Contact us

Turkey TURKEY 2018 - Not taking part

SaladBreak

Re: TURKEY 2018

I didn't know the deputy prime minister was in charge of Eurovision xfacepalm

DanielLuis

I'm sure people already tweeted that to TRT multiple times. I'm also sure TRT blocked those people. Also let me remind you all that there is STILL no oficial statement from TRT. So no thread can't be closed yet.

This statement is from Erdogan's political party side-kick. I wonder why they asked this to him and not to TRT management. Guess they don't have a choice. Maybe TRT wants a comeback but are not allowed to...

This is very likely the case. That's why I said those officials reasons TRT gives are just a smokescreen for the real reason, that simply is that the government doesn't want Turkey involved on the ESC. It's a big shame :(

By the way don't worry, if a country doesn't participate the thread isn't actually closed

A-lister

Veteran

I'm sure people already tweeted that to TRT multiple times. I'm also sure TRT blocked those people. Also let me remind you all that there is STILL no oficial statement from TRT. So no thread can't be closed yet.

This statement is from Erdogan's political party side-kick. I wonder why they asked this to him and not to TRT management. Guess they don't have a choice. Maybe TRT wants a comeback but are not allowed to...

TRT is under the faux-coup instigating + ISIS-loving + semi-Islamic-fundamentalist dictatorship of Erdögan, they have no other choice if they don't want to end up in prison like every other journalist, teacher, opponent tend to end up in Turkey these days.

Dodiih

I know it's not likely that Turkey will return to the contest, but I wish they did. One of my favourite countries at Eurovision. 2010 is my second favourite entry of all time...

AlekS

Veteran
^ TRT shut down their department responsible for Eurovision and connections with the EBU.

A-lister

Veteran
^ TRT shut down their department responsible for Eurovision and connections with the EBU.

No loss... TRT is too busy promoting the islamo-fascist self-proclaimed "Sultan" Erdögan who is busy helping ISIS warriors and killing Kurds... in its current state, Turkey has no place in Eurovision.

I do feel sorry for the Turkish Eurovision fans though, and hope that Turkey can miraculously turn its course around and join the club of decency again and then be back in Eurovision, but until that day comes... xshrug

ag89

Don't know if you saw it, but Eurovision host arena in Istanbul (2004), Abdi Ipekci, is no more - they are building the new one (larger) instead of this iconic basketball arena.

DUOo3blX4AIF4Pu.jpg

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Didn't realise breaking all ties with Eurovision meant knocking down the arena it was hosted in too ;)

ag89

Didn't realise breaking all ties with Eurovision meant knocking down the arena it was hosted in too ;)

No, these two things are not related, but I find it funny how this happened just when they moved farther from Eurovision.

Top Bottom