Contact us

Tokyo 2021 Summer Olympics

heke1988

Mira Potkonen lost semifinal match against Brazilian Beatriz Ferreira, so another bronze medal for :fi: !

heke1988

Now starts interesting event: Men's 20km race walk.

ShoeFlo

Early wrap-up for Germany:

After the wonderful win of Wellbrock this night, sadly a lot of things went wrong for us.

Fair enough, our Kajak duet won silver but I think they were hoping for gold.

Then, both our hockey men team and our table tennis girls lost their bronze medal matches. Especially the hockey defeat was totally unnecessary. I am happy for the Indian men but we were actually outclassing them in the first 20-25 minutes, wasted too many chances but still took a 3:1 lead. However, the defense was calamitous and the Indian team turned out pretty efficient, especially with penalty corners. They managed to turn the match around and we got more and more paralyzed with every minute. Disappointing result in general. But I am not too worried for the future. The way we performed against Australia in the Semi final proves we can still compete with the best teams, we just have to sort out some tactical lacks and become a little more clever in the future tournaments

This is the first Olympics since Atlanta 1996 in which we don't win a medal in team sports. In Rio we still won 5!

In the Heptathlon our medal hope Claudia Schäfer, who had a good first day, sadly flopped in Long Jump and is now most likely out of the medal race.

Our cyclists who started so well on the track a few days ago were disappointing too. Emma Hinze didn't make the final in Keirin. I really don't like Keirin as its a bit of a lottery. You are clearly advantaged if you get a good starting position in the draw which Hinze didn't get in her races. But of course that's not an excuse, she should have been a bit smarter tonight. She is in my opinion still the big favorite for the sprint event taking place on Saturday (I believe)

The men cyclists failed to come close to the medals but that's not a surprise. The only realistic chances for our male cyclists is the Madison race on saturday.

In Athletics our 4x100m ladies team looked very good in the semi finals and won it. If the semi final times counted, they would get bronze but realistically they won't get a medal in the end, since the Jamaican ladies will probably improve in the final.

Good news from the Women modern pentathlon event. After fencing Annika Scheu is leading the ranking with an impressive advantage. However... no predictions possible because the horse riding often turns everything upside down. The remaining events will take place tomorrow.

Looking at the medal table I think Netherlands have realistic perspectives to claim the 7th place as they still have plenty of good cyclists left as well as Sifan Hassan over 1500m. Right now, France can still win four gold medals in the team sports (Men's Volleyball, Men's Basketball and both Handball tournaments) even though they maybe aren't top favorites in any of them. Italy is out of all team sports but they are doing great in Cycling. However, I guess Italy has the worst chances for the 7th place. In the end, they missed too many gold chances in Fencing and also Swimming.

I expect us to win at least three more golden medals.

fer20

the men will probably be destroyed by Russia again :lol:

I miss this

bernardinho-28072021113017451

esc87fan

Team :ca: update:

Silver for Laurence Vincent-Lapointe in women's C-2 200m
Bronze for Lauriane Genest in women's track cycling keirin
Andre De Grasse comes through in the clutch again, Canada into the finals in the men's 4x100m relay

Gold for Damian Warner in the decathlon

cegs5

We won’t have the dreamt South American derby :br: :ar: in the Men’s Volleyball Final, but at least it will be for a medal.
:ru: and :fr: proved to be stronger and well deserving finalists. I’m bit divided, from one side ROC coach is Finnish volleyball legend Tuomas Sammuelvuo, and from the other side Trevor Clevenot xblush:xo:
Both medal matches will be pure fire!

Women’s volleyball

I think :rs: has real chances for the gold medal, Tijana Bošković is unstoppable. Yeah, they lost to Brazil in the preliminary round, but an eventual medal gold match will be another totally different story. However, :us: team is always a strong contender and it’s on their way, even after losing two of their most important players for injury :(
Cheering on :br: sisters against :kr: Kim and friends.

Milos-BC

Jovana Preković secured another Olympic gold for :rs: and our 7th medal in total xyaaay What a dominant road until this gold.......hats off. She was miles ahead of everyone else. The whole :rs: is very happy now, well done Jovana and the entire karate association.

233196584_376832887136231_2506895058065868815_n.jpg

We also managed to beat :es: in water polo and we have a great opportunity to defend our Olympic gold. This was definitely "the final before the actual final". :es: is an outstanding team, it was difficult to win, but we have shown once again the strength of our collective. Even though we are huge favorites against :gr: , we have to be careful and we have to play our game to secure this last victory.

Female volleyball and basketball teams both lost from :us: , but we have an opportunity to take at least one bronze medal here. I can't say anything here really, the girls gave their best.

All in all, these will most likely be the most successful Olympic Games for :rs: and I am really proud of the entire Olympic team and everything we've achieved.

esc87fan

HUGE day for :ca:!

While I was sleeping, Moh Ahmed won silver in the men's 5000m xup
Bronze for the men's 4x100m relay team, Andre De Grasse gets his third medal of the Games and 6th Olympic medal overall to tie Clara Hughes and Cindy Klassen for the second-most decorated Canadian Olympian (1 behind Penny Oleksiak) xdance

But here's the big news...

THEY FINALLY DID IT!!! The women's soccer team beat Sweden in a penalty shootout to win the gold! xheya

AlekS

Veteran
Lukashenko started banning sports websites which supported their athlete, labeling them as... extremist :lol:
zKnpn4q.gif

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I won't lie, seeing 4/5 of our semi-finalists in team sports reaching the final gets me emotional. If we can grab 1 title it will be nice, 2 great, 3 wonderful and 4 absolutely stunning. We'll start with :fr: :us: in basket, and even if we beat them in group phase I'm not getting my hopes up :lol:
VB is the nice surprise, they had never reached the 1/4 finals in an Olympic tournament before, but they've been on fire since then so let's hope it continues tomorrow.

Otherwise, we're currently standing at 27 medals, quite far from our 40+ goal. Too many 4th places. We have still 4 more guaranteed from the team sports but it's kinda disappointing, especially in athletics where only Kevin Mayer brought us silver. I'm really happy he did though, with his back injury he never had to fight this hard to get a medal, we're really proud of him xheart Wouldn't surprise me if he's the flag holder in 2024 btw, considering Teddy Riner already did it in Rio, I don't see any athlete in summer Olympics having as much of an aura.

ShoeFlo

I won't lie, seeing 4/5 of our semi-finalists in team sports reaching the final gets me emotional. If we can grab 1 title it will be nice, 2 great, 3 wonderful and 4 absolutely stunning. We'll start with :fr: :us: in basket, and even if we beat them in group phase I'm not getting my hopes up :lol:
VB is the nice surprise, they had never reached the 1/4 finals in an Olympic tournament before, but they've been on fire since then so let's hope it continues tomorrow.

I think the best chances you've got in the Women's handball final against Russia and I will for sure cross my fingers for you. :D In the other finals I guess you are the underdogs but everything is possible xup Losing 4/4 would be tragic so I hope it won't end this way

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I think the best chances you've got in the Women's handball final against Russia and I will for sure cross my fingers for you. :D In the other finals I guess you are the underdogs but everything is possible xup Losing 4/4 would be tragic so I hope it won't end this way
Actually, maybe the ones I'm counting the most on are the volleyball guys. They weren't expected at this stage and have been on cloud nine this whole week, they're so hungry they might just make it.

But let's be realistic here, the 0/4 will totally happen and I'm not ready for it xheart

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Our volley girls are in the final xcheer

volei_fem_classifica_final_toquio.jpg

we will have a medal for volley secured, which I was a bit afraid it wouldn't be the case after the beach volleyball flop

as for tandara's antidoping ban: bye xqueeenbitch

Top Bottom