Contact us

Turkvision 2013

12Points

TRT, the Turkish broadcaster, has officially launched Turkvision, a song contest for the Turkic-speaking countries, 20 countries including autonomous regions like the Republic of Tatarstan which is a part of Russia, and the Republic of Crimea which is a part of Ukraine are joining the contest.

The program officially launched on September 21 in Eskişehir by the Turkish education minister Nabi Avci and attended by The Eurovision 2011 winner from Azerbaijan, Ell and Nikki.

According to the Dogan News Agency, the minister “stressed that the contest was not, as many suggested, an alternative to the European version organized since 1956."

“Turkvision does not need to be compared to Eurovision. It will have its place in the Turkic world with its own brand value. Whether we participate or not in Eurovision, I hope that Turkvision will move forward in its own path, growing and expanding year-by-year,” Avci said.

“This project is part of the Turkic world cultural capital event. Hopefully, the next towns selected as the ’cultural capitals’ will pursue the event,” he said.

The semi-finals for the 20 participating countries are between December 19 and December 21, while the final for the 12 participating countries is on December 23.

SOURCE : Out of Eurovision, Turkey launches Turkeyvision to Promote Its Culture, Turkvision launched by TRT! | The Eurovision Times

Hope it'll be as great as Eurovision, or greater, and i hope no political votings between them, just vote for the music :)

Happiness

Re: Turkvision

LOL :lol: what's the matter?

This is unnecessary to do such things in my opinion. If minister wanted musical events in his country, he wouldn't accept to withdraw from Eurovision.
This is sooooo politic thing. And really, if there is something leading Turkey, I'd expect any kind of politic there.

Hope it'll be as great as Eurovision, or greater, and i hope no political votings between them, just vote for the music :)
Do you really believe that, no political votings between them? This IS politic :lol:

Pffff I don't understand what government wants to do xstars They're acting like babies

12Points

This is unnecessary to do such things in my opinion. If minister wanted musical events in his country, he wouldn't accept to withdraw from Eurovision.
This is sooooo politic thing. And really, if there is something leading Turkey, I'd expect any kind of politic there.

Do you really believe that, no political votings between them? This IS politic :lol:

Pffff I don't understand what government wants to do xstars They're acting like babies

Pretty unnecessary and political indeed, but let's see how it will be

Of course not, i know this contest will be political, but it's just a hope, we can hope for the positive things right? Or did i just being sarcastic? ;)

Interestingly, Zlata Ognevich comes from Sudak, Crimea, and Dina Garipova comes from Zelenodolsk, Tatarstan, they can participate on Turkvision easily anytime

Happiness

Pretty unnecessary and political indeed, but let's see how it will be

Of course not, i know this contest will be political, but it's just a hope, we can hope for the positive things right?

Interestingly, Zlata Ognevich comes from Sudak, Crimea, and Dina Garipova comes from Zelenodolsk, Tatarstan, they can participate on Turkvision easily anytime

Well, 19th of Dec. is not that far. I am looking forward to see how it will be. *hopes for less shameful show*

wow trt international brodcast it?

What do you mean?

Tinchey

TBH I'm loving the idea... I'd like to hear some Crimean song or see some artist from Uzbekistan. :)

Scooby

And now Turkey have a chance to always be the first one on competition :lol:

Matthias

Turkvision...lol

isn't ESC Turkvision enough with all the Turks in Europe voting for Turkey?

Why is Turkey so upset anyway? Just because Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France, UK and Austria give :8: or :10: instead of :12: ?

To be honest I don't miss Turkey in the ESC...

12Points

Turkvision...lol

isn't ESC Turkvision enough with all the Turks in Europe voting for Turkey?

Why is Turkey so upset anyway? Just because Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France, UK and Austria give :8: or :10: instead of :12: ?

To be honest I don't miss Turkey in the ESC...

I think Turkey just called, it wants its 2003 back :lol:, maybe they just really want to win the contest, but rather winning on the more opponents and more expensive Eurovision, they just make a new, cheaper, and easier contest to win on, maybe it's just for national pride, maybe it's just for bragging to the countries that didn't win (if Turkey won), maybe it's just for fun

Me too, maybe it's just because i don't really know the entries from Turkey, the songs i really know just Love Me Back, Dum Tek Tek, and Everyway that I Can

dragvision

Banned

lists of nation/region taking part to turkvision
Altai Republic (Russia)
Azerbaijan
Bashkortostan (Russia)
Belarus
Bosnia Herzegovina
Chuvashia (Russia)
Crimea (Ukraine)
FYR Macedonia
Georgia
Kazakhstan
Kyrgyzstan
Moldova
Russia
Tatarstan (Russia)
Turkey
Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
Turkmenistan
Ukraine
Uzbekistan
Xinyang (China)

escandesc

I think Turkey just called, it wants its 2003 back :lol:, maybe they just really want to win the contest, but rather winning on the more opponents and more expensive Eurovision, they just make a new, cheaper, and easier contest to win on, maybe it's just for national pride, maybe it's just for bragging to the countries that didn't win (if Turkey won), maybe it's just for fun

Me too, maybe it's just because i don't really know the entries from Turkey, the songs i really know just Love Me Back, Dum Tek Tek, and Everyway that I Can

Whatever it is, I am 100% sure that it is not because they want to win a contest. One can easily see that TRT did not want to win and bring the contest back to Turkey, looking at the entries they sent.

And about Turkvision, I think that the idea is good. I know nothing about the other Turkic countries tbh, except for Azerbaijan. So it'll good to listen to their music. I don't believe this contest will be a huge success, though. But let's wait and see.

wyq614

Beijing, China (Hometown: Qingdao, China)

lists of nation/region taking part to turkvision
Altai Republic (Russia)
Azerbaijan
Bashkortostan (Russia)
Belarus
Bosnia Herzegovina
Chuvashia (Russia)
Crimea (Ukraine)
FYR Macedonia
Georgia
Kazakhstan