Contact us

Turkey TURKEY 2020 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
tr.png

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Re: TURKEY 2020

Yes, but TRT cite it as a reason for their continued absense. In other words, TRT checking their "anti-lgbt propaganda" agenda at the door is a prequisitefor their return. As long as they don't, they won't return.

It's not like I expect Turkey to whiplash into "[kaliopi]WE LOVE THE GAYS! WE LOVE GAY MUSIC :throws rainbow confetti everywhere: [/kaliopi]". Many countries (RUSSIA; Armenia, Azer, etc) don't. But that never barred those countries from participation.

DenizESC

Banned

Thats why I said rather no TRT, they are owned bu Erdogan. But there is enough Turkish broadcasters who'd be able to play the game normally if they would take over and would have no problem showing flamboyant singers. FOX and TV8, Kanal D, Show are some examples though I dislike most here as well lol

DenizESC

Banned

If TRT send an entry in 2020;

"Ver gavurlara mehteri verr verrr!" xrofl

(Btw I realize this is aHaber XS, same thing but more radical)

hijirio

Veteran

Thats why I said rather no TRT, they are owned bu Erdogan. But there is enough Turkish broadcasters who'd be able to play the game normally if they would take over and would have no problem showing flamboyant singers. FOX and TV8, Kanal D, Show are some examples though I dislike most here as well lol

I heard Acun is thinking of selling out TV8 as television business is no longer bringing profit and he neither confirmed nor denied this claim.
They would be the best broadcasters otherwise, I'm pretty certain they would do everything to promote the contest with 'Eurovision Panorama' programs and debate about all the drama in the contest. That would build so much hype xheat xheat
Kanal D is now owned by Demirören, another a$$licker of Erdoğan.
Fox seems to be the only choice left. But Eurovision doesn't look like sth they could afford or put in their agenda.

Looking forward to Meral Ana winning presidency in 2023 and sell TRT & share the proceeds with the people xqueenbitch

DenizESC

Banned

[MENTION=11002]EscTurkey[/MENTION]

Omg Eurovision Panorama ahahahah xheat xheat xheart I can imagine all iconic fights about whether the artists were singing good or choked live or if the performance was super trashy, if the right wig was chosen or should they have went with another wig and then the hosts fighting passionately with audience members over these super important matters. XD

Tbh TV8 being Turkish broadcasters for Eurovision would be the best thing that happened ever not only to Turkey in Eurovision, but to Eurovision in general. If only it would become reality... Beyaz would be a great one too I realized (+ can you imagine Bircan Bali and Ece Erken as hosts if we would win xrofl xheart)
I think FOX would struggle budget wise indeed.

DenizESC

Banned

[MENTION=11002]EscTurkey[/MENTION]

06:00 (though the whole vid is iconic)
Proof that Bircan Bali and Ece Erken would be best hosts ever, can you imagine all the ways they can educate us. Though Im sure they don't speak any English.

"Şimdi şu duruşu aynen senden istiyoruz, türk halkı olarak"

"BUNDAN NE VAR YA"

"bİrCaN vAlLa AlAkAsI yOk"
xrofl
"seYiRcİ kArAr VeRsİn"

hijirio

Veteran

[MENTION=13974]DenizESC[/MENTION]

LOOOOOOL this epic vid made me laugh so hard I was almost having a seizure in the office xrofl3 xrofl3

Imagine them lecturing us on why Madonna couldn't win Eurovision and the reason being the fact that she put up a Palestinian flag in the final xheat xheat

Preuss

Well that’s too unfortunate!
I was in Turkey last year and I heard Dum Tek Tek on a completely random café!

DenizESC

Banned

OMG AHAHAHA these hoes legit thought Madonna was taking part as well xrofl xrofl IM CHOKING LMAO, I can't.

"23cü olmuş"

BEETTCHHH

PS: Bircan Bali doing maths is really relatable, "23cü olmuş, geçen sene birinci şimdi...- 3."

So basically to foreigners in the last vid what Bircan and Ece were saying is: Madonna won Eurovision in 2018, came back and finished 23rd this year, the contest is held in Tel Aviv, Madonna took part for Israel. She waved the Palestinian flag in the final and this was not received so well hence why she became 23rd.

This is why Turkey does so well in journalism.

hijirio

Veteran

Not to mention the fact that our former PM (the guy who lost the Istanbul metropolitan mayorship miserably) said that Netta is not a good singer and that Israel initially could not get enough votes to win, then they promptly changed the system and made Israel win just to hold the contest next year in Jerusalem.

Our government lives in an imaginary parallel universe.

BorisBubbles

Veteran

So basically to foreigners in the last vid what Bircan and Ece were saying is: Madonna won Eurovision in 2018, came back and finished 23rd this year, the contest is held in Tel Aviv, Madonna took part for Israel. She waved the Palestinian flag in the final and this was not received so well hence why she became 23rd.

tbf, I would erase "Home" too if I had the power/was someone/i am ~someone~.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

The "bicth" video is one of life's absolute greatest pleasures and I don't think I've spelled "bicth" normally since I saw it; thank you for blessing this thread with it.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

OMG AHAHAHA these hoes legit thought Madonna was taking part as well xrofl xrofl IM CHOKING LMAO, I can't.

"23cü olmuş"

BEETTCHHH

PS: Bircan Bali doing maths is really relatable, "23cü olmuş, geçen sene birinci şimdi...- 3."

http://www.oikotimes.com

Mrm

Veteran
[MENTION=16089]anaraqueen[/MENTION]

Do you like this?

If yes, I forgive you everything! :mrgreen:

If no, go to hell..

Romeo

Just think... This time next year we will know which legend will be representing Turkey in 2021... Sibel, Gulseren, Can, Hadise, Buket.... etc.

Because when Queen Efendi wins in Rotterdam I'm sure we will see Turkey return

M50GvjU.gif

Top Bottom