Contact us

Tour de France (Cycling)

JamieBrown

He's an insane talent. Yes, still a talent :oops:
Congrats to him for this impressive performance, considering he had no real domestiques in the mountains.

For me it's been three exciting, yet emotional shaking weeks. My favourite team of course is Bora and so I hoped Emu Buchmann would recover fastly from his horrendous crash in Dauphiné. Well...
Since I'm a little francophile and the Tour is a big sports event, I absolutely cheer with them for their dream to finally have a french rider back in yellow on Champs-Elysées, main hope was Thibaut Pinot for sure. Well...He's the poorest man for me, his words after the first mountain stage were kinda heartbraking.
As I'm also a fan of ski jumping of course I would've loved to see an ex-jumper win the Tour de France. WELLLLL....!

All my biggest hopes have been crushed. Pinot and Bora had disappointing weeks, at least Lennard Kämna won xheart
Also I'm delighted a slovenian rider won after all, the loss is not so big for me. Poor Rogla tho...

Anyone followed the tour as crazy like me? :D

Looren

Veteran
I was supporting Pogacar, Landa and Yates for this TDF and I was really happy when Tadej won, he really reminds me of Contador, a rider that always attacks and never give up !

Sad for Bardet and his crash, he really could do a good CG

Let's go for the ardennaises, flandriennes and the Giro now ! And of course the world championship

JamieBrown

It's so weird that the season kinda just started :lol:

Pogacar can be a great rider in the future. There were the same sayings about Bernal last year, but maybe we will just see them fighting against each other in the future. Then again, cyclists are such fragile athletes and a small injury can change their conditions forever.

Bardet was a positive surprise for me, as I wasn't sure about his climbing abilities lately. Let's see what he can do next year. Guillaume Martin seemed incredebly strong in the Tour de l'Ain, plus the Dauphiné and he could've finished a Top 5 I bet. There are two factors for me he didn't. His team and the crash, the same Quintana got involved and lost the Tour in the end. Martin was all alone too often and had the worst material of the Top 10 contenders.

All I wanted to say now is that Thibaut will come back to the Tour next year xyaay

esc87fan

I am a total nut over road cycling, and I have 4-time Tour champion Chris Froome to thank for that - I really got interested in following the Tour when he got his first stage win on the Planche (site of yesterday's amazing time trial) in 2012.

I'm especially happy for Richie Porte, after all that work he did for others in the past he finally got his dream to be on the GC podium in Paris

Next year will be so interesting to follow, with the rise of so many young cyclists like Bernal and Pogacar and riders competing against old teammates (Adam Yates is joining Ineos, while Froome is joining Israel Start-Up Nation). Bring it on!

JamieBrown

The official instagram account of Slovenia's tourist office changed their badge colour from green to yellow xheart

RwIsbz6.jpg

Top Bottom