Contact us

Turkey TURKEY 2021 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

hijirio

Veteran

This is a very political answer. The decision to withdraw was taken by Erdoğan himself, neither by TRT nor Foreign Ministry. So it's not up to this guy.
Even if the opposition party takes over the government in 2023, we will still need a few years to recover from the political and especially economic disaster Erdoğan's party left in this country.
So, NO Eurovision for Turkey until at least 2025. Thx bye.

mauve

Veteran
I agree on every political aspect mentioned above. Regarding the musical side, I really would love to see them back and have wonderful songs as "Deli" or "We could be the same".xheart

hawadharma

lowyby

Every year someone says Turkey will come back but it always turns out to not happen so I don't think we should have a lot of attention for this message

DenizESC

Banned
I think Turkey could deliver more than a lot of countries in 2020 but like @EscTurkey I wouldn't even want my country to return with modern day TRT pls, maybe after 2023. I don't want to be embarrassed with political songs, rather nothing then.

DenizESC

Banned
This is a very political answer. The decision to withdraw was taken by Erdoğan himself, neither by TRT nor Foreign Ministry. So it's not up to this guy.
Even if the opposition party takes over the government in 2023, we will still need a few years to recover from the political and especially economic disaster Erdoğan's party left in this country.
So, NO Eurovision for Turkey until at least 2025. Thx bye.
what do you expect, they take responsibility for nothing...ever, even if they would randomly return one day they could just blame everything on that guy leading TRT right now.

I want the trash from TV8 to take part, ''we are pro government, but still hoes'' xheat

I'm also team NO return until at least Erdogan and his party leave.

Last edited:

hijirio

Veteran
I actually know this deputy foreign minister in question and I can say that he is a secular puppet. Turkish foreign ministry is full of secular puppets who hold periodical press conferences with European media outlets, where they make statements totally contradicting Erdoğan's to seem cute and Western-friendly. His statement regarding Eurovision is just another of those, thus should not be taken seriously.

hijirio

Veteran
what do you expect, they take responsibility for nothing...ever, even if they would randomly return one day they could just blame everything on that guy leading TRT right now.

I want the trash from TV8 to take part, ''we are pro government, but still hoes'' xheat

I'm also team NO return until at least Erdogan and his party leave.

I'm deffo against TRT in its current form taking part in the contest unless we wanna send another sausage fest singing a pro-Islamic chanting with halal instruments lol

remember how they banned Hadise's music video in 2009 for being too explicit when there was really NOTHING wrong about it, gurl just felt like showing some skin from down below

Ewigkeit

Veteran
I'm team yes no matter what because I want to be able to vote for my favorites. 🤦‍♂️ Besides, as far as I can recall none of our representatives has maintained an extreme pro-Islamic or conservative stance...

DenizESC

Banned
I'm team yes no matter what because I want to be able to vote for my favorites. 🤦‍♂️ Besides, as far as I can recall none of our representatives has maintained an extreme pro-Islamic or conservative stance...
No indeed, we could say most were quite left-wing, liberal. But have you also seen the change in TRT since we last took part? I mean it is...crazy... It is like not even the same channel anymore and it was never the most liberal in Turkey or anything.

Yes, ok we are not Saudi Arabia ok still better than 99% of the Muslim majorities maybe but we have to accept that TR right now is pretty fd up and religion took over like never before everywhere, denying how bad it is not gonna help anything, the people might have a good mindset but TRT and the officials in Turkey do not. If we took part in 2020 yes we would likely have Mustafa Ceceli or something singing about Allah lmao I'm not even kidding sadly.

When there were rumours about Turkey participating for an ESC comeback with Sertab and all hinting it, the TRT officials looked kinda like they were maybe ok with and were like yea we could come back, then all musicians in Turkey pointed Aleyna Tilki should start the comeback and they immediately were done with it and said no we won't take part.

This government will always hold us back.

hijirio

Veteran

The word 'another' in my sentence covers the sausage part only, not the rest of the sentence. It's no coincidence that TRT sent 2 male bands and one solo male after having problems with Hadise's dressing choises in 2009.

TRT has gone through a very radical conservative transformation since 2012, and I can't imagine seeing in today's TRT a female ESC singer with cleavage, let alone a gay kiss or an OTT act like Hatari...... Their schedule in the last few years is full of religious programs and ESC would definitely contradict what they are trying to promote in that channel.

About the voting, Turkish votes never reflected my taste so I'm not really missing that xD

Ewigkeit

Veteran
No, the last time I switched channel to TRT was probably during ESC 2012. :mrgreen: I would even be okay with M*stafa C*celi, I just want us to get involved in the Eurovision bubble again anyhow. And I don't care about the overall Turkish votes, I just want to send those SMSes to my favorites and feel proud of myself for doing that.

Last edited:

hijirio

Veteran
I spamvoted in 2010, 2011 and 2012 and none of my votes received a single point from Turkey i'm on a riot :D

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I spamvoted in 2010, 2011 and 2012 and none of my votes received a single point from Turkey i'm on a riot :D

That's me in the UK and then seeing it was all for nothing because we're giving 12 to Lithuania or Poland anyway, cos diaspora.

Top Bottom