pyreica would keep both parties sweet, as they did on several occasions in the past."

9VSfqaY.jpg

"That sure sounds like a lot would happen in the region, Jin. What can you tell us about Gustaav of Griffin Empire, whose name is quite unknown here?"

"Yes, the fact that Gustaav - out of all Griffin royalty - is involved in this is actually quite unexpected for lots of reasons. The truth is there is very little information about him, as he does not seem to be eager to be in the spotlight.

He is Ana Klara I's nephew. His long light blonde hair, skin of alabaster, eyes of aquamarine and slender physique almost make him look like a character from a swashbuckling adventure story. All his appearances are related to royal ceremonies, although he seems to stay away from the power of the Monarch, unlike his relatives.

The only time he was pushed to the forefront was when famous magazine "VOGUE" granted every Griffin royalty a cover throughout 2017. On that occasion, he gave his only interview to date. An interview that gave a glimpse of an educated yet enigmatic man, often speaking in oracle-like sibylline sentences. With the Griffin royal family having so many colourful members, his taciturnity makes him fade away in the background, but ironically that is what sets him apart from the others.

QktFDme.png

All of this contributes to arousing interest in him, although he never was destined for so much attention".

"Thank you, Jin. We will not fail to reach you again should we learn more in the coming weeks. And now the weather: the skies will remain clear tomorrow despite the temperatures remaining below the seasonal standards..."

That was a lot. If you made it there, thanks a lot for reading. You da real MVP. xkiss

Last edited:

tuorem

I- Love it. xheat The drama, can't wait to see if the rumours are true, but I hope it's true. I am really honoured and glad that you embraced the idea, and came up with such an interesting story. Now, you gave me idea (also Ash with that amazing holiday promo) to make a guide to Griffin royal family or titles or both.

Some time ago I started to make the royal family tree, and interestingly enough Tybaltevan nobility married into Griffin royal family only on one occasion - when a Tybaltevan countess married Griffin emperor Frëdrik XVII (link). And the current empress really has a brother (link2), so your sources seem to be correct. xfaint

edit: Also according to the family tree, full name of the young men would be Gustaav Köśhenriksson, zalklev ätt (lord of) Anastasij. :lol: xheat
Woah now I got tricked with those trees! OMG! i'm shook! You had prepared it all :eek: Actually, I secretly hoped you would tell us more about your royal family, so I'm 100% hyped about how you will address it. xheart I say YES to the official guide! I didn't know your royalty was related to Solentoya, Oussou and Rahasia-Diati xheat The elite comes together.

I'm relieved you took my "surprise" well, as I had to pick a name and a face by myself: I thought Gustaav would fit right in. :D But I can change the narrative or any detail if it goes against your original plans. Just let me know, usually I try not to make up information that goes beyond my "property", if that makes sense.

You know History better than I do, so I trust the accuracy of your tree. ;) Maybe there were a few Griffin-Tybaltevan secret affairs that didn't make it to official records because they did not lead to marriage: it would not be surprising since we have long-standing ties.

I will try to continue the story soon, at the very least to either confirm or debunk the rumours. Thank YOU for suggesting such a turn of events in the first place. xlove

tuorem

Hi people! While wandering in the forests of Vylkuzeme for the first time, I felt like it was time for Tybalteva to send a song to dance to: after all, we were yet to present one until now. NSC 197 will right this wrong since EVERGLOW will represent our nation this edition. :)

2OuknDM.png

"La Di Da" is a retro synth pop piece seen through the lens of K-pop with a hint of old-school superhero anime ost at times. It blends old and contemporary within a frame that is meant to be timeless imo. I find the melody infectious and the arrangements full of details, with a good dose of grandiloquence. In this case, the higher the volume the better. Lyrically, it deals with the uplifting and universal theme of ignoring negative opinions and focusing on the positive ones when making your own way in life.

The song became a hot hit in Tybalteva, as well as a classic in nightclubs: if you come and visit us, chances are you will hear it during your stay if you are into night life. For Tybaltevans, this is the definition of a "banger", a "jam". We don't use the word "bop" here, which is interpreted derogatorily.

I have been wanting to send that effort even before our nation joined the roster, so it's been sitting in the dark for a hot minute, and although it's got quite a view count now, I just had to pay tribute to this group I have a lot of respect for.

Fun fact: In the original version of "La Di Da", EVERGLOW were singing the line "Got no time for Màendéez" : Màandéez is a slang Tybaltevan word used to refer to Kamandéans in a belittling way (a move that made them go viral on our youth's app Tybtok upon the release). A few weeks later, a new version was recorded and the line was changed for "Got no time for haters" not to jeopardise the growing international success of the track.

Let's all send our detractors packing while enjoying the music! xmusic

The eyes that keep looking at me
The gestures that play separately from your heart
Why don’t you know it’s ridiculous?

The face like a bright red mask
And the twisted arrogant tone
I got it, you want it,
Open yourself, deeply trapped inside

When you feel something is wrong, too late
Obviously, only regrets will remain
No sir you know you’ll be late
The chance is now Sorry

Got no time for haters
Now cut it out everything (I’m like)
La di da

I can’t even hear’em
No I just erase everything (I’m like)
La di da

For those of you who wonder what our stage performance in ::vyl will look like, you can find our dress rehearsal below xcheer

Top Bottom