Contact us

Tokyo 2021 Summer Olympics

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I'm looking forward to Paris 2024, I know the French will host an amazing event
I hope more than I know, but they indeed have a nice project.
Basically, they want the 2024 Games to be the games of the people. Put as many events in the city as they can - and not just in stadiums, low prices (50% of the tickets will be under 50€, 72% under 20€ for the Paralympics), a small budget as 95% of the infrastructures will already be there, etc.

Let's hope this pandemic will be over by then.

JamieBrown

I don't know why but half of the German top athletes are either badly prepared for Olympics or simply mental wracks but I wonder why is that because the average German is a couch potato who only cares about football of all sports. There is less medial pressure here, they are far from being superstars in spotlight (then again they aren't financially backed as superstars either, which is the core of the problem regarding the bad sports promotion in Germany)

Possible reasons, why there is a lot of pressure for western countries at the olympics, shown by the example of Germany xcookie
- Only time when their sports is shown by the media, therefore the only chance to gain publicity and new sponsoring treaties
- It's all about medals. You are a disgrace for your country if you fail to win a medal for the football-minded couch potatoes. You better don't dare to get a place around 6th
- You need to win the medal for your sports association. If you fail the medal goal from the NOC, your association's financial support will get shortened and it will be harder for you, your teammates and the youth, you may also have to coach already, since there are less coaches in your sports, since there are less athletes anyways, since many gave up their career, since they had no money, since the NOC shortened the sponsorship, since some douchy loser only got 6th 13 years ago...

AlekS

Veteran
6130950fb46e7-e1630577184701-780x520.jpg

Paralympic "Michael Phelps", swimmer Maksym Krypak, has just achieved his 5th gold at these Paralympics and 640 000 € in prize money xbow As of now he's #1 multi-medalist.

2nd Paralympics, 15 medals in total (including 10 gold medals).
Potential top-15 Paralympians of all times in Paris.

Last edited:

hawadharma

@hawadharma 🇲🇾 picked up a silver medal through the Pocket Rocketman as he's called Azizulhasni Awang in the Men's Keirin for cycling. :D

Azizulhasni-Awang-Tokyo-olympics-AP.jpg
OMG I can't believe I missed this tag xheat

He's our hero xcheer

P/S: We did amazing (better) in the Paralympics, so sad 1 of the gold medals/world record breaker for shot-put (through Ziyad Zolkefli) is being cancelled due to protests made by Ukrainian delegates. xcry

AlekS

Veteran
^ Malaysians spammed our athlete's Insta with hate & threats and insults against my country.
Our football player with exactly the same name also got attacked :ROFLMAO: xfacepalm
Our athlete (shot put) also arrived late at the national championships and missed her opportunity to get the Olympic license. Rules are the same for everyone.
The only one they should blame is their delegation which set up their own athlete. Which is super heartbreaking & unfortunate, because results-wise he was better :(

Last edited:

hawadharma

^ Malaysians spammed our athlete's Insta with hate & threats and insults against my country.
Our football player with exactly the same name also got attacked :ROFLMAO: xfacepalm
Our athlete (shot put) also arrived late at the national championships and missed her opportunity to get the Olympic license. Rules are the same for everyone.
The only one they should blame is their delegation which set up their own athlete. Which is super heartbreaking & unfortunate, because results-wise he was better :(

@AlekS , I am truly sorry for that too, Malaysians netizens online are so rude! :confused:

I understand that rules has been broken, and I acknowledge that. It is a major opportunity missed just for a mistake that could've been avoided if the delegation was more aware of the time. :cry:

Top Bottom