Contact us

Time to remove the Eurovision subforum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LalehForWD

Is it time to remove the ESC XXXX - Song, Artist, NF Discussions-subforum and the country ESC threads?

During the little bit over a year since I join the forum, the number of active posters in this section can be counted on one hand, sometimes up to ten perhaps. None of which have any mutual interests. I think 90% of the forum members never even read the threads, fewer care to post anything and if they do it's often a quick short comment of which no reply is expected. Most of the threads are stone dead and the rest is of pretty low quality. My impression is that not even during NF high season and Eurovision week are there much interests.

Therefore I think it's pretty pointless to keep them and rather rude to those who put an effort and tries to shake some life in the threads. It's just not going to happen - the reasons behind are incomprehensible to me.

Then we got the discussion section, at the moment Emmelie's Empire which used to be Loreen's Loft. I assume the idea with this model is to have each event or idea as it's own thread and people post comments about the topic - reddit style. However, the threads tends to be duplicates of pretty much the same recurrent topics over and over again. 49% is about EBU corruption and 49% is about cheating in voting, effectively thread spamming where any interesting topic gets buried.

Why not dedicated sticky threads where all the conspiracy theories can dwell and prosper?

For newcomers it isn't very clear that discussions should be carried out in another section. Although I'm slow, it took me a couple of months to figure that out. It also dramatically drains the country threads of any relevant discussions and tend to spread them out.

I've been thinking of ideas around this since last summer and I've come up with 2 ideas that would satisfy my personal presence.

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
Well personally, I think that it's good the way it is right now :D all ESC sections allow various discussions and it's easier to find threads / topics because of sections like ESC XXXX - Song, Artist, NF Discussions or any other one :D + people can post news about ESC artists and these threads / sections are important source of information and things some members want to keep in touch with :D

And about any breakings of the board rule(s), people are free to report that post or PM me and/or Matt and the Admin/Mod team will review these posts as soon as possible :D

Lonter

The random bolding for emphasis doesn't make the argument any more convincing. As people have mentioned, this is still an ESCforum so it would be silly, really

Impressive

Banned
In case if we remove those parts of forum, then where is the part of "Eurovision" style? :lol:

LalehForWD

A...a....are...are you serious?

YEs

I've said it once and I'll say it again....

...Jesus.

Who?

The random bolding for emphasis doesn't make the argument any more convincing. As people have mentioned, this is still an ESCforum so it would be silly, really

Emphasising xheart

Seems a bit silly to get rid of the Eurovision section of a Eurovision forum! :lol:
In case if we remove those parts of forum, then where is the part of "Eurovision" style? :lol:

Yes, isn't it silly with a Eurovision forum without Eurovision?

LalehForWD

Well personally, I think that it's good the way it is right now :D all ESC sections allow various discussions and it's easier to find threads / topics because of sections like ESC XXXX - Song, Artist, NF Discussions or any other one :D + people can post news about ESC artists and these threads / sections are important source of information and things some members want to keep in touch with :D

And about any breakings of the board rule(s), people are free to report that post or PM me and/or Matt and the Admin/Mod team will review these posts as soon as possible :D

Obviously it isn't really the format that bothers me. Personally I found doctormalisimo's ESC 2013 Conspiracy Thread a great idea and a relief.

LalehForWD

So you think a Eurovision forum without Eurovision is silly, but you want to get rid of the Eurovision from the Eurovision forum? You make no sense whatsoever

Oh well, I hoped on some constructive ideas and a discussion. No idea why you're being worked up. Did I offend you in any way? I'm just saying (in my opinion) the Eurovision subforum - which is the main feature of the forum - isn't satisfying. Should it be removed or is there some ideas to make it better? If you are fine with how things are, good for you, no need to enter bullying mode. And yes, there is some sarcasm/trolling involved but also a deeper meaning.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Oh well, I hoped on some constructive ideas and a discussion. No idea why you're being worked up. Did I offend you in any way? I'm just saying (in my opinion) the Eurovision subforum - which is the main feature of the forum - isn't satisfying. Should it be removed or is there some ideas to make it better? If you are fine with how things are, good for you, no need to enter bullying mode. And yes, there is some sarcasm/trolling involved but also a deeper meaning.

I'm not bullying you, no need to pull that card out. I just find it ridiculous anyone would think of even removing the Eurovision forum from a Eurovision forum

DanielLuis

Hmm it's good as it is? ESC 2014 sub-thread will obviously pick up with the NF season, it always does?
Obviously the past ESC threads aren't as active, but then again this is an eurovision forum so we need it.

doctormalisimo

While I do agree that all these reposted threads about EBU corruption, the sucky new voting system, the suckiness of the juries are pointless because there's more than enough of them, I wouldnt go to the extreme that we should delete the ESC subforums (which admittedly, arent very popular during the off-season) and rename the forum to united.com

DanielLuis

I'm sorry but this is the most hilarious thread I've seen here in a while :lol:
Removing the Eurovision subforum of a eurovision fan forum :lol:

r3gg13

Here's my reaction.

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

Here's my personal take on it. Each of those threads have a fair amount of info, pics, and links (to videos, articles, etc.) aside from discussions between forum members. I think it's nice that we still have access to that. In case we ever needed to see old links, discussions, what have you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom