Contact us

Turkey TURKEY 2023 - not taking part

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Deleted member 12761

I hope they finally make their comeback. I miss Turkey so much! Please come back!

GRE

It's not Turkey any more,

it's Türkiye.

The title should change :)

Mainshow

Veteran
Turkey or Türkiye - they will not come back next year.

btw, it´s ridiculous to basically ask English speakers to include "ü" in their alphabet. What´s next? Munich demanding to be called "München" - Cologne to be changed to "Köln" in all languages because one of the largest cities in Germany doesn´t want to be mixed up with perfumes?

Sammy

Veteran
Turkey or Türkiye - they will not come back next year.

btw, it´s ridiculous to basically ask English speakers to include "ü" in their alphabet. What´s next? Munich demanding to be called "München" - Cologne to be changed to "Köln" in all languages because one of the largest cities in Germany doesn´t want to be mixed up with perfumes?
Especially because the pronounciation - which alledgedly was the reason for the change - wont change for english speakers with the new orthograph

ESC94

hijirio

Veteran

Miss Antartica

Strange but this year we dont have any rumors about Turkey, in the past years before the official list we have many rumours or withdrew announce was in September, but this season noting of nothing.

HarryUK

Strange but this year we dont have any rumors about Turkey, in the past years before the official list we have many rumours or withdrew announce was in September, but this season noting of nothing.
I think people are slowly realising that throwing your toys out of the pram over one (very correct) non qualification and saying you won't participate until the big 5 are abolished will get them no where lol

A-lister

Veteran
I think people are slowly realising that throwing your toys out of the pram over one (very correct) non qualification and saying you won't participate until the big 5 are abolished will get them no where lol

This!

Also, I think they might come back if they have a regime change that will follow the Atatürk's principles again, until then I don't see them back in the contest and I'm surprised people still believe it's going to happen with the current state of affairs.

Top Bottom