Contact us

Turkey TURKEY 2017 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
turkey_640.png

Mii11

Re: TURKEY 2017

I miss Turkey, but I don't think we will see Turkey in 2017. They are probably more interested in Turkvizyon

Brandt

I miss Turkey, but I don't think we will see Turkey in 2017. They are probably more interested in Turkvizyon

Turkvizyon is not the case for TRT. Eurovision recently is too European, in other words it promotes too much content related to homosexuality. Krista's lesbian kiss, Conchita herself, and so on. TRT will have troubles broadcasting all those homosexual things.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

I doubt Turkey will ever return now. They've adopted the whole "Western world is bad" thing and they don't aspire to become truly european anymore. :/

Alevender

Super Moderator
Staff member

I doubt Turkey will ever return now. They've adopted the whole "Western world is bad" thing and they don't aspire to become truly european anymore. :/

Exactly. I think there is a 0% chance to see them in 2017 and a really, really tiny one to see Turkey back in game in the near future. xshrug

They are trying to speed up EU accession talks tbh, I think it's more of a case of their right-wing government. When that goes, maybe we'll get to see Turkey returning.

EscGeek

Veteran

Oh,how i miss them..especially in this decade

:tr: 2010 my 2nd
:tr: 2011 my 7th
:tr: 2012 my 9th
:il: 2015 (kinda turkish) my 4th
:sm: 2016 my 2nd

Tukrey rulz!

Okan

Eurovision'a toyalmadım.

Come on TRT! For the sake of Jamala :D. After Jamala wins with a song that has Crimean Turkish -or Crimean Tatar- parts, people on twitter were like:

CbNwofrUUAASBB0

Well, it's not even broadcasted in Turkey but we love the contest. I just really miss it.

Anyway, I will not be hopeful. So I won't be disappointed.

DoctorX

Jamala's victory might bring Turkey back. Just wishing xcheer

Nikkita

That government sucks. They want people to be asleep on the evilness and corruption they brought but they don't broadcast Eurovision?????????????

Come on, let's do it once again before ISIS kills us. For the sake of the only song we totally understood in 2016.

Brandt

Even if Turkey returns, sadly I have to say that I predict TRT would bring more politics to the contest. The old Turkey wouldn't but it is not the same nowadays.

Verjamem

Betting operators should make it possible to bet a Turkey's presence at Eurovision 2017. They would earn a lot of money, because of people's naivety :p

blartashura

As much as I miss them in Eurovision I highly doubt they will come back. Wasn't the juries one of the reasons they backed out the competition?

Okan

^Officially yes, but I guess the real reasons are: naked bodies, lgbt etc. They do not want to screen it.

DenizESC

Banned

LGBT is not new in Eurovision. This was never a reason to back out before. Also naked bodies? Come on man! Cause everybody is covered op on Turkish television? (ಥ﹏ಥ) There is only one reason why we don't participate and that is because our beloved Erdogan does not want to see us participate or take part in anything which will make us feel European or feel close to Europe. That's probably the only reason, sure having no naked people, bearded ladies or kissing lesbians is a plus but not anything more than that. Don't make things sound worse than they are :') I do think Turkey will participate this year. And Turkvizyon is the biggest fail ever.

revallsay

I really miss Turkey, they had great songs! I want them back so much xheart

Top Bottom